Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I heard you were looking for Mafia Professionals? Count me, the very best Mafia player of all time, in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I have once again entered the world of survival horror... good luck!

Greetings Mafia Friendfolk,

How do you do? I'm in great spirits! That first cup of coffee is kicking in and I got new mafs to play.

A glorious day indeed.

##vote gulag

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

b-minus1 posted:

##vote idle amalgam this is a scum post

rude, and unfortunately, wrong.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Kashuno posted:

##vote Idle Amalgam a real vote. This post feels like a breadcrumb you will go back to when you get close to being voted out to be like 'see I hinted at being something right here' and I don't like it

lol a real vote in joke phase over an innocuous greeting.

##vote cashmoneyscumionaire

Easy enough.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

I agree completely, but I’m not sure you’ve played with them enough to know that.

##vote Kashuno

@Somber: I’ve done this exact thing with AC before, your exact feelings on tone, and I was damned wrong. I’m p sure this is townAC. Let’s look elsewhere.

Is this bit specific to meta or do you mean that the game has not gone on long enough for Kashuno to have that type of opinion?

:thunk:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

b-minus1 posted:

“Unfortunately”? What do you mean

As in it is unfortunate that I did not roll scum, my most favorite role of all.

As such... *affixes detective cap, chomps on pipe* ...you get super sleuth, IA. You're welcome. You can hold your applause.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

So you don’t think it’s weird for Kash to call that a town/town interaction like they did?

I think your stance here is the weird one lol

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Bifauxnen posted:

Booo why would you open with this

Because gulag is the sleeper agent among sleep agents, the most inscrutable and secretly sinister. GhoulishDelight might be a better name for them.

(in other words I was having a laugh)

Somberbrero posted:

'coached' is a weird word to describe that kashuno post. Why would kashuno need coaching? Kashuno makes their logic clear, it's not super hard to understand why someone would think AC is town. Like the argument here is that someone who played with AC previously is feeding kashuno insights? Totally silly. I have to conclude AC is town and we are just on completely different pages of entirely separate books.

Mr. Steak posted:

i will not vote binus today

I haven't seen anything from bee that paints them as town lol, what is this?

Bifauxnen posted:

Why would anyone ever post this

Uh oh... Bif and I agree on things :tinfoil:

Bifauxnen posted:

Yawn, every IA post always sounds like a scum post

Rude and wrong lol. Y'all just need to open your third-eye and gaze upon the world with wizard sight like I do.

GulagDolls posted:

this is your final warning

Kill it now before the mind worms spread. Gulag is an ultra-terrestrial AI, change my mind.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I have very few thoughts this early in the game, but this is one: IA always says this. So that chcks a box for me.

lol RWC has me pegged after just like 6 games. drat, time to redefine myself. Time to get my groove back.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote sandwolf

this is where my heart is at if we want to pretend like it's not joke phase still. Where I didn't like the handwave somb/ac look like town for the reason that I don't think it is wise to try and clear players d1, I didn't find it suspicious due to lack of meta which is what sandwolf did. I think anyone can infer town fight feelings regardless of meta affiliation with a player.

I think wolf looked for an easy setup with Kashuno that no one really agreed with.

Kashuno said I think 2 players are town and wolf goes, you're scum because you don't have meta reasons for thinking that, but really everything is predicated on their in thread conversation so I don't see the correlation and it looks like an easy early scum push.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Like this???

##vote tpink

(Also, yeah... wouldn't be too opposed to voting stone cold for the reasons goulash mentioned

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote stone cold

Sorry I've been MIA. Feeling a bit unwell, should be around for the most part.

I'm not feeling rwc, but stone cold seems more likely to be scum to me.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
The reason I want to vote a d1 replacement is because of Jon Joe's jokephase play. It just seemed like he doubled down on reinforcing his town status a little too often and awkwardly.

Jonah Jameson made 19 game posts and 6 of those posts claim he's VT or town, or ask questions about if something is a town behavior, while the others don't actually build towards anything suspicious, but don't contribute anything of worth either.

Replaced by the pixelated beer guzzler, stone cold who for the most part has shown some consistent conviction on a couple players, so that's the only thing giving me pause.

I suppose that's good enough for me for now...

##unvote

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I think Sandwolf is probably still a good bet to be honest, but literally no one else seems to think this.

I'm going to make a hip-fire list: Probably wolf, gulag, hum, stone cold and another from these weird vibes I'm picking up.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
gently caress it, I'll stick to my guns on this one. ##vote stone cold

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote tommu

Also I have nothing to report. I simply existed through the eve. Morning folks.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Oh, fuckery is afoot

##unvote

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
What is the difference between a d1 replacements and n1 replacement? Vote them both out starting with tommu and then going back to stone cold.

Time to look at votes from yesterday I guess.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Mr. Humalong posted:

I hope the scum team poisoned Kash last night.

Kashuno posted:

Nice scum slip

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Votes against RWC
Voodoofly’s vote on RWC is one line about how it’s strange to agree with merk. Merk voted RWC stating “Reads without reason.”

Bee’s vote on RWC has one line about them not trusting bif or inf. The vote on RWC seems bizarre here.

Somber’s vote is just the vote

Hum’s vote is basically a joke.

Meen’s vote is pretty weak, they admit it’s a bandwagon vote. Don’t know if that’s a nod in their favor or against them, but re-reading what they have I’m not so sure:

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The other reason is that not lunching STONE COLD will force scum to nightkill him. If he gets lunched now, the scum could try to take out other town voices instead.
This looks like he absolutely knows stone cold’s alignment which is weird.

Toalpaz’s vote on RWC seems to be one of the most normal.

Gacha’s vote is just a vote, but their surrounding posts make me feel pretty good about them, and their intentions in voting out RWC.

Infi straight up cased RWC and seemed pretty sincere with their opinions surrounding other players as well in a bulk catch up for eyepop stuff.

apostateCourier’s vote on clue seemed like they only wanted to avoid voting stone cold which is bizarre.

Bif’s RWC vote makes me go :thunk: only because she indicates she’s okay voting cold too which seems like maybe she doesn’t care which of the two got voted out, but I could be being paranoid.

Plastic hasn’t pinged me too much, and their vote seemed intent on securing a flip.

Solus has an :eyepop: vote on RWC and their weird catching up is “weird”

Amni’s hammer on RWC which was really a reprimand for Solus seems strange, but I always read Amni as strange so :shrug:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'll do this for the stone cold votes after I get home, but looking at RWC alone I'm most suspicious of Meen, Bif, Amni and Hum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote meen

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

gay for gacha posted:

You are right, I misunderstood that post. Do you still believe he looks Scummy? Why not vote for STONE COLD today instead of tommu by your reasoning?

This is a pretty strong read you have on Stone cold:

What made you cool it on IMM?

You were just saying:

The reason I'm asking is because nothing has happened to sort of clear IMM based on your posts, but instead the opposite happened. You said you could clear IMM if RWC flipped scum and RWC flipped town. But now I'm not seeing you making a case on IMM, which seems like what you would do based on your posts. I'm starting to feel like you are just saying things to appear helpful but they aren't moving the game forward. I had you pegged as a good guy yesterday, and fully expected you to bust in here and start fingering IMM or Stone Cold, but you did neither.

OoOoO, this is a good case. :munch:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##unvote

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Wife's bday today. I'll definitely be voting one of steak or meen today though from what I've seen so far lol.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Quick take - Meen Steak Amni Cold for scum.

##vote steak

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Yeah, I've seen enough to join this wagon. ##vote Rhymes With Clue

One of the poorer votes on RWC in my opinion. Meen had made some dramatic posts that didn't amount to much prior to the vote, and the posts seem wholly unrelated. Unabashed wagon joining.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I feel like Amnistar is better at shaking heat and there's an actual wagon on RWC that could lead to a lunch at this point. In the end, a scum lunch is a scum lunch no matter which scum you get, and a D1 scum lunch is a treat best not wasted on trying to raise a competing wagon without a really good reason

This logic specifically is very bizarre.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

He's said in the past his meta is to hunt scum whether he is town or scum. Assuming that's able to be taken at face value, town's best play is to leave him for last lunch and make sure all the rest of the scum are gone.

This looks like a set up for Meen's weird stance on cold this game day.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Sorry, I'm actually just going to keep contradicting myself in real-time until I've got to get busy again... I mentioned it day 1, I'd probably still vote sandwolf too. Gacha you asked my case for them or to expand on my feelings and it's not much outside of a feeling.

I feel like wolf has had his weak, name-drop, conviction on somber and kash with an alternating third candidate, but yeah I also think the scum team has to be larger than 3 or the non-town factor is larger than 3, but that he specifically is limiting to three with an alternating third candidate makes me feel like the conviction is disingenuous.

I'd also vote for Solus who looks really bad for end of day yesterday.

poo poo, I better just revise the whole list:

Steak for the weird role lol
Meen for a lack of real conviction, and blatant sidling with the wagon simply because it was a wagon.
Sandy not Amni for the above reasoning.
Solus for the end of day play.
Cold is mostly gut feel, I'll not deny it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm at a medieval times. Who's scum and why is it the exact list of people I recently mentioned?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Steak at -3. Do the needful, folks.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

gay for gacha posted:

Can you be Mason scum?

It's not impossible. I've once been the only town in a 3 person masonry with two scum, and I've also been scum in that same type of set up lol.

Also bif was scum.

I can see the case on somber but I feel that ultimately, their comments were innocuous

Somberbrero posted:

i'm just not very confident steak will flip scum. unfortunately this smells like his town game. i couldn't really tell you why because honestly he's been super scummy, but i just don't have that gut feel. i've been able to read steak pretty well previously and i feel like i should trust my instinct here. there's a certain kind of earnestness that shines through in some of his dialog.

Somber parked a vote on steak at the onset of steak's role shenanigans role and the comment was made when it seemed that steak was a guaranteed flip.

Somberbrero posted:

It seemed like a pretty genuine gesture on bif's part to make progress today, I dunno man

This also seemed like a subtle look elsewhere, but innocuous, also would be bold to collude so strongly in thread, but maybe I'm wrong. I could get behind sandwolf pretty easily.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
lol at Sandwolf RBing stone cold twice

##vote sandwolf

I don't buy it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I think it is more likely that stone cold is being honest. I think I picked up on something in what he was saying and I also don't think he should full claim.

Sandwolf, on the other hand, has been a longstanding suspicion of mine thus far this game.

Also the only reason I can think of for him blocking cold twice was if it was advised in scum chat.

My reasoning for that goes back to what I think I picked up on in stone Cold's recent posts

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Granted if stone cold did flip scum, lmao this defense would look absolutely damning for me.

I'll go with the flow of the town, but wolf is my first choice.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I suppose no point in being coy as his feet are to the fire... cold said it only has an effect on some which reads to me as not lethal to town. White blood cell or some poo poo.

Although thinking that through, I guess that does seem more likely to be a lie without relying on set up spec. I do feel like I've seen this role and it makes sense to me to have it in a larger game.

If cena is town, then imo sandwolf has to die, but again preference in this case so I'll stay on that vote for now.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

pleaaaaaaaaaaase dont make me read through your post history stone cold steve austin

This made me LOL

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

GulagDolls posted:

my last post was like 14 hours ago. i understand that as non-humans, you all might not need sleep, but i think even by alien law this wouldn't be a disappearance.

that said the previous ~250 posts looked like trash 2 me

Lmao

I agree with gulag here, tbh.

I can't speak to any night actions or masonries, but if toalpaz isn't confirmed by someone, they look suspicious as all hell.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Infinitum posted:

Oh you mean your vague post where it's all flavour?

This one?

Cause we've got a bunch of flips on the board and their text is a lot more verbose.

Ooo, that's probably some of the most solid stone cold stuff without having to dig through all these posts. That's a good call out.

Not sure what plastic is on about.

I mean, I did say I thought I saw what stone cold was putting down, but even then... he fails to state in one post what his role is and what the mechanics are, which does look kinda bad in hindsight... if everything is on the line, just make it clear what it you were and are doing.

I read SC's posts which is what prompted my initial reluctance, but yeah there is a lot of vagueness involved.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i dont visit anyone. i just exist.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my pm says nothing about scum mafia pgo etc its all flavor. i win when all foreign threats to the body are eliminated. more specificially i filter out any pathogens that visit me, which become overrun with white blood cells and die.

Weird right?

I don't buy it any longer.

##vote stone cold

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Oh poo poo, drat... if that's not a misunderstanding by plastic, then :thunk: is plastic the scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##unvote

I guess I'll think through this some, the vagueness coupled with absolutely thinking he killed Bif is what led to the vote, but seeing as he didn't actually claim it, and other people claimed he claimed it, I'll take some time to re-read after work.