Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is this UI placeholder? It's loving horrible. Looks like a mobile touchscreen UI that they've slapped on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
A few thoughts:

The guns and nearly everything else don't sound good

It sort of feels like I'm sliding all over the place (honestly not that bad - doesn't feel realistic but it's quick and responsive and arcadey)

The weather effects seem pretty cool

Runs okay-ish at medium at 1440p on a 1080ti, but definitely gets sluggish with big action

Weird graphical artifacts

Generally feels janky and not really ready for release

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It really is hard to overstate just how horrible the UI and general UX is.

This is at 1440p and it honestly feels like I'm playing at 720p. Just huge ugly blocks all over my screen, garish clashing neon writing everywhere, it's so so bad.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cutedge posted:

This game and Halo Infinite have such a similar trajectory that you think they were made by the same dev team. With the fact that Call of Duty Vanguard is a total dumpster fire, it's kind of a shock that some smaller dev doesn't poo poo out a semi competent multiplayer shooter and become the next big thing.

The problem is that there are already a bunch of extremely popular and good multiplayer shooters out there, and people are invested in them and it takes effort to drag them away to your new game for longer than a week. making GBS threads out half-baked franchise entries isn't gonna do it anymore when Apex, Fortnite etc are out there with regular and timely content drops, gameplay formulae that are nailed down and fun, and are generally technically competent.