Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Groovelord Neato posted:

Kinda stupid this game isn't out tbh
they need another month to finish the poison swamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Vintersorg posted:

I don't see it. I see Seath the Scaleless tho.

The final boss appearing in front of the moon with its”tentacles” (tails) is very visually similar to the Moon Presence doing the same

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh! It's been a while since i've gotten far in BB (just restarted it on PS5 last night).

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
yall see that new elden ring https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1465712350732775438?s=20

i hope that's the overworld music in certain areas that aren't Limgrave, or if it changes up when significant events happen, etc. because it's nice and also just better than the music in Limgrave.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow look at the giants off in the hills

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am gonna take a week off work after release.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Cowcaster posted:

in the first shot on the very left? i'm having a hard time making anything out because of the compression and artifacts. There's some interesting looking transparent like banners or rope or something and there's that volcanic looking area with the spikes again.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That seems like a very unsafe spot to sit and meditate, I hope that thin stone slab holds his weight

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bop bop perano posted:

in the first shot on the very left? i'm having a hard time making anything out because of the compression and artifacts. There's some interesting looking transparent like banners or rope or something and there's that volcanic looking area with the spikes again.

It is a Don Quixote joke.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

deep dish peat moss posted:

You're a sentient mech who keeps getting re-built every time you die and it's excruciating and you have to go extenguish the fires in the forges of whatever manufacturing hell makes and repairs mechs so that you can die a peaceful and permanent death

Just rip off The Silent Line. It's essentially the same plot. You're a hotshot Raven sent to investigate the silent line and oh poo poo you're all tarnished and part of your mech and can't die now. Time to make things a little less nasty and sucky.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

He sitting on a statue penis

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

bop bop perano posted:

yall see that new elden ring https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1465712350732775438?s=20

i hope that's the overworld music in certain areas that aren't Limgrave, or if it changes up when significant events happen, etc. because it's nice and also just better than the music in Limgrave.

god this game looks so pretty, gently caress

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Vintersorg posted:

I did this for Dark Souls and it really let me sink into every bit of that game. Did it with Dark Souls 2 and... well it wasn't as good, but I did platinum it and got to see all the cool stuff. I planned to do it for Elden Ring except this is the future now and release dates are literally meaningless. Halfway through Feb it'll be delayed to March, then to June, then made an EGS exclusive and slated for September. When it does finally release it'll be unplayable because you have to sign in to your Bamco account in order to play and their systems will be hosed for a month at least.

...I may be a little bitter after years of this crap.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I have also suddenly decided that this game and Fromsoft sucks. Because we need to invent reasons for negativity.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Miyazaki put all those feet pics to good use
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1465847664516370434?s=21

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I invaded you completely nude with a mallet

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Man. Seeing the word "toesies" sure is viscerally unsettling, huh

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah he honestly didn't need to post any of that tbh

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
if you're uncomfortable with Miyazaki's fetishes i have bad news about literally the entirety of Dark Souls

well except for Gwynevere, which was apparently done without his knowledge by the art team and then he couldn't bear to tell them no lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Flint_Paper posted:

Man. Seeing the word "toesies" sure is viscerally unsettling, huh
you should try "peets"

Brandfarlig posted:

I have also suddenly decided that this game and Fromsoft sucks. Because we need to invent reasons for negativity.
shortly after the gameplay reveal, I saw a youtube video with a title like "Why everyone is so NEGATIVE about the Elden Ring trailer" and I've seen a lot of transparent clickbait but that one was pretty blatant

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
my hottest take: i love every single second of the valley of defilement. it's my favorite des stage and i'm sad they never made the poison swamp stages that good again.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Flytrap posted:

my hottest take: i love every single second of the valley of defilement. it's my favorite des stage and i'm sad they never made the poison swamp stages that good again.

Agreed. It's the purest essence of the game's philosophy

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Cowcaster posted:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Demons Souls is utterly perfect. In every single way.

To me.

It is literally the best video game ever made.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like Demon's Souls because the name is horrible to try to say aloud and World Tendency was a cool idea.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

you should try "peets"

We most definitely shouldn't.

Though getting Tarantino involved for their next game might be interesting for the non fetish parts.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

There are no bare feet in Elden Ring :colbert:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Brandfarlig posted:

Though getting Tarantino involved for their next game might be interesting for the non fetish parts.

"Hast thou the courage to travel to the Dead Keep and cure the curse? Hast thou, motherfucker?"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Beach waifu fight confirmed

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Ahh,, hosed up little man

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mailer posted:

I did this for Dark Souls and it really let me sink into every bit of that game. Did it with Dark Souls 2 and... well it wasn't as good, but I did platinum it and got to see all the cool stuff. I planned to do it for Elden Ring except this is the future now and release dates are literally meaningless. Halfway through Feb it'll be delayed to March, then to June, then made an EGS exclusive and slated for September. When it does finally release it'll be unplayable because you have to sign in to your Bamco account in order to play and their systems will be hosed for a month at least.

...I may be a little bitter after years of this crap.

I think Sekiro had the same month delay Elden Ring has (so far).

Nuns with Guns posted:

I like Demon's Souls because the name is horrible to try to say aloud and World Tendency was a cool idea.

Even after all these years it's "Demon Souls" in my head.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

bop bop perano posted:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can't wait for 3/4's of my HP to go down with bleeds getting rat hosed by assassins.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think Sekiro had the same month delay Elden Ring has (so far).

Even after all these years it's "Demon Souls" in my head.

If I try and say it out loud it becomes Demonnnnsouls. Language a gently caress

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

I know there are normal people replaying FROM games to get into the mood for ERing, but... I'm replaying Dragons Dogma and it's feeling about right

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

There are no bare feet in Elden Ring :colbert:

There are bear feet

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I'm loving the DeS remake right now. It's nice to play through the game both understanding the mechanics (world tendency/scaling/what stats do and how to make a build) and yet having been so long I don't really remember the levels/bosses.

Also fun to clown on some of the earlier stages remembering just how grueling it was getting through them the first time, yet still get hosed up quick if I get cocky/sloppy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I think my first ER character is going to be Jonathan Joestar

* I can main fists and be a swole boi
* I can carry around a sword of Luck and Pluck for dramatic moments
* I might be able to use certain spells/weapon arts/infusions if they fit a hamon-like aesthetic
* I can be a gentleman