Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Why not have Daley Blind run a coaching/playing double for the next WC, it's not as if it'd change much for our chances.
Honestly I'd rather try a foreign coach, but that seems to be not done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Borsche69 posted:

I've been banging the drum for a foreign coach since after 2014. It's not just player development that has regressed, but different minded coaches immediately get stomped out at every level. Frankly just burn down the KNVB and start over

Exactly, we keep going back to guys who as footballers rightly got praise for being great footballers, but what do they bring to the current Dutch team as a coach that a foreign coach couldn't do better? But when I mention that I just don't understand the dutch football mentality.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Vegetable posted:

Based on player quality, the Dutch are probably no better than Denmark and only marginally better than Czechia. Maybe supporters should just temper their expectations.

But the attractive Dutch football mentality!!!1! What about our greats?!?! Cruijf is actually Jesus!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Dig up Guus Hiddink's corpse again because it has worked in the past /s

For extra lols give him Dick Advocaat as a handler/co-coach.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I knew it was either going to be Advocaat or van Gaal but to be honest I hoped I was wrong. Why go down a road we've walked a million times before and that always ends the same way.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Jose posted:

Presumably everyone else said no

Oof jose. loving oof. Who wouldn't want to train the amazing Dutch Lions? Where are your English lads now even? Probably went home in the group phase.

*takes a biiiiig sip of coffee*

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

They should have gone whole hog and just put Cruijf's casket in the coach seat.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

vyelkin posted:

instead of doing terribly and getting sacked, Van Gaal came third in the 2014 WC and then left to manage Man U, he's probably the best anyone could have hoped for

Oh word? How did he do at Man U?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

blue footed boobie posted:

Pretty good under the circumstances.

The circumstances being that van Gaal was coaching them.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I don't hate van Gaal. I just think he's old, why do we need another old Dutch dude as the coach is all I'm thinking. But it's probably like Jose said, everyone else said no and honestly I don't even know who *would* be a good national coach, because the EC or WC always feels like such a snapshot thing, if you know what I mean...

You have like a few training matches to make these guys into a team that plays according to your vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

It's still hilarious that they had Koeman and he was doing ok and he still noped the gently caress out first chance he could.

Is the KNVB like...actively torturing the coaches or smth?