Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

Finally had some time to read through all the updates, so my thoughts thus far:

• I've never really gotten the logic of going by codenames in these games. This person already kidnapped you from your daily lives; at best they picked you randomly, and at worst you were targeted, but either way it's not likely knowing your name/identity gives them much more leverage than they already have. Usually it seems like it's there to help the mastermind more often than not.
  • While A is clearly untrustworthy af and is coming across as this game's Dio, I'm tempted to believe him re: E's headset. Even if I suspended disbelief regarding 3D printing eyes/ears and reconnecting the various nerves in order to make those functional again, what would the odds be of the process finally finishing right as they're about to escape? Seems too convenient...
  • I think it's pretty obvious that in the routes in which Ray gets a gun, he gets it by pilfering it from A's bag.
  • Not sure what to make of the Jasmine-wig situation. Clearly it makes Simon more suspicious of her, but it feels more like a red herring more than anything.
  • Similarly, H's fake-head is strange. Is that an indication that we may have a fake H (or fake twin in general) around, so 3 look-alikes? That'd certainly be one way of "hiding" a 9th person. Or is the H we know a robot of some sort? That would make G more suspicious by proxy.
  • Given the ending we last saw, I'm guessing the lock it relates to requires knowledge that the sensors are reacting to the collars in particular? That would explain why Marco and Simon died (since Marco still had Jasmine's collar, iirc), and it fits with how Simon got revenge on A with E's body/collar in an earlier end. Though that info seems like it'd only be useful when people are already dead....
  • Based on E's random info from the first end and Simon's random thought in the apocalypse end, so far we have _ _ L Y _ , which Simon says is "close to a word, but not a word". Presumably this is a password we'll need for a later route, using Simon's amazing ability to remember things once decapitated?

Definitely interested to see where this goes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

I don't think trusting people with info has worked out super well so far, so let's gather more info first.

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

Quackles posted:

Wait.

A five letter global password, and so far we have I-L-Y?

I think I have a theory about what the full password is going to be. EMILY

EDIT: Or SMILEY, but that'd require an extra letter and is kinda boring.

Technically, it specified that the letters are in the order _ I L Y _, but if we have to anagram it in the end, your guesses are where my mind was headed.

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

Is the "one who doesn't belong" signaling that there's one actual human amongst the robots? Seems like if so, it'd have to be E, G, or A, at this point.

Quackles posted:

Whoops! :v:

But yeah, this is getting increasingly wack. Professor Layton levels of wack.

The question is, is the code EMILY or SMILEY? Or something else?

Simon has said a few times that it was 5 letters, and while we've been told they're in the order E I L Y M, I can only assume the code is meant to be EMILY. Smiley being an anagram of Emily with an additional S is likely very relevant, though...