Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm so drat ready to enjoy playing a Battlefield game again. Please make it at least as good as 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Same. Just getting the QR code message. I'm assuming it's typical launch instability stuff.

Same here. I downloaded the beta through Steam so I really hope it isn't just looking to see if I pre-ordered on Steam.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pre-ordering on Steam fixed the "you have to pre-order or be a EA Play member" issue so guess I'll just cancel that later if the game turns out to suck.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Big fan of the shotgun slugs in this game. Unlike some previous Battlefields they generally hit what you aim at.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ytlaya posted:

For some reason I have an immensely more difficult time shooting people in this than in BF5. I think it's something specific to me, since my friend is doing fine.

I think it stems from enemies being far more difficult to see. Don't know if this is some sort of colorblind thing or what, but I have to devote like 95% of my mental attention towards scanning for enemies that all blend into the surrounding grass/trees (it's a little easier if they're against concrete, but even then there's still something about the visuals that makes them appear less distinctly). I rarely had this issue in BF5, but it's just incredibly hard for me to see people in this. I keep losing track of things while straining my eyes trying to search for enemies (and almost always lose in any given engagement unless there's a lot of stuff going on and enemies don't notice me).

I think I've gotten like 80% of my kills from being in a helicopter, with only like 1-3 kills with a gun each game.

This is a problem I have with every new Battlefield game. The player models and environment just blend together unless I turn a lot of graphics settings down/off.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I haven't played Battlefield since BF4 (I think) and I have just one question: can I either detpack a quad bike and yeet it into a tank, killing everyone, or spam mortars or equivalent to generate ridiculous amounts of rage?

If I can do either of those I'll buy it day one.

Pretty sure the trailer features a quad bike with C4 attached flying off a roof into a helicopter so that'll be a thing.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

jisforjosh posted:

Full weapon screen for All Out Warfare

BF4 at launch
Assault Rifles - 11
SMG/PDW - 9
LMG - 9
DMR - 8
Sniper - 9
Utility(Shotguns) - 8
Secondary - 13

If that's really all you get they must be banking on customization altering how each gun operates significantly.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The sound of the tank firing and reloading is extremely nostalgic for me.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm a sucker for ballistic shields in all games and was looking forward to Dozer the most.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

They give shield guy his shield back yet?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Lmao you can put underbarrel grenade launchers on the sniper rifles.

Didn't one of the past games let you use the underbarrel GL as a shotgun? Would be rad to put that on a sniper rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

comedyblissoption posted:

there has to be some type of hitreg bug where when you're adsing none of your shots will register ever on a particular target until you re-ads

this has nothing to do w/ weapon bloom

I feel like "other guy no-sells an entire magazine in his back before turning around and killing you with three bullets" has been a thing in Battlefield since as far back as BC2 at least.