Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
If anyone ever addresses me as sir and I want to keep it classy I'll call them sir right back, with the same voice inflection, while staring directly at them, if he's hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I HAVE AN UPDATE

if I知 in a situation where I知 at a restaurant or store and the worker calls me sir or ma誕m as if I知 somehow to be catered to I will toss it back at them with the same tone to indicate we are the same you and I

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
My employee calls me sir but I'm 99% sure she's making fun of me.

I mean, it's supposed to signify respect but if I tell her to wash my car she'll tell me to gently caress off so idk.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

N. Senada posted:

I HAVE AN UPDATE

if I知 in a situation where I知 at a restaurant or store and the worker calls me sir or ma誕m as if I知 somehow to be catered to I will toss it back at them with the same tone to indicate we are the same you and I

thank you for the update, sir or ma'am

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

I can see how using sir and ma'am may be assuming someone's gender and potentially inappropriate or some classist statement.

But I do tend to use 'mate' and 'friend' a lot and have lost count of the amount of times I've said 'excuse me, mate' only to be told 'I'M NOT YOUR MATE'

I think that people that respond negatively to others attempting to be polite should go choke on a bucket of dicks.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Just address everyone as Buster.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Friendo

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
bub

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ol' chum

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Fellow Sinner

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mack

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

deported to Canada posted:

I can see how using sir and ma'am may be assuming someone's gender and potentially inappropriate or some classist statement.

But I do tend to use 'mate' and 'friend' a lot and have lost count of the amount of times I've said 'excuse me, mate' only to be told 'I'M NOT YOUR MATE'

I think that people that respond negatively to others attempting to be polite should go choke on a bucket of dicks.

Yeah its pretty annoying when strangers call me BOSS or CHIEF or whatever and my mom gets really annoyed at southern women calling her SWEETIE or DARLIN' or HONEY or whatever but...

you can tell if they are attempting to be polite or not. Unless they are explicitly misgendering you or something there is no need to be confrontational about it, especially if it's a one off interaction like a restaurant server or something

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I went to McDonalds once and the cashier kept calling me "my good sir". I didn't like that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ok boomer

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Think I'm going to start my greetings with "To whom it may concern"

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Listen, kid,

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cool your jets, crazy pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

The Bloop posted:

you can tell if they are attempting to be polite or not. Unless they are explicitly misgendering you or something there is no need to be confrontational about it, especially if it's a one off interaction like a restaurant server or something

It's this.

Also, most retail work (at least in the south) will force you to say sir or ma'am, and give you poo poo if you don't do it, so don't be a dick about it.