Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I played Traveller from the Black Box edition circa 1982/3, and reading the OP was a real nostalgia flashback; thanks! It's really interesting to see the setting backstory and alien races described in detail, because IIRC, in the original LBBs, they just... weren't. There are references to the Imperium and mention of the Zhodani and the other races, but there's no D&D-style setting book - you're left to infer an awful lot, so one GM's Imperium is probably very different from another's.

The relative lack of sci-fi weapons and gadgets probably led to my not playing it that much (compared to reading the adventures and ship plans); I was into Stars War and Trek, and wanted ray guns and rapid warping to strange new worlds, not weeks on end cooped up in tiny cabins. No phasers? No blasters? Just regular bullet-firing guns? Boring! Of course, this was just a few years before Aliens...

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jun 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU