Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

This game had a hilarious ricochet build at launch where hitting enemies caused ricochet, which were attracted to enemies, which caused more ricochet, etc. You specced into increasing the chances of these things, and the damage of the bullet after every bounce.

In practice it became a case of shooting just one enemy was difficult, and you could really see it because you didn't see bullets bouncing off every surface. But when 2+ enemies were close together you got the machine going, and bounces made bounces which made bounces, and everywhere on the screen these wild rear end ricochets would bloom to the point of big framerate hits.

It owned, and I've never seen another game go so wild on "X feeds into Y, which feeds into X again" talent philosophy, which even Borderlands pussies out on.

I mean, I don't think these Hellgate guys intended it. They nerfed it finally, but very long after launch because they were putting out crash fires. I think I had already churned by the time I read they fixed it.

Anyway that's my Hellgate story. My manager also bought the 150 lifetime pass and we mocked him even before the game came out. Afterwards he refused to talk about it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU