Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

the one thing I'm annoyed by with BF1 is that some of the weapon unlock requirements aren't doable outside certain game modes that are now unplayed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Also this gets me mad at BF5 because of what they did to parachutes. You couldn’t even survive jumping off that big iron bridge unless you hit water.

what?? thats awful

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

RCarr posted:

When is the EA Playtesting for BF2042? And when will I know if I’ve gotten in or not?

I think if you're able to sign up here then that confirms you are in: https://ea.arcsivr.com/Portal/EA-CTE/default?utm_medium=email

The 4 day one was full when I tried but I think I got in for this weekend

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

imagining 20 bots standing directly on the pointer center and glitching out like a pack of mutalisks

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

anyone know how to get better fps in the beta? changing resolutions and settings barely seems to have an effect

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

its locked at 30fps

okay thats what I figured

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

It's not, some people are experiencing that for some reason but my gameplay yesterday was only 30 FPS in the main menu

any key settings you changed?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

People might be seeing a '30 fps lock' if they have v-sync enabled but can't reach 60 fps.

vsync is off (though I should try forcing that in the nvidia settings as well) and I have a pretty beefy machine so 60fps should be no problem at low settings

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So what time does this unlock?. The early access beta, I mean

I think 12am pacific time tomorrow morning.

I can't preload the beta yet either, bought on GMG for origin but the "try it first" thing doesn't add the beta to my library.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

I had to follow these steps on the origin website (NOT the origin client) so that the beta client would show up in the origin client game library for pre-loading, separate from the release version

this worked for me too, thanks

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Huge text is fine. Screen-wide strips of red on a 27" monitor is obnoxious. But your squad mates' names in the bottom left does not need to be as loud as it is. Huge bright cyan weapon icons and a thicc health bar also in neon green in the bottom right. Not really sure we need a permanent, cyan reminder next to your ammo counter that if you hold down T you can customize your weapon, either.

Like when everything is gently caress-your-eyes bright they're all shouting "Look at me!" equally loud so it's just confusing what's worth paying attention to and what isn't. It's textbook "how not to design a UI"

it's very weird, the BF1 UI seemed fine to me but they made this one look like crap

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

So can you no longer spot enemies in the same way you could by pressing q in battlefield 1? I never played battlefield 4 but I really liked that mechanic because if you were outranged on all your weapons you could still be useful.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I don't really like this map at night time but otherwise am having fun

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

can you unlock more weapons?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

yeah its like they took a decent map and then made it 50% bigger by putting empty space between all the control points

e: the tornado thing is pretty loving sick though

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

just let me press the map button and I would be 5x happier

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

during the beta it seemed like my fps was CPU limited on a 5800x, I hope it's better in the release because bf1 and bfv both had great fps for me

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

How do I spot things in this game?

I don't think you can do that as generic infantry anymore, you need to be using some gadget like a recon drone

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 12, 2021

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

What's the deal with the XP cap, is that just a portal thing?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

might help some people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtvJtdEOUf8

tl;dr in video description

looking at the fps counter in game, my fps seems cpu bound even though I'm on a 5800x. Anyone know what settings will help with cpu performance if any?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

codo27 posted:

Whats the verdict after the weekend?

Still having fun, grinding weapon attachments is a little tedious but otherwise there's still a lot to explore with the different classes, not to mention Portal

At the moment though I think there are a few of the conquest maps that I just hate. BF 4 and 1 have those too but with no server browser and long times to get added to a squad, it's hard to get into a game as quickly as I'd like

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Also lol that you can't play multiple games in a row and instead are punted back to the matchmaker to get stuck with a different random group of people. Seriously what a loving joke.

oh yeah this too. makes no sense

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

There are a few attachment unlocks that bots count for, usually a couple sights at 5 kills and 20 kills. But all of the mastery unlocks beyond that require actual player kills.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

Just unlocked the auto shotgun :allears:

I want this one so much, also the 50 round mag on the SCAR would make that worth picking but it takes like 280 kills

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

has anyone found use for the level action? just seems like a sniper with slightly better rate of fire, but the SVT does that even better as far as I can tell

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I think it's the janky stuff that's keeping my playing at this point

one smg better than all other midrange guns? sure why not

tiny un-hittable drones stacked with c5 that explode on vehicle contact? that's funny

hover vehicles driving vertically up wall? hell yeah

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

unzin posted:

It gets a long barrel attachment at around lvl 33 :blastu:

player level 33? I see the attachment at 240 kills

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

the K30 also looks to be even stronger than the pp29 but you have to unlock it first

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

when they fix this stuff the game is going to get less fun

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

afkmacro posted:

Also there's a bug with changing loadouts with angel's box that lets you get as many rounds that your previous weapon had

lol excellent

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

To get as much XP as possible while playing normally I've just been chucking proximity detectors at choke points, is there anything else I can really do?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I've found myself using the insertion beacon over other gadgets recently just because the spawns are so unreliable. And if you can get behind the enemy lines on breakthrough it's way more fun that way.

Sundance and beacon is probably my favorite combo right now. You can put the beacon on the absolute best high point to glide from and go wherever you want.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I think the ice map is the best by far, it's actually amazing how much better the game plays on a map that isn't just tons of completely flat terrain between a few buildings

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I really like the SFAR with the extended high power mag, feels just as good to me as the other ARs

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

the christmas skins are hilarious

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I like breakthrough mode. generally I can stay outside the meatgrinder areas or get behind enemy lines with an insertion beacon and still be effective, especially with Sundance

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

whats funny is that the game has so many more obvious and unpleasant problems than the granularity of the scoreboard. trying to debate everyone about that issue is pathetic

the bug where you cant aim down sights after exiting a vehicle seems to be happening to me more often this patch which is super frustrating

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

UnknownTarget posted:

Just wondering but is anyone else having difficulty staying alive for more than 30 seconds as infantry, or doing any damage to infantry with the tank?

Like I'm not a super awesome player but it feels like I am just losing every gunfight and when I try to go for splash damage on infantry I never get it unless I basically hit their feet.

At least in BF4 I could win a couple engagements and stay alive but this game just feels like a constant curb stomp.

Anyone else or do I just suck?

Also I miss the scoreboard because it's what got me into doing non killing things like support roles. :( Being at the top of the match because I was a health and repair mule who capped objectives was great.

as infantry what weapon are you using and who are you dying to? also are you playing conquest or breakthrough?

I've found its not too hard to stay alive as long as you generally know where the front lines are don't overextend

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The SVK is good if you like staying at longer ranges, it's a two shot kill at any range

For assault rifles, I really like the SFAR with hi power ammo (especially when you get the drum mag). it's a flat 22 damage at any range and i can get surprisingly long range kills with it. try holding down the fire for just 2 or 3 shots, the SFAR doesn't have as much recoil as the AK with similar ammo.

Another option if you arent great with recoil is the LCMG. you can equip some stabilizing gadgets and just hold down the fire button

Also I think these numbers are still current: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pws404QjgClNh41dfM4dtDmfMXoba3Pv7GP6QaBoLfs/edit#gid=0

For slow vehicles you need to be really careful to have an escape route behind cover otherwise you can get blown up easy. also a c5 drone can just delete you unless a teammate shoots it down (i unironically love that this is still in btw)

You may want to try the hovercraft with the grenade launcher primary, its good for getting in and out quickly. until you unlock the bolte

e: i forgot the most important part, i think breakthrough is much better than conquest for knowing where the enemy is. yes the central points are meat grinders but you dont have to waltz into them

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Krogort posted:

It's odd, the SCAR 50 rounds drum mag is the "high power" ammo and not the standard or close range ammo like on most other guns.
I'm not convinced that's a good thing because the recoil is serious.

i don't mind it, with the vertical muzzle break i get pretty good accuracy