Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

This seems like a terrible idea for my second game of mafia ever but hey, only one way to find out. Jump in and remember to just post.

It’s a great idea

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'm pretty sure that someone named Foodoovly will be joining shortly. Don't question them too much.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Waking up on the tail end of an insane heat wave up here. Then I start watching this and recognize like 90% of the locations and all I can think about is how one of the reasons I wanted to leave LA was to never experience heat like this again. Fail.

Also I hope they at least got free catering from In-N-Out for all that placement in the video. Pretty sure it’s the one in marina del rey just from all the other shooting locations being in Venice or venice adjacent (the road with the palm trees and two story apartments looks like palms or culver city, though, so maybe it’s the Culver City one?)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Kashuno posted:

##vote Idle Amalgam a real vote. This post feels like a breadcrumb you will go back to when you get close to being voted out to be like 'see I hinted at being something right here' and I don't like it

A caffeine addict?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote Sand

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I need to read this again in a few minutes

Want to vote:

apostateCourier posted:

I feel vaguely like we have had this exact conversation before. I'm also painfully aware that I am relatively easy to manipulate. I also remember you being right last time, though.

Gonna have to think on this.

This is the post that made me start this.

apostateCourier posted:

Oh joy you "jokingly" claimed scum, time to laser focus on you until you die, not losing to scum that "jokingly" claimed day one. My vote stays where it is now.

apostateCourier posted:

Blatant fishing? Still voting for gulag but would switch to gacha here if needed for a lunch.

Note: did jump to gacha after some sort of clarification

apostateCourier posted:

I'm not saying it's my strongest read, but I agree with sandwolf that it feels Off.

The multiple references to Sand seem wrong

apostateCourier posted:

It doesn't count as piggybacking if you vote for the person you're discussing the argument of and then explain your stance, imo, re: Sandwolf.

Happy with where my vote is.

Don't Want to vote:

apostateCourier posted:

There's plenty. Since Sandwolf and I have had a conversation very, very similar to this one I need to run that conversation back and see if the logic actually holds. I need to look that one over (if I can find it) and see how I was convinced then to see if I still accept it or not.

Another sand reference, but this is why I had to make a "town" category.

apostateCourier posted:

You, person I am voting for. I demand additional words.

apostateCourier posted:

more words about not you

Note: response to gacha

apostateCourier posted:

an inconsistency is an inconsistency, which is it, too shallow or too detail oriented? Which is it?

apostateCourier posted:

For me you said "shallow but scumhunting, I don't like it, but scumhunting at all is good now" for sandwolf you mentioned specifically that it's day 1, twice, as a reason why you aren't voting for him for a thing you think is anti-town.

These are very different.

These have already been in both the want to vote and not want to vote sections so now they go here:

apostateCourier posted:

This feels like a coached response. It's too on point for someone who hasn't played with me before to come up with on their own. I agree with sandwolf; the typical response is much like somber's, especially without a lot of experience with how my thought processes work. "This is a townie slap fight" is easy content for scum to slap down with confidence.

apostateCourier posted:

Last time the discussion was mostly in a mason doc, and sandwolf was scum. They were being genuine regarding Gulag's shenanigans, but wildly dishonest re: distrusting SNG, who was scum with them. I have no idea if this means anything. Vote remains on gacha.

apostateCourier posted:

Actually yeah saying my scumhunting is shallow then giving sandwolf a d1 pass is... Odd??

This came after the piggybacking and sand post above

apostateCourier posted:

I understand this logic, I think- gacha's statement was scummy but somber's defense of it is moreso, is what you're saying?

Oh I get it, you think somber is scum covering for a townie who looks scummy for town cred if we lunch gfg and they flip town, yeah? Hm, that's possible. Still like my vote where it is, I think they're both scum.

response to merk

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

this game is prolly gonna be a little different since it doesn't have multiple people immediately fakeclaiming as cops and poo poo lol

yet

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

lol whatsup voodoo

Question 1: are you scum?
Question 2: what is your read on AC since it seems like half his posts reference you?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

thanks and noted

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

that is still basically my response to reading over her posts.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Kashuno posted:

##vote Idle Amalgam a real vote. This post feels like a breadcrumb you will go back to when you get close to being voted out to be like 'see I hinted at being something right here' and I don't like it

##vote Kash

This is what I'm quoting but it's probably more for the "somb/apostate" feel like town position, then responding to somber with eh gently caress it this post:

Kashuno posted:

I have never played with AC before I don't think, but I have played several games with Somber and it's a really bizarre callout to specifically say I haven't played games with people considering how many games I've played?? It's also just really questionable as a reason to vote as a like 'this is a player specific meta call I have declared you are making' and feels like you are trying to make a narrative here to get a train rolling on me. Don't like it one bit. ##vote Sandwolf

Joke phase is bad, actually.

My vibe of this conversation d1 is that town players are usually looking for something to latch onto and run with it because it produces a good amount of content. It's also I think harder as scum to fake it this early on when there is less to go off of, so I'm leaning town on somber as a result. AC's responsiveness to the accusations and their overall tone feels like a town response explaining their justification; they're not attempting to push the narrative elsewhere or backpedal but clearly and logically explaining their position in a way that tracks to me.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Voodoo that was one of the weirdest posts I've seen in this game.

It's early I'm sure I'll top it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

My stupid dog still hasn't learned how to walk down stairs. He keeps getting stuck on the top landing because I have the door shut, then starts crying. I've carried him down like three times while reading over this thread.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Kashuno posted:

Id like to respond to this but I don’t actually understand it so

I think your vote on IA was scummy.

I think your defense of calling out Apostate and Somb as town was scummy. Specifically trying to throw around your game count.

I think the vote on Sand for basically agreeing with you but questioning how you got there was scummy.

And if you want to get technical, I think calling somber town because he was trying to "latch onto something" fits into your definition of scum having a hard time faking content day 1.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Jesus I’m old

yes you are

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

The coaches stuff comes up after you voted sand so why would that be a defence to your sand vote and justification or the post I quoted?

Put it another way: I don’t see why you think sand is scum and vote him in that post, and I don’t think you thought he was scum when you voted him as you were more interested in defending your stance on somber and apostate as opposed to making an argument against sand.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

It’s so humid in Boston I can think good

We have had an insane heat wave since Friday. Supposedly the highest temps Vancouver has seen since the 70s. Humid as poo poo too.

I think the weather is just now starting to change. Winds picked up crazy big in the last fifteen minutes, so much so that a couple doors just slammed shut in our house trying to keep this place cool.

Would have been nice if the wind picked up a few hours ago. I just spent two hours running around the city with a heavy rear end bike lock in my backpack as someone thought they saw my stolen bike at an encampment under a bridge overpass. I had zero luck, and also have been on hold to update police for over an hour (I can't do it online because their website is broken).

Basically tonight has sucked punctured with short stabs of pure blissful hope.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

##vote Rhymes With Clue

Reads without reason.

It’s strange agreeing with merk but here I am.

##vote RWC

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Quoting multiple posts on phone sucks but clues responses to toalp are arguably even worse. When asked to back up those scum leanings they basically says townie things that their suspects have done rather than why they found them scum in the first place.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Also did I mention that he disclosed his meta is to hunt scum regardless of whether he is town or scum? This was outside of a game so I'm inclined to test it before I distrust it.

Wait who are we talking about here because I want to laugh at them and then laugh with them that it worked.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

If you are talking about Cena then yeah go get em Cena.

If you are talking about rhymes then I’m unvoting rhymes because nobody deserves to die if they pulled that off.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Talking about Cena/STONE COLD there

Cena really? Bravo man bravo.

Mean: don’t believe anyone when they talk about their own meta. Except me.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I mean normally I wouldn't but last game gave me front-row seats to scum's game when town is largely asleep and I'm not seeing anything that sways me away from my gut impressions.

It's not even like I know for sure Cena's town, stopping at only 3 reads in a game this big is definitely suspicious, but I get the impression the way scum work with each other under the gaze of town may not change as much as people like to think and I saw Amni's scum game last time. The way he interacted with RWC was very similar to how he interacted with some of the other scum in that game at points, and I can't ignore that.

If you think amni is scum vote them.

Im just saying that whatever Cena told you about his meta is hilarious and probably partially true and totally bullshit.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

It’s my first Canada so I’m taking edibles and hiking in the forest for most of it.

I’m fine with RWC. They were asked to say why anyone on that list was scum and proceeded to say why one or two of them were now doing town things. There was a bunch more after that but honestly I haven’t paid that much attention to a lot of the last few pages. I know some of it was in regard to Meen but that response from meen defending relying on Cenas self meta call felt pretty legit so not interested in voting them.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Talked to Amnistar
Made unsubstantiated read list. Which seems to have touched a nerve, is all I can think of.
Made bad post.

When asked to say why your read list was scummy you didn’t comment on half the people and then said why a couple of them were townie.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Rhymes With Clue posted:

For example I did like GulagDolls post about Steak. But what did it do for the game state? It was a clever post but it was all about Steak's meta. Too much bread, not enough meat. A diversion.

Gay for gacha--rolefishing. And some early posts. But I do see progression there so he's off the list. For now.

This

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Also Gay for gacha is off my list now because he's also sus of the player I am also most suspicious of atm which is Jon Joe. All he's said so far is he's town, he's town, oh and he's a bad player, and he's town, but he doesn't know how to look town. Let me know if I missed something significant.

A lot of people haven't said anything, but they've done it in a lot fewer posts.

And this

We’re your responses to why do you find five people scummy

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Reading it again I guess you do call Jon joe scum while calling Garcha town.

RWC who should I vote if I don’t vote you?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also as you didn’t say anything about them then why were taste and somber scum? Still think they are scum?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

rwc reads like they simply dont have the energy to argue against multiple players. alignment neutral, obviously, but still

If I was in person with you I’d loving glare at you so hard for saying this. Now that we can talk about Kong.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Also as you didn’t say anything about them then why were taste and somber scum? Still think they are scum?

This was to you RWC as it popped up on a new page

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

t a s t e posted:

It’s now 2:19

What is the future like? Should I short frozen orange juice concentrate?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Who else can you get 12 votes on? I don't see anybody except Stone Cold and there's enough opposed to not voting him that I don't think that will go. For tomorrow I would suggest IMM because something pinged me about his posts. Obviousy not the thing I focused on that everybody found so so scummy. I actually have more town reads than scum at this point, but look at the wagon and how it got there.

(Also I am sitting in cold rainy Colorado envying your heat. Please send it back. This is not the right late June weather here.)

Heat is gone for now. Thank god you can have it back. I’d also take your cold rain just to be friendly and because it means way less people out and about.

We can swing a vote onto anyone. I don’t think meen is scum. His response to me about Cena and the meta felt extremely honest and I’m pretty loathe to vote a new (or new to me) player day 1.

Cena replaced in not voting him today either. I’m neutral on his posts and while I think your points on JJ have merit I don’t really find them that scummy.

Thoughts on taste or somber? Anyone else?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

STONE COLD 64 posted:

everyone should just vote plastic imo

Plastic is new right? Probably not doing that if true.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I’m gonna find you on insta Cena and I’m gonna like every post you make

This might be more scummy than the use of “whanna”

Liking old posts is for creepers, bots, sex traps, and tattoo artists who I guess want you to follow them because oh boy do tattoo artists like to randomly like five of your old posts in a row sometimes for no other apparent reason.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Wait who made the “I’m not unvoting that’s a promise” claim?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Meen, I think, though it was some mix of performance and frustration.

Oh cool it wasn’t RWC.

Hmmm.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I like how you make a subtle defence of lists via shading merk to defend your own list of possible scum. That’s a pro move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

drat Brit deadlines I totally thought it was this evening not 3 hours from now.