Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Perestroika posted:

The BR genre is also pretty saturated with longer matured games. The regular old shooting has never really been Battlefield's main strength. Sure, it's generally decent and serviceable, but doesn't usually feel as tight and responsive as its competitors. Unless they really step up their game in that regard or find a very unique gimmick, I can't really see it managing to compete with the likes of Apex.

Surprise this game has Titans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol holy loving poo poo the jet scene

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1402647746713161731?s=21

No BR, No Campaign.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Have they mentioned cross-play anywhere

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looten Plunder posted:

It's been a while since I visited the GPU thread but unless there has been some miracle in the global supply and the price/performance of mid range GPUs has increased dramatically in the last 6-12 montha I think I've got to give this one a miss.

Here’s an update: it’s gotten worse lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

wookus sniper van wizball

I loved him in Starship Troopers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

can't believe no one has said the obvious for the unannounced gamemode for "longtime fans"

Strike At Karkand 24/7 HARDCORE ~ NO GRENADES ~

Crouch no sprint servers are BACK

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SpartanIvy posted:

Aircraft Carrier skins when, DICE?

Add one yourself

https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/1403018562923417609?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Perestroika posted:

If you want to bridge the time until release, turns out Battlefield 4 with all expansions is currently on sale on Steam for literally :10bux:. Still owns.

Prime currently has BF4 for free

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sab669 posted:

Tribes Ascended rocked. Titanfall 1 & 2 rocked.

Need me some more Go Fast Shootymans games.

Infinite Warfare was the best COD for fast shootmans

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1418210983311384592?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s the previously redacted mode. Hazard is it’s own other thing, I think.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Perestroika posted:

Imagine experiencing all the these classic original maps the way they were always meant to be played: Without snipers.

Gonna make a rule that you die if you stop moving

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sab669 posted:

That reminds me of this movie I saw where this bus had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over 50. And if it's speed dropped it would explode! I think it was called The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down?

Close it’s actually called Crank and Crank 2: High Voltage.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lmao 1942 car division vs a bunch of tiny drones

looks hilarious

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cyks posted:

The trailer is really lacking in detail but the official site has opened up the hazard zone section and it includes a bunch of information. Doesn’t say availability but the trailer implies at launch?

Short version it is Hunt:Showdown but with only two extraction windows and 8 teams of 4 per map. Sounds like extractions occur at 5 minutes and 20 minutes. No character permadeath but you lose your discount bonus for multiple successful extractions and any gear you brought into the round with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHS3fhJYDIQ

Arekkz (and I assume other streamers) got to see or play a preview yesterday so I expect more details out shortly. You extract drives (2 extractions per match) to gain currency to buy better weapons/gear/tech.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aside from the (lower) player count, you're still talking about teams all teams being driven towards the center (final extraction) by a storm (sandstorm/environment gets worse as the match progresses) and only one team gets to leave. It definitely feels very BR and I would have prefer something less fixed and more akin to tarkov where the play space is populated by teams as they come and go and the gameplay of finding/extracting drives forces them into conflict.

As it is right now this has the makings of early Blackout where the end of the match was determined not by the team who played/did the most, but by the team that did the least / conserved the most armor/ammo for the final fight. If the final extraction is clearly stated to everyone, then you can just build a team to sweep whoever is left, steal their drives, and bail.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is anyone having issues with breakthrough? Everytime I try it it never starts and is just kinda frozen on the beginning screen.

I had that happen once tonight with the group I was playing with. I also had a few CTD. Anyways, aside from that the game was… fun? There was some odd rubber banding here and there but the guns and gunplay felt ok and conquest was varied enough in that you could play the big picture or do fun poo poo with your squad. I’m not entirely sold on the game because holy poo poo it’s janky as gently caress but when the stars align and everything work it’s not only loving gorgeous it’s fun as hell.