Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

This is why bf1 is the best recent bf

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

make all aircraft vulnerable to small arms fire, especially jets

Yeah this. I actually love pre-modern era BF planes, jets can gently caress off. Having the aircraft susceptible to small arms makes the game more interactive, and using guns and flak is more fun than playing cat and mouse with lock-on missiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Do people actually get in legal trouble for leaking poo poo like that, or does Dice/EA just ban them or something? I imagine they agree to NDAs? Having a few minutes of internet clout by leaking it doesn't seem worth it either way

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Chillgamesh posted:

The way most people rage about shotguns is kind of how I feel about sniper rifles lol

That said I like to play recon by putting a midrange scope on a BASR with a decent cycle rate like the M40A5. It's fun to onetap people at long range and getting a cqb snap headshot off feels great too, and the scouting gadgets help your squad out a lot.

Playing as a radar-ball throwing recon with an M1 Garand in Bad Company was my jam

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I think the BF1 recon is actually my favorite ever, iron-sight bolt action rifles, revolvers, flare guns, and the hatchet :black101:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Elite kits are great and a blast to play but taking one down with a perfectly timed bayonet charge was the best feeling ever

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I hope eventually every bit of BF1942 ends up in the Portal so we can just outright play 1942 on the new Frostbite engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm imagining playing as some cavalry dude with a saber and a horse, running over a bunch of super serious bush wookies with 1000x scopes on the edge of the map and chuckling to myself