Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Mordja posted:

Still not sci fi enough for me. I am so fed up of AKs and Littlebirds.

Then have I got just the indie darling game for you! https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/star-wars-battlefront-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Hahah I remember this dude.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

To this very day I still tell people about the hilarious Jeep turned komodo dragon, with all the physics intact. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in a game. If you flipped the lizard on it's back it's belly would start smoking and then catch fire and explode.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Frog Act posted:

DDOSed to death I guess but I did recently play TF2 for the first time a few months ago, and I took the time to unlock everything and cap some of the grinds or whatever, and man, that was a truly spectacular online FPS. I hope this game has even a fraction of that frenetic creativity

Hm, I haven't played it in about two years, but I feel like it aged fine when I was last futzing around. Same for BF1. It's only the BF2 era of games that I have a genuinely hard time immersing myself in these days, but I'm gonna have to go back and give it another try to see if it doesn't hold up like I thought it did. The levelution stuff definitely never amounted to anything but an annoyance, especially on the flood level

I agree with Josh on this one. The gunplay in 4 is godawful when compared to the modern BF titles, and I just can't get past how random the recoil is, and how clunky the whole game feels. Shame, because I really enjoyed it back in the day, but I just can't get into it at all anymore.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I've seen some people running around with different guns. Are those unlocked as you level? I've been at work all day so have only gotten to dip my toes into the game so far.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
It is pretty crazy that the core group of Battlefield goons have been playing together in some way shape or form for over a decade now. It's a great little community.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I've noticed that a lot of the old Battlefield goons are like "I like Battlefield but I didn't really care for <x>, hopefully this one is more fun! :buddy:" and then there's names I don't recognize treating Battlefield discussion as some kind of gotcha game where we try and trick people into posting a contradictory opinion about a video game.

Get some sunlight for chrissakes. Who gives a poo poo if someone doesn't like a game you like, and no one cares if you cancelled your pre-order. Quit being a bunch of weird Reddit neckbeards about it, jesus.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Skyarb posted:

It was only a matter of time before the novelty wore off and people started seeing this game for the pile of poo poo it really truly is. Beyond just the unplayable mess it's a regression in almost all fundamental ways.

Player count is plummeting, two of it's three game modes are graveyards. Even fixing all the bugs the game itself is just so lacking and uninspired.

There will be hold outs, people desperately claiming that they are able to sometimes have fun so it was clearly worth the $60 but in reality this may be the most forgettable battlefield ever made.

Or maybe they can turn it around. I mean they managed it with bfv at the very end but it was mostly too late at that point.

You remind me of Sean Spicer and his weird obsession with publicly airing his disdain for Dippin' Dots.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Bohemian Nights posted:

Game dying this early would be hilarious if this wasn't a series I have enjoyed every single entry of until now

Same. I've enjoyed playing every Battlefield title to varying degrees, but this is the first one where I just say "This is poo poo". Hardline was probably the "worst" Battlefield up until now, and it is lightyears ahead of this one.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
After going back and trying the most recent update, I've decided that I'm done with Battlefield as a series as long as crossplay is around. The aim assist is far too aggressive, and allows console players to have crazy accuracy and low recoil with guns that are, essentially, worthless on PC. I thought I'd like having the player mix, but every time I get zipped by double headshots at medium range that feels like an aimbot, it's always a red S ranked console player.

What a lovely game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

jisforjosh posted:

I don't usually tell people to get good, but the aim assist in 2042 is no where near the hilarious badness of COD, if you're getting killed more often by console gamers, work on your aim and map awareness

It's neither though, you and I have played together plenty and you know I'm not a bad player. It puts a bad taste in my mouth watching a dude on youtube using an M240b maintaining accurate fire while walking, and he even says himself the gun is basically unusable on PC.