Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

before bf1 gun combat always felt terrible in battlefield games (and foot movement felt icy and unresponsive) it was a big step up IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

pretty late in the day for the game to look THIS janky isnt it ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

said literally nobody

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

finally came across some test gameplay from someone that can play games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-P4_g9POpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbhCWkvp2-8

Qmass fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 21, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

cause I watched some BF2042 videos I am being recommended BF5 videos (a game I did not play) and within 20seconds I see a guy with voodooy face paint and stupid inlaid gold weapon skins and it just occured to me that this new battlefield will be the first I play with all the ridiculous player models and weapon skin poo poo from COD and ergh vomit

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Chikimiki posted:

Jackfrags did a short video playing bf1942 a few weeks ago, and you can see that movement and gunplay is really crap compared to modern shooters (or even shooters of that period). However, as others said before those were the games that popularized huge maps with tons of vehicles in a multiplayer fps.
it was always the downside of battlefield games until BF1 IMO. Really bad floaty aim and icy movement is how I used to describe it. Compared to something tight like the COD series since modern warfare which - no matter how you feel about those games - has had really tight shooting mechanics.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

what discord do goons use for battlefield ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

presumably having a gameplay sabotage option means they are going to start punishing players for sitting in the furthest corners of a map, never pushing objectives or contributing to victory

right? :confused:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

go to the store page and one of the buy options is for open beta and the price button will say request access

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

the best kind of error

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

you know what doesnt help make your game feel solid? loving sound effects that sound like a glitched out sound effect for mousing over every option in a menu

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

am I still misunderstanding a technical test if I say that the beta feels as janky as the test footage looked ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

the bots are bugged I think hope

I just sat at a cap and endless waves of bots would pour into range rarely hitting me, sometimes if they got inside the cap they wouldnt even look at me kinda wigging out looking around and up. Ended up with 62 kills...

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

the menu fps is uncapped so if you don't have a global cap set (like in nvidia control panel) then lookout if you have an evga 3090 or you might get new world'd

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

The United States posted:

so I'm guessing it's PING dependent to a huge degree but without any server browser or any way to see my ping it's just a crapshoot.
it does show your ping in a match on the top right side of the scoreboard screen thing

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

is it just me or does the announcer sound like tom cruise

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

yep and if its like new world, because its a seperate beta you don't put any hours into the real game so you can refund it, if you want.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

this game feels aimless to me

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I don't notice it so much on foot but the negative mouse acceleration is REALLY bad in vehicles

edit: but its like that in bf5 too

Qmass fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 7, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

allegedly the comm rose will be in the release client and that is the far far superior method of setting objectives for squads anyway

that said, it is BATSHIT CRAZY that is added so late in development, given how fundamental it is to battlefield

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Aphex- posted:

People are guessing that this Hazard Zone mode might be like Tarkov. Sounds plausible.
IMO its more likely to be like the hunt because the backend of tarkov is a MASSIVE undertaking and probably > 50% of the experience. Tarkov is a loot simulator more than a mil sim. I don't see them developing all of that for a secondary game mode. I hope im wrong though because a slightly more casual tarkov would be awesome.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

lack of pve one less interesting element and no persistent back end mentioned kinda cuts its legs out for me kinda becomes a play once and move on thing

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

ok

trailer was kinda thin, Ill read the article I guess

edit: there is AI but it sounds like the matches reward credits that you use to bring better loadouts into matches and the only persistent reward is account and battle pass XP... kinda simple IMO

quote:

The more Data Drives you gather in a match of Hazard Zone, the more XP you gain for your overall level and Battle Pass and the more DMC you collect to spend on equipment and upgrades during a future match.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 14, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

gently caress jackfrags. nobody can turn 1 minute into 10 quite like 'em

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

from a publisher like EA... do they see a road to bringing the real worlds legal system to bear on hacking /cheating / piracy with games? Is that their endgame with this poo poo? or is it simply another road to monetization?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I mean i get that you can tune a lot of the guns to behave entirely differently but still these are some fuckin rookie numbers.
hello battlefield friend. we have some excellent weapons planned for season 1 of our fantastic new BF2042 battle pass (tm) please enjoy.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

2 days left to what ?

edit: oh paid early access. ewww.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

the most shocking thing about this is how bad the sound is. epic sound was one of the core elements of battlefield games for ever now... I can't believe how totally fucken broken it is in this release.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

RCarr posted:

The graphics are great though? At least comparatives to other shooters on my Series X.

Obviously, turn off motion blurring and explosion shaking or whatever they’re called.
IMO it honestly looks bad on ultra on a 3080. muddy is the right word. Its like its low detail mobile game or something... something is hosed with their tech because occasionally when it zooms into a death there is a crisp road texture and a high res puddle reflection which looks half ok but in motion it looks trash... modern warfare looks better to me.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

terrible game if you care enough to try in games

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

this game would be acceptable if it was the alpha of the first game in a new series

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

there are so many things that seem off

enemies look like ants without being all that far away

there is some kind of negative mouse acceleration even still

hit reg might be wonky or servers are wonky or tick rate is wonky I dunno wtf

it just feels wonky

I feel like that dickhead firing their RPK on full auto at a dirt hill all game

edit: and that is JUST how it feels to aim a gun. a tiny if crucial element. that doesn't begin to speak on the UI, the maps, the scoreboard, the squad system, the class system... a million other things.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 13, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

If your mouse feels off, check you have raw input on. Also make sure you have mouse precision/acceleration off in Windows.

You unlock weapons by level and attachments from using the guns themselves..
ive watched videos of people showing how controller settings affect mouse feel so I think your usual methods might be pissing into hurricane

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

when you die you can't even tell if the player models around you are friendly because there is no difference between teams and when you are dead the game hides player names / team colors.... there is no distance to friendly medic indicator like in bf5 so you never know if you should wait or respawn.

this game has so many hosed decisions, fundamentally, on every level.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

is there any chance they can improve the performance of a CPU bottlenecked game post release ?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

how can this black screen between rounds be a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

lol this game is still in a totally hosed state

frozen black screens after some games, a camera turn bug which feels sorta like a really notchy tank camera turning, but you are on foot... just had audio which was delayed for everything, that's nice.