Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

Just grab 4. Nobody plays 1 anymore and V isn’t worth playing.

On PC at least, there's still plenty of people playing BF1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah 1 has a good player base still. Not on all game modes though.

Yes I’m the only one in the universe who wants to play Air Superiority in BF1.

I wish there was back to basics servers up still

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

Bob Wins posted:

But yeah Battlefield 1 was great. I basically played Operations and nothing else for the games whole life. That whistle blow and like 100 dudes screaming every time a match started or a sector got won was freaking great. It was rare and definitely off meta but getting some friends coordinating in a landship mark IV could dominate a server.

Yeah BF1 is probably tied with BC2 for my favourite. The fact that you can blow a whistle as squad leader in BF1 puts it in the lead. Let's hope they add future whistles to 2042

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020
Played Bf4 again for the first time in years and that game really overwhelms me. I feel like I can barely tell what's happening on screen and that everything is really small compared to BF1. Must be my age :corsair:

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020
Starting enjoying bf4 again when playing it, but people in it are so cold compared to BF1. Where's the "thank you" after ammo/revive? :(

Also thank god you can turn admin messages off, wtf is going on in some of those servers

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

Sab669 posted:

Is there a setting specifically for Admin spam? I just disabled the chatlog all together...

Not that I know of, I only know how to disable the ones that pop up in the middle of the screen. (hide game tutorials I think)

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

Perestroika posted:

Let me put a bayonet on a the biggest LMG and then let me hold down the trigger while I'm bayonetting somebody. :getin:

I'll always enjoy CoD: World at War for allowing you to bayonet someone and shoot them whilst doing so.

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020
Been enjoying the model 1900 and gas grenades in BF1, but I can't seem to get the model 1900 slug to work for me. Seems wildly inconsistent compared to the factory variant

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020
Upgraded my PC and I'm super impressed by BF1 at ultra. Wonder how Bfv will hold up when it's installed

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020
Just played some Bfv for the first time... It feels weird? The gunfire sounds very clicky for lack of a better word and the flow of gameplay feels kinda less satisfying than BF1. Although I have only started in fairness.

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

Mordja posted:

Funnily enough, I thought BF1 was better for that than BF4, which was the absolute nadir of visibilty for me, for whatever reason. Haven't played V, but I've seen the video.

I'm exactly the same, felt like I was fighting in an impressionist painting in BF4 sometimes

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020
Gameplay aside I'd be interested to see if they can get maps that look as good as the BF1 maps. Maps like Passchendaele and Verdun are some of the most stunning maps I've played in BF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020
If they added the damaged wing mechanic from BF1 that might be helpful, but like others have said, lock on missiles are dull vs flak