Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I hope the game has guns

e: and vehicles, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
My hot take as someone who has played thousands of hours of battlefield since codename eagle:

it looks pretty cool

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Popete posted:

Without a campaign mode how will I have context for why hundreds of people are fighting on top of a skyscraper?

battlefield 2 delivered all its exposition through loading screen text and it was more than enough

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1402664545525669893

oh thank dog that they are keeping politics out of my video entertainment games

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

moot the hopple posted:

So yeah, :dice: has already proven they can make having a gunner a detriment.

bf4 autospotted you on the map when you opened fire, so if you were in a tank, having a pubbie gunner was almost always a problem since every single one of them constantly fired at nothing and especially passing jets and choppers, bringing you all kinds of unwanted attention and swift death

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Kibayasu posted:

As if people cared about any of the battles in WWI. I don’t think the battles the maps were based on had much if anything to do with the overall impression of BF5.

Yeah, making a good map has precious little to do with how historically significant the backdrop is. No-one would have been any more impressed with the inclusion of the battle of the bulge or iwo jima or el alamein or whatever if the map blew chunks anyway

If anything it should be easier to make a good map in terms of pure gameplay if people have no preconceived notions about the location. Narvik sucked because of awful map design by DICE, not because it was a battle that almost no-one had heard about

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Considering the skyscraper levolution collapse on shanghai crashed the game for most people, its a wonder bf4 managed to retain any people at all

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Played my first few rounds of bf4 in forever and it's still as easy as it was in 1999 or whenever it was new

Was surprised to see that I had the QBU-88 equipped for all the classes, but it is still a beast for every range and using it was like coming home. Hope the DMRs in nubf feel half as good, because none in bf5 really did.

The two shot kill SLRs in bf5, like the selbie and ZH are really powerful but you can't spam them at long distances like you can my special bullpuppy boy

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
$30?

thats cute

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Wasn't the fast pass stuff introduced fairly late in the game's lifecycle?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

codo27 posted:

Anyone still playing cs obviously suffers from severe dementia and should be exploited as such

actually CS has been the best shooter series on the market since 1.1 and has produced some of the finest pixel hunters to ruin games for everyone else for more than two decades now

Sab669 posted:

It could be the EXP was still tuned towards eventually selling them.

you could very well be right, but remember the old adage "don't attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by :dice:"

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I did some googling and the first date i can find for the weapons packs is about five months after release, so a whole lot earlier than i thought

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Inspector Hound posted:

Did CS Source die or become the standard? When I quit it was still very different in some ways

Source was pretty half-baked and never really took off, so professional play mostly continued in 1.6 until the eventual release of cs:go dragged the pro scene kicking and screaming into the present day. CSGO also finally introduced built in matchmaking so it was really a no-brainer for everyone else to make the switch too

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
thermals on infantry ruled hard back when you could use it to see through smoke

Used to throw a smoke at my feet to engage one way invisibility screens in the middle of the open

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
the best thing about going back to bf4 right now is all the fresh meat :unsmigghh:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also I'm lol'ing at all the "look at my amazing K/D" posts and you know it's probably because they were in an attack chopper all game :allears:

It's funny how one can tell that from the K/D alone in most cases.

battlefield has exceptionally few good players and some of us are just ok at shootmans :c00lbutt:

I actually haven't been in a flying vehicle since 2016 but now that you mention it, maybe i ought to dust off my joystick and see if I still know how to fly the jets and littlebird

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Sab669 posted:

Dunno how you all find these games so easy :v:
~ Nearly 60 hours in Bad Company 2 and then like 2 dozen hours across 3, 4, and 1 and

Because we're nolife losers with like 600 hours per game instead of 60

I'm also broken brained enough to probably have close to something like 10k hours in various cs games over the last decade and a half, so you learn a thing or two about fine muscle coordination and fps best practices

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
There's occasionally 300 ping aimgods with names like □□□□□□□□□ in bf5, but generally speaking the casual and mostly dead nature of the games keeps most of the super obvious cheaters away. But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of bfv cheats will work with bf6 with only minor modifications and we'll see quite a few hackers post release for however long the game is hot poo poo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

jisforjosh posted:

This thread: *players going 80+ and 1 in tanks/LAVs*

Me: *constantly running into Silk tier or better pilots*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAp6q1lo-1A

That's some really good flying. Actually tried a jet for the first time in forever yesterday and it did not go like that video lol

I really miss my old logitech extreme 3d pro stick, because trying to fly with a hotas in a bf game is both incredibly overkill, and really unintuitive when half the buttons are on a throttle component that you really don't want to use for bf jet speed control

Maybe I just gotta suck it up and finally learn to learn how to fly m/kb for bf6 but bleurgh my principles, I'd think I'd rather just not fly

e: got a video from back in the day where i put up a similar kpm but with the rocket pods instead of the jdam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTK7Ja7gY-U, strange to see how much freelook I used instead of third person

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 26, 2021

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Maybe it's my settings idk, but I'm really struggling to hear and track individual footsteps in bf4 compared to 1 and V, it seems super muted, like everyone has the slink perk

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
A functioning titan would be such an awesome reveal that DICE would never do it

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Philman posted:

Headshot challenges are very easy with all guns. Just flank some snipers, then get them from behind, they don't even move.

Idk, I really struggled with the "10 objective kill headshots in one life or 20 objective headshots in one round" with the SLRs and I'm not exactly awful at headshots. Some of those final challenges were hard as h*ck

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

repairing from inside the tank

Okay but BF4 and BF3 were both even worse in this regard, though. You didn't need to actively repair from inside or even outside the tank since they auto regen'd health just like infantry does

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
People won't give up medpacks because they're great for self heals when you're doing anti-infantry fighting. Unless the gadgets are insanely good I'll probably run a medpack with every setup that isn't specifically vehicle or anti-vehicle focused.

Destroying vehicles as infantry sounds a lot like someone elses problem imo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Cyks posted:

Wake Island isn’t really that good of a map

A salient point, worth remembering

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

SpartanIvy posted:

Planetside 2 could have been a huge hit if they hadn't dumbed down the gameplay from Planetside 1 and then completely stuffed it full of pay-to-win content.

I liked ps2 but I don't think it could have been a hit with even the best gameplay design decisions possible, given the parameters required in a planetside gsme. Server tech in 2012 was nowhere good enough to support the kind lf fps gameplay and player count they went for- I'm not even sure if we're there yet today.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
RSC is insanely good at close range too. two hit kill with a semi auto is fairly unbeatable

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
riflen give this poor man a new cpu

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ZeusCannon posted:

Not hearing a lot of confidence in the thread atm.

The best thing about a brand new battlefield is that almost everyone will be completely awful for the first couple of months, and anyone with a semblance of fps skill will land a comfortable 3 k/d that you can maintain until the game dies based on that head start alone

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Hot Diggity! posted:

I think it's going to be good and fun

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
BFV was an okay game at the end and I hope 2042 turns out to be an okay game sooner than its predecessor

I haven't touched the beta because I assume we'll be in beta for several months past the release, so what's the rush

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

jisforjosh posted:

Everyone is required to post their BFV and BF1 stats to validate opinions

but don't bother posting your stats if your k/d is lower than 3 btw

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
but for real tho, people who only play in full friend stacks (certainly an optimal, fine way to play) are gonna have inflated stats compared to people who mostly solo and if you actually think their stats have any bearing on the validity of their bf opinions, you're dumb as poo poo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Duck_King posted:

Quit being a bunch of weird Reddit neckbeards about it, jesus.

This is every SA battlefield thread

Welcome :c00lbert:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

well deserved for interrupting a horse honor duel imo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

jisforjosh posted:

Isn't Counterstrike mostly recoil patterns with very small bloom?

yeah, cs is very low bloom with predictable recoil unique to every gun, but I think he's just mixing terms wrt bloom and recoil patterns.

CS is an amazing fps, and part of that is the harsh gunplay mechanics and skill ceiling that comes with it , but despite my love for the One True Game, I really don't think a casual shooter like bf should make much use of preset recoil patterns that isn't just pulling straight down, at most

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I've played for 5 out of my 10 gamepass hours and I think I've landed on the game not being very fun at all in its current state, shame

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
If you're forgetful like me and subbed to ea play to test this garbage out, remember to unsubscribe before you're charged again

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Maybe they will manage to make this a good game sometime before 2023, that'd be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Man, bf1 was so good. We'll never see its like again