Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

Rinkles posted:

God drat this mission (Sundown)

closest thing to "all you had to do was follow the drat train" in a while

after nteen tries I almost completed it, but the driver ai got us stuck in a ditch and then drove into a civilian atv blowing us up. I turned down the difficulty to story mode, cause gently caress that.

it may have been easier with better gear, but this the first base's questline, and there's no indication of a difficulty jump (sometimes multiple helicopters spawned).

fwiw, i haven't had a crash since I turned off the ubisoft overlay (I bought it on their store).

If anyone's struggling with this Sundown mission (and I had the same issue, they would get stuck in a ditch and then blow up) I did it thusly:

1. Wait til the truck's just before the ditch (or object in question that it's getting stuck on)
2. Jump out and stand in front of the truck, which should halt it
3. Jump back up on the bonnet/hood, and the truck will creep forward a bit
4. Jump back off and block the truck
5. Repeat very slowly and carefully and cross your fingers and toes.

Buena suerte!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Still slowly working my way through this game and just finished the hotel defence mission and wondering, is it possible to save Jonron? A website says her death is player determined

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Alas, no.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I knew something was up when in the middle of a war the game gave us a fairy tale bonding interlude. They were setting up the knife twist.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Between abandoning this game due to DRM related glitchiness and now, I upgraded my CPU. I wonder if the DRM stopped being a dick meanwhile. I figure that Threadripper, that I had previously, didn't agree with the game.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
As someone who played the Far Cry series since 1, I stopped playing for a few years. I noticed FC5 was on GamePass, gave it a shot, and eventually really, really enjoyed it.

FC6 is currently on sale for 15 bucks, so I spent 5 dollars more and got the deluxe edition. I'm maybe 5 hours into the game and... it's OK? I'll need more time with it, but it's definitely different and a bit of a learning curve.

The only thing that bugs me is how the character's dialogue will sometimes swap between english and spanish within the same sentence. No one I know who doesn't use english as a first language does that. It was irritating when I first heard it and it's really loving irritating now. It's a pretty heavy-handed design decision to try to emphasize location and I hate it.

Edit and I love liberating outposts but I'm playing on easy and still feel like dudes spot me all the loving time. I haven't successfully won an outpost undetected 3 times now without just running and gunning.

Floodixor fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 21, 2023

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I don't know what it is about FC6. But I've spent more time replaying FC5 before the release of the latest iteration, despite FC5's world being more drab and largely the same all over the place. FC6 has more variation, but it kinda bores me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I really liked the FC5 setting/ map. 6’s island is also beautiful, but it’s not quite the same

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Couldn’t get over the forced story missions in 5, they really should’ve patched a toggle in for that. I just wanna get lost in the countryside causing havoc.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Does it have a new game+, like in FC3 where you could reset all the outposts and then just roam around at will?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I really liked 4 and New Dawn’s outpost replay

Still working on 6’s narrative campaign, it might have one?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i played about halfway through 6 and while it was kind of ok and certainly an improvement over 5, it just got really boring and repetitive.

these days whenever i feel the urge to stealthily take out a base or gently caress around in an ubisoft-style open world game i just go back to ghost recon: wildlands. there's really little that fc6 does that it doesnt do better.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Just popping in to say how much I hate Special Operations, especially the Cocodrilo map. I’ve never been so lost in a video game before, and having a beeping bomb just makes it worse.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zwille posted:

Couldn’t get over the forced story missions in 5, they really should’ve patched a toggle in for that. I just wanna get lost in the countryside causing havoc.

this. i genuinly liked alot of that game outside some of the writing and the ending but that bullshit just sucks you right out of it.

Professor Shark posted:

I really liked 4 and New Dawn’s outpost replay

Still working on 6’s narrative campaign, it might have one?

it does sorta.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Source code for Far Cry 1 was leaked.

https://twitter.com/VinciusMedeiro6/status/1674890139879845888

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Second Echelon up at Lola’s this week. I use the MP7 a lot- is it worth picking it up?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Well I just finished the game. It took me a while (over a year and a half, I think?) because I wanted to get 100% on everything, like I did with all the other FC’s. I was pretty annoyed by the ending and felt that they could have gone in a better direction, but overall I really enjoyed Yara.

Here’s hoping 7 (or an in between game?) will be coming soon.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Well I just finished the game. It took me a while (over a year and a half, I think?) because I wanted to get 100% on everything, like I did with all the other FC’s. I was pretty annoyed by the ending and felt that they could have gone in a better direction, but overall I really enjoyed Yara.

I kinda liked the ending sorta because its sorta more hopeful. it would have been very very easy for them to just be overly cynicle about the revolution and their are defiently moments there but i liked it wasnt 4 about it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just wanted the kid to make it. I thought that after his dad died he’d just go to the States and be happy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

I just wanted the kid to make it. I thought that after his dad died he’d just go to the States and be happy.

yeah, same, but i liked that it showed the dad as just an utterly broken piece of poo poo with tons of unresolved daddy issues too. i think in his own mind he thought freeing the kid from ending up like him when his dad got capped

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Professor Shark posted:

Avatar basically looks like a Far Cry game in licensed PG-13 game form, so there's that. It's an open-world first person shooter with outposts and all that stuff. If nothing else, it looks very pretty.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=difL_diHo2o

skip to three minutes in. super far-cry-esque

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 25, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Avatar basically looks like a Far Cry game in licensed PG-13 game form, so there's that. It's an open-world first person shooter with outposts and all that stuff. If nothing else, it looks very pretty.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=difL_diHo2o

skip to three minutes in. super far-cry-esque

ill probably pick it up when it goes on sale in like january.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You’re right, that definitely looks like a Far Cry game. Thanks!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wtf if any of this is true: https://insider-gaming.com/far-cry-7-story-details/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i suspect parts of it are true and i remember schrier or someone like that talked about how 7 was taking a massive turn from the standared far cry ganes so possibly.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yikes :chloe:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Some of that does sound like the Far Cry 6 DLC, particularly the safehouse save thing. Since they finally fixed the bugs I got 100% achievements for both the base game and all the DLC, and I actually kind of liked the mechanics of the DLC.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Far Cry 7. What the gently caress indeed.

Make a Watch Dogs 3, pretty please. (Legion doesn’t count.)

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I just finished my first replay of Far Cry 2 in a long time, and holy hell does that need a remake. It's the game that set up the rest of the franchise for about two decades now (and many of Ubi's future franchises), and I'd like to see them revisit it in some way instead of working on FC7 or whatever. It's a solid core - fun to drive around the African landscape and do dirty jobs while looking for diamonds - but they really need to rework the constantly repopulating guard posts and ruthless enemy AI. Seriously, that crap was annoying as hell. That'll be the last time I play it, though. Very rose-tinted glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Yes, I would 100% buy a remake/update of FC2. Making it so that your choice of which mission you do for which faction has an ongoing impact on the story rather than the original's "do them all, it makes no difference" or FC4's "one choice decides your mission tree" would be fantastic.

Also make it so that you can burn everything and the trains work, please.