Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Can anyone give general impressions on how the Battlefield games play on Steam? Specifically friends list, party joining, etc given how Origin still runs in the background. Does it use your Origin friends list or Steam friends list?

I’ve got the other Battlefield titles on Origin but am interested in playing on Steam. My only experience with new EA games on Steam was Jedi Fallen Order, but that’s single player only and I never had to interact with the mini Origin client after booting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
^^^Any scaling options for the UI in the options?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

Can anyone give general impressions on how the Battlefield games play on Steam? Specifically friends list, party joining, etc given how Origin still runs in the background. Does it use your Origin friends list or Steam friends list?

I’ve got the other Battlefield titles on Origin but am interested in playing on Steam. My only experience with new EA games on Steam was Jedi Fallen Order, but that’s single player only and I never had to interact with the mini Origin client after booting up.

Now that the beta is live, can anyone provide feedback on this?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

explosivo posted:

Can't say about friend invites but I'm considering refunding on steam and going over to Origin just because it seems like I have to manually launch Origin before the game launches anyway. it gives me an error about EA Desktop/Origin not being able to run at the same time but there's no EA Desktop processes running. Once I launch Origin (which it doesn't give me an error for) then I can start the game from Steam.

Cool, thanks.

I think I'll stick with Origin, in that case!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Could I pre-purchase the game through Origin, and then cancel once the beta ends? If I like the game enough I'll get a discounted key somewhere else, but I just installed a new GPU and am chomping at the bit to play the beta right now.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Wow, that ping and latency are godawful.

fake edit: and I can invert my soldier aim but no matter what, I can't seem to do the same for vehicle aim.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm going to cancel my pre-order but mostly so I can either pick it up on Steam, or get a third-party Origin key for cheaper. I say I might wait a bit after launch before playing, but who am I kidding.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
So...it seems like one who is on the fence - and found the beta only fun because I played with friends - to either get the 10 hour EA play trial OR wait for the patch situation to stabilize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That sounds like a good plan

I mean, I enjoyed BFV at launch, but dropped it within 60 hours when the lack of content became troublesome. My friends dropped it way earlier and I was playing it lone wolf at the end of my time.

Loved BF1, however and played that up until BFV's launch.

The 2042 beta gave me BFV vibes, in that lone wolfing was not going to be fun and I could see my friend group dropping it quickly for any other shooters.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 19, 2021