Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

priznat posted:

I have had “Kickstart my heart” stuck in my head since the reveal trailer. Note, I am not complaining!

It's a legit good song. They have a whole library of ear worms you end up boppin around to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So hyped for this. BF4 was so fun to just jump in and kill poo poo, but I missed the launch for it. I love how maps can go from sweat fests to lmao choke point bum rush.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, was about to be put into a game then it said matchmaking canceled. :(

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
gently caress yes. Played first match. 90fps average with max options. This game is like butter. Loving everything about it. Hardon central over here.

Battlefield is back!

Yessssssss!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Nothing feeling stuttery to me. I don't do vehicles tho. I have seen some warping, but I haven't felt like I lost any gunfights because of it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Orc Priest posted:

I don't know if their internal build is much further along but yeah this game feels like it could use a delay into the spring. Other than that, it's fun as hell. Been having a ton of fun. The guns have a nice feel to them and Orbital is a great map. I can already tell I'm going to be playing here a lot.

Are we playing the same game? It could be released TODAY.

Yeah, some weird missile flash stuff, but it's nearly perfection right now, IMO.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

eonwe posted:

I expected the performance to be a lot worse. Its running really smooth on my PC so far actually

Someone mentioned running it in borderless for a FPS bump.

Got 10 more. I'm at 102 fps average now max settings @ 1080p. i5 11600k and rx5700. No OC.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

D-Pad posted:

Holy poo poo the tank is an infantry delete button (the cannon not the machine gun). I just parked it on a good hill and played artillery. My team repeatedly took points because I deleted anybody who showed their face. It's like sniping with an main battle tank.

A well placed vehicle can become a sniping god and run your kill count through the roof.

Generally it's like this on larger maps like this, and hopefully, we'll have some smaller non-vehicle laden maps to rotate through because it can get really annoying.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 6, 2021

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
As much fun as I'm having, I do agree with a lot of the nitpicks.

The anti-vehicle weapons seem a lot weaker in this than in BF4 were. Maybe you just need to unlock stronger ones.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Perestroika posted:

The AT launcher seemed pretty solid to me so far, though having just three shots does make it difficult to actually kill vehicles on your own unless you get great positioning or an ammo bag.

But yeah, judging from the earlier games there'll likely be a selection of launchers with a sliding scale of ease of use vs. damage. Chances are the Carl Gustav falls somewhere in the middle damage-wise, since the projectile is pretty fast and drop quite gentle.

I haven't seen landmines yet. Usually 2 or 3 of those would end anything.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Reading the complaints is so weird. Battlefield 1 was a complete shitshow, and terrible addition to the franchise. I skipped V because it was so awful. Now we finally get something modern again and it's like they took BF4 and added some cool gadgets to it. It feels and plays great, and not total poo poo like BF1 was. Yeah, the UI, class system, mods, and other weird glitches need some work, but cancelling? Really? I dont get it. Compared to boring as COD and the previous crap BF games, this is pure gold.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Honestly I couldn't stand BF1 and BF5 because of the historical settings. I like reading the history of these wars that they're being modeled after, but playing them is like playing a Model T driving simulator. I like all my shooters to be modern day or futuristic. I understand they put all the same mechanics to emulate modern day stuff, but my lizard brain wont accept it. It just wont. :shrug:

I had a freaking blast with 2042 and can't wait.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i dunno, had no issues with the open beta with 128 players on my i5 and rx5700 was pushing 100fps with everything cranked

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yikes. They need to redo spawning. Every game is just piles of both teams respawning literally on top of each other over and over. It's ridiculous. I I didn't run into these issues in the open beta. Spawning seemed proper.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Having fun, and glad we got it. Still have a few criticisms. The spawning needs to be massively tweaked, enemy players spawning right where you spawned a second ago should never happen. Not sure why this is happening, maybe just a bug in the code. Maps are just too big for breakthrough, running for two minutes on foot to capture a point is bad and wrong. It's fun, but the points need to be much, much, closer together. Some maps have it right, but mostly not. I can't wait until the majority of folks have unlocked the anti-armor mines. Respawn bugs, reload bugs etc.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It still takes me 5 minutes to find my drat gun to change the loadout. It's frustrating how bad the interface is for this.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Did they ever ... fix this or make it like BF3 and BF4? I bought it on release, and it was just too big. A million people going in a million directions, and it was dumb as gently caress.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Reinstalled since launch and I've been enjoying Breakthrough. Conquest still feels way too big and chaotic, and too many enemies spawning right on the spawn you just appeared on. Too annoying to play.

Weren't they supposed to add servers in this or am I blind? I miss having the same teams over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I wish this had better maps. I'm not a fan of any of them, really. I really enjoyed the BF3 & 4 maps.