Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok this is the first far cry thread I could find so I gotta ask, why does the gun play seem so anemic?

I just started FC5 and the guns just don’t feel like they have any weight to them. I guess that’s the best way to explain it.

The game seems ok so far but I’m just not feeling the gun play. Does it get better?

I only paid like $5 for the game with FC3 so it’s not a huge loss if I bounce out.

Also the game should be running at 60 FPS right? It kinda doesn’t feel like it…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well besides sniper rifles (which suck) I haven’t had too many issues. Full auto on an AR generally works quite nicely and also when you acquire things like the M14 or shotguns…especially with Incendiary rounds for the latter.

I will say that the C4 and dynamite explosions are amazing.

It should be 60 FPS on a Xbox with FPS boost checked. The loading now is like 5 seconds and the quote loading screen barely even displays before getting back to the game.

Ok maybe I’ll have to check to see if that’s enabled. Maybe it’s not checked by default.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thiccabod posted:

I absolutely love the Far Cry games but please do yourself a favor and skip the DLC for 5. Vietnam is fine but the other two are actively horrible.

I thought the Mars one was good?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m really enjoying FC5 on the series X so far but I had to turn off FPS boost. It just makes the game too ugly IMO.

I’m not even following the “story” I’m just running around blowing poo poo up and killing dudes. I did just get a dog which is cool.

I’m sure I’ll burn out eventually but I only paid $5 for this so I feel like I’ve gotten my monies worth.

I have a sweet sniper rifle with a suppressor and pick dickheads off at range.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nemesis_hub posted:

I haven’t played *any* of the Far Cry games, and the summer Steam sale seems like a good opportunity. Which games in the series are essential for a newcomer?

FC3 absolutely.

Pretty sure you can get 5 and 3 as a combo pack for cheap and I’d do that.

Edit ok it’s not as cheap as it was on the Xbox but I think for $17.99 you get some great far cry.

If you only want to spend 3.99 get 3.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 27, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So apparently I have 60+ hours in FC3 and I’ve completed 68% of the total game.

My last save was from 2014 and I legit forgot about that. Thank god for the cloud. I’ll give UBIsoft credit for that at least ( or maybe it’s steam).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

big stream for FC6 just aired:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3L38LvnQaM

looks like a far cry game

i'm mostly looking forward to turning 90% of the hud off

This guys video is pretty good too.

https://youtu.be/Mt-lPghqB_o

TLDR it’s more far cry but that’s not a bad thing.

Looks like fun to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m a big FC fan but I dunno I think I’m gonna wait for a sale for this one.

None of the reviews have really made me say I really need to play this.