Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

We pulled it together and won a couple rounds, and I focused on reviving the (many, many) injured for a few rounds. Definitely a code to keep handy, I unlocked a ton of stuff. They really want you to buy that battlepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I thought that the debate had essentially ended at a stalemate since games have started cross playing with PC anyway

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Gamemaking or game breaking

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1598770626738720771

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There's a billion options for sensitivity, and I've seen custom servers with lowered ttk, although I don't know if you get xp or unlock anything playing in them.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

it is a better fit for BF1 folks or BF4 folks?

I liked 4 better than 1, my only real problem with it is the special character mechanic.

Hot Diggity! posted:

The game is good.

yeah you gotta hand it to them

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I got my traditional one accidental defibrillator kill ever in my second or third match, I don't know what there is to work for now

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

BeeSeeBee posted:

Assault Rifles
:swoon:M5A3:love:: Unlocked by default

Why is the first AR unlocked always the best one

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

AK24 better imo

The game has a bug where I can't kill anyone with the ak24 (or most other guns)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shnag posted:

The mini guns seem to really suck, I quickly change it to a gun that has a AOE. People can be real assholes in the transport helicopters, they snatch it up, slam it on top of a building and leave it. A few times I’ve had the driver bail mid air for no reason so I had to quickly switch to pilot to keep everyone in the air.

I'm the mid-air bailer, it's me. If I do it, it's because there's an absolute cloud of death in front of me that the chopper will not survive and I'm hoping everyone else will jump too, or because I thought everyone was heading to the same objective and I don't want the thing stolen if I bail too low or land. The big VTOL gun transport I don't bail from so much as fail to figure out how to fly it before I crash

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

explosivo posted:

Tbh I've been having a great time running around spotting/hacking poo poo as Rao. I've always been a habitual spotter in these games so it's nice to have a class that lets me truly go sicko mode with spotting.

Blasco's weird little cosmic key device can block spotting up and down through floors, slapping it down when there's a gunfight above or below you is a gold mine.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I thought the battle log was great, I was really sad when they just reused the same app for 1 and I didn't get to be a commander in the waiting room at my doctor's office anymore

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Since they're doing this portal thing they don't even need new maps, just stick in all of Battlefield: Vietnam and call it a week. Locker and Metro are already both great breakthrough maps with basically no changes needed. Shanghai is a fine conquest map, but could be a cool breakthrough map where the zones wrap around the water with the central skyscraper being the final objective.

I still haven't learned the map names in 2042. There's Icy Boat one, Big Landslide one, Amazon Warehouse on the Veldt one is probably my favorite, and I think there's a desert one?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like mid air repairs, but I would have expected a tank shell to be fatal or knock it so off course it crashed in the next moment or two, disappointing

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I detonated a C5 directly under a guy on foot in a building and it did him 65 damage before he killed me

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The people with dozens of kills but who are still under me on the scoreboard because I revived some people near an objective while waiting to be slaughtered

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I always figured incendiary grenades were for blocking thermals and that vs smoke was just a trade off

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think the idea is that having the laser on improves accuracy from the hip, but then since it's a video game they had to come up with some downside too

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

codo27 posted:

That one makes sense but the other attachment nonsensically has the aforementioned effects

That is bizarre. I like that gun though, I managed to get two or three dudes with it before I gave up last night. I need to unlock the 30 round magazine so I don't keep dying right before that last necessary bullet in gunfights. I also only noticed that first optic has a canted iron sight when I deployed at my base to play with it before I quit.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shnag posted:

It would be nice to see battlefield have controllable war ships and subs again

Running that carrier up on the beach was always my first order of business if there was one on the map

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yeah it's on Game Pass. If you get it, please give out ammo boxes and don't get out of the vehicle you're driving under any circumstances.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

widespread posted:

But what if I'm playing the other two medics Supports? I kinda liked being Irish with his anti-grenade systems.

I think you can, isn't the box is a gadget for the class that all the dudes have and can be switched between ammo and health?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

widespread posted:

You have to choose between health or ammo. They're two separate gadgets.

Yeah but you can still have Irish and his walls/explosion protection. Picking up ammo from bad guys works alright in a pinch, but I'm terrible so I still run out all the time and it's nice if someone has a box is all lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The people demand metro, locker, or some new three hallway infantry meat grinder

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hopper posted:

More importantly, the people now have to pay for the season pass, my guess is they are scouting the waters to see how much they make from that. If by 6 it isn't enough, they will probably shut it down.

The people do not like this.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jun 6, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

OneEightHundred posted:

I must be doing something wrong cause it seems like much closer than point blank (especially hip-fired) the Super 500 seems to whiff a lot. Well maybe not whiff but leave them at >50% after 2 rounds and at that point I'm dead.

Just gotta get em in that circle and let it fly, the closer the better. Watch a video of someone swinging it around and you'll get an idea of the range. The actual shotguns, on the other hand

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Amateurs, that helicopter definitely would have crashed if I had been piloting it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

Still no metro or locker

What an easy bullseye to not even aim at

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Adding ai to a sinking team might do it, or good old fashioned auto balance

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I've only been blue screened this week right after stealing a humvee that had been suppressing our entire team from a hill on some dumb rush map :argh:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Driving the tank makes every map feel like a chaotic skate park. I love the indestructible sheds

On the flip side, recon is my favorite class for the first time in any BF game. Blasco's infiltration device is a point farm and throwing down all three of your gadgets instantly sets up a wonderful staging area for fast attacks on objectives.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Someone said it earlier, Casper is the best if you're so blazed you can barely use the controller and just want to fly around spotting guys. One should probably trade the tugs for claymores with Casper too, since you're defenseless while dissociating in your drone body.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

are they gonna make control a permanent game mode? It's the most fun I've had with the game for a while...

They have detected your fun and will removing the game mode shortly

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

How do you make the bad guys stand still when you're sniping

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I finally unlocked the m416

I am bad with the m416

e as for sniping, I'll keep trying to get around behind them, maybe even with the m416

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

BF1 is 7.99 on the ps store; it won't tell me how much the other ones are but I bet they're cheap

e do the ACOG or other medium power scopes create that glint, or are they just spotting my uncreative hiding places

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 4, 2023

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I should be a good sport and give it another go, trying it out the first time was just such a demoralizing 45 minutes or so

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ardent Communist posted:

Probably the best thing about BF1 is the fact that when you're the squad leader and you do the "go-go-go" voice command, it's a loving whistle!
I'd honestly say that BF1 may be the best battlefield, but i'll admit to be biased by the both the general setting of WW1 and having a freaking communist campaign.

I did end up shooting a guy with the anti tank gun, that was cool. Then I shot a guy on a horse with the same gun and he killed me with a grenade

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm shocked to say I have had fun with the hazard zone mode, I got a bunch of drives and escaped with my team. We even managed to zap some enemy players, very satisfying after being murdered in the evac chopper too many times (once)

I've played a couple rounds of BF1 now, and while I'm still not a huge fan, it's kind of crazy how much better it looks than 2042. The loading times aren't much better though, at least on my old ps4. I don't think horses can take that many bullets.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The rocket launcher already barely works, why would they make it worse? I use them to kill infantry because it's useless against most vehicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

They could slip most of the BF3&4 maps in to 2042 and I don't think people would complain. Just give me locker and metro, please, just a week, I just need a taste