Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Don't you dare go tarnished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I didn't mind getting no news about this game besides a bunch of speculation that and grainy video and then boom From/Bandai just drop this poo poo.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Jokes aside about GRRM actually finishing the GoT books, he is a pretty brilliant writer and world builder. Teamed up with Mr. Miyazaki couldn't get much better.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I started loving Fromsoft because they're like a company that makes really spicy food and people that love it can't get enough and they refuse the make it less spicy for the weak folks.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Most side quests don’t even matter in From games

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I was wondering why the PC versions were on sale so early.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
West Coast goon finally getting to play it, only played about 2 hours of Forbidden West, going on a temporary pause for this, I got more excited as the reviews came out.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I killed some ugly but pretty tough mofo in an early cave?

And this jerkoff shows up on a horse at night

Game is great, doesn't seem like I do much damage this early, in some ways it's easier than early games but harder too because there seems to be way more enemy variety and there some learning to do. Plenty of the bonfire/grace things around which is nice so far.

Wish I had a bit more time. Also I don't know where the hell to go, part of the fun.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
fighting the Margot for like an hour and got close a few times but he is a real rear end in a top hat and I cant figure out how to dodge his 2nd phase flurries.

I should probably come back to it.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Amazingly after banging my head for over an hour late last night trying to beat Magrit , ended up failing over and over, ended up beating him on the very first try after getting home from work today, only used the wolves. I feel like this is pretty common in Fromsoft games in where you just need some time off if you feel like you hit a wall.

Game owns.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I really love how plentiful the checkpoints seem to be early on at least, the little mini progresses you can make if you can only play a little at a time.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Guillermus posted:

What the hell is wrong with the east side of the map? Why did I go there to explore? Why there are so many loving HUGE dragons? What the gently caress
l

I explored there today, if you go towards the end there are some little dudes easy enough to kill and yield like 1000 runes each.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

codo27 posted:

Once again, the game is jus needlessly loving cheap. Every time I sit down I always give misbegotten & crucible a try at some point during the session. Cleared out magic castle and decided to head back there to give it a try again before I have to go out. Put on a loving clinic and demolish misbegotten, and begin crucible with multiple parries and for the first time reveal his magic tail phase. Fine. I'm getting him down towards 1/4 and then he decides to break out the stamp fuckery twice in about 5 seconds, killing me as I'm unable to escape. I know I should have rolled in a different direction or something (or just jumped?) but it comes pretty quickly and twice in such quick succession is the kinda thing I dont think you'd ever see in any previous FROM games.

I thought I was going to get the festival as jar man had told me that he was going to it when I last saw him, but I guess something else has to trigger it

I used that little platform on the left, it’ll keep you protected if you stay back on it. Perform a Jump attack when the knight jumps up, then roll away quickly, it’s slow but it worked after banging my head on it for hours.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

PneumonicBook posted:

Holy poo poo blasphemous blade is broken. Killed the secret hard boss in like 5 attempts with it, it does so much poise damage, just constantly staggering that particular boss.

Malenia? I'm having a super hard time with it using the Ghiza Wheel, I might have to try the blasphemous blade. Although i'm trying to be super cool and use the parrying technique against the boss to some success but ultimately a few attacks wreck me.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I can only get Melania to about 1/2 hp in her first phase if that is any consolation. have yet to see the second. I think I have most of the parry timings down at least, there are just so many variations on what she can do I end up taking a cheap shot and i'm dead. I end up trying to parry her kick and that kills my stamina and im' dead meat. i'm trying to do it the harderish way by not summoning anything

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Closest i've gotten so far, yay /progress

I swear I think I get the parry timings down and take one in the face. I really need to get good already. Probably just need to be well rested as opposed to trying to beat it into the late evening after a 10-12 hour work day.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
What a battle that was, using mostly parries and no summons and just learning and learning and finally beating it. I think I need to play an easy game for the rest of the night.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I just tried to help some randos on Malenia it's a lot harder it seems since lag is kind of a factor, my parries weren't really registering. It seems like it's a personal battle now.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Malenia is probably the best boss fight From has done since ISS/Gael, shes pretty quick and punishes you badly for mistiming any dodges. Learning her parry timings was tough but so rewarding after getting her locked down.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I used a brass shield which has decent guard rating and isn't as heavy as a tower shield and put golden parry ash on it, basically makes it as a good as a buckler for parrying but it also has 100 block for eating the first waterfowl dance, the 2nd and 3rd attacks can be dodged relatively easily.

Malenia still took me nearly a week but it was so rewarding beating her straight up.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

bike tory posted:

Any advice for Fire Giant phase 2? Should I be attacking the stump? His head? Hands?

Get on horse, always stay behind him as much as possible and attack when you're behind him, he mostly can't hit you, when he rolls around just keep following his backside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I generally hate foggy areas in games so parts of mountaintops were annoying for that reason.