Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Infidelicious posted:

I thought gamepass got in today?

It's giving me this bullshit QR code.

Same. Just getting the QR code message. I'm assuming it's typical launch instability stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I'm guessing having "EA Play with Game Pass" doesn't count as being an active EA Play subscriber because that's apparently not good enough to let me play. (but it is good enough to let me waste 20GB of data downloading it)

Oh well. Maybe I'll pre-order and cancel through steam

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ashrik posted:

I know the release version is more advanced than the beta we're playing but

This feels so janky. The UI needs so much love.

So you're saying it's Battlefield. Not excusing it (it should be better), but jank is what we should all expect. :dice:

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 6, 2021

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

They just let me play on PC Game Pass. So it seems they were accidentally blocking game pass users and they just lifted the block.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Mr Beens posted:

Westie said in his first video that the devs told him that the Beta build is 2 months old, so release version will have had 3 more months in the oven.

Every single time people say things like this, and every single time the release ends up janky. It's a dice game. do not expect it to be anything resembling polished on release (or ever)

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Played a couple rounds with an RTX 3080 Ti. Got 110 FPS at ultra quality 1440p. Turned it down to High quality, got 110 FPS. Medium, 110 FPS. Didn't try low, but I have a feeling I know how that would've went. Weird.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

95% or more of battlefield players are random pubbies who are just logging on to gently caress around and the games are absolutely designed with them in mind lmao

edit: also bad company 2 was the best battlefield game ever made so i wish this was a more refined version of that

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Oct 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The United States posted:

Battlefield is not balanced for being played with people you know/goons/a clan

Call of Duty is not balanced for lean

there's a reason playing with friends/a dedicated group automatically turns every match into a stomp where your squad is unstoppable. this is very fun to do but also sorta breaks the game.