Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The people in youtube chat simultaneously going AWWWWWWWW was worth it

Edit: I hope this game doesn't suck. I played every battlefield from 1942 - BF3 but fell off around 4 and never played more than an hour of 1 or V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eh. Idk what would've gotten me hyped for a new Battlefield but that wasn't really it. I guess I'll check out the gameplay reveal and see what's up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looten Plunder posted:

It's been a while since I visited the GPU thread but unless there has been some miracle in the global supply and the price/performance of mid range GPUs has increased dramatically in the last 6-12 montha I think I've got to give this one a miss.

It might actually be worse now in terms of amount being charged by scalpers.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SpartanIvy posted:

It's sad that "global warming is real and will continue to create refugees" is a controversial statement. Reminds me of the morons who got mad at the Wolfenstein devs because their game promotes violence against Nazis

Yeah my first thought was how long until we see people gettin mad about videogames because the game features a world where climate change has caused turmoil in one way or another.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kibayasu posted:

I havenít ever really cared about customization and I doubt this game will get me to.

Especially in a Battlefield game.. I guess they have to do it because there are people out there who want it but I have zero interest in playing dressup with my guy in Battlefield.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay that looked sick I'm in

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I finally got to play some BF4 again tonight after wrestling with audio issues the last few times I tried and god drat it's like coming home. That game is still so loving good.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah are there any recommendations for decent BF4 servers that aren't just 24/7 Canal or whatever?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Does BF4 work with streaming services like GeForce now? I can't remember if origin was supported.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just love spending an entire round with the laser designator being an absolute prick to anyone in the skies at least. I just placed top 10 on my team with a 2-1 KD on Firestorm because of all the assists

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So higher tickrate basically means better hit detection? Is there a reason why servers are still doing 30/60?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dog nougat posted:

It's cheaper to rent servers with a lower refresh rate

Ah okay, that makes sense

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I managed to get a couple buds to play BF4 with me and we had a blast last night. One of my friends plays engineer so we spent the whole round with me spotting and him with the rocket launcher and it turns out the "spot everything for a whole round" strategy works so much better when you have a dedicated engineer to shoot at what you're spotting instead of all the randos on your team just ignoring the easy layup rocket kills.

I just love being a dick to the sky kings by making them deal with a constant locked tone the whole time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was flying around in the A-10 in BF4 last night and for some reason had flashbacks to flying the bombers in third person view in 1942, skimming the deck of the carrier in wake island to load up on bombs again. I don't remember much about my childhood but could probably navigate that map with my eyes closed today.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

No wake island?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah looks dope

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I installed and played some BF1 tonight and it turns out that game just might in fact kick rear end.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm trying to think when the last time I would've played BF1 for free was that gave me such a sour taste in my mouth, probably either a free weekend or the beta or something, but I really remembered coming out of that thinking everything felt like a reskinned Battlefront and decidedly not Battlefield. The few rounds I played last night though were completely opposite of that and honestly I was getting mad 1942 vibes what with the weird guns and germans yelling. I still think I might prefer BF4 -- the attachments and unlocks in the modern setting are more interesting and varied which does not a good game make, but does help me stick with a game longer for sure.

Oh also the sound in BF1, as expected, is loving unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo that guy flying in out of nowhere is just the best