Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

I still loved 4 the best for the locale and the excellent weaponry. I was disappointed with FC5's weapons and the upgrade/earning system which was a huge downgrade to all of FC4's achievements and fun ridiculous guns you could get. Also a way flatter map with less chances to use wingsuits and poo poo, although the vehicles/buddy systems were very fun. Did FC6 mention anything about a return to the buddy system from FC5?

Apparently only animal companions will be available in 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I've haven't done Special Ops either but it sounds like co-op is recommended for that.

The base difficulty for spec ops is pretty easy for single-player. You do unlock higher difficulty tiers where co-op is recommended, but you can just grind the easier difficulties if you want to go solo.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Are the food buffs bugged? The timer seems to just reset itself instead of expiring.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'll have to try to resist abusing the buff stacking bug since the game is easy enough as it is. I'm happy with just having the extra gadgets but it sounds like I may also have the defense buff on from earlier.

Speaking of bugs, the NPC who hosts the cock fights seems to have disappeared from my game. Perhaps PETA took him out. I don't really care as I already have the trophy and probably would never have touched it again anyway.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

You only get these if you opt into marketing e-mails but people gotta rage about something I guess.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

This is just a small hotfix. There should be a bigger update in a week or two. This did fix that missing black market weapon issue some people were having.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/FarCrygame/status/1455635326521724930?s=20

They also added trophies for the Vaas DLC so it looks like that's still on track for this month.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I imagine last-gen consoles have something to do with the city limitations. Kind of reminds me of how Fallout 3 had to be laid out.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Payndz posted:

I turned the difficulty down to Story Mode early on because I was constantly getting shredded while needing a dozen bullets to plink down one guy, then forgot I'd done so. Now that I've got the maxed-out Desert Eagle with 5x scope and can capture high-level bases with ease, should I put it back up again, or just enjoy my strolls around not-Cuba with my instant death gun?

The game is pretty easy once you have some decent weapons. You’ll probably be fine putting it back up to normal.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Most of the gear in the moneda shop has been pretty underwhelming but this week there's a really good piece of headgear that lets you tag enemies through walls.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Payndz posted:

I unwittingly triggered the 'go and assassinate Castillo' mission in the city and now can't seem to get out of it. Fast travel is disabled, even if I switch the mission being tracked it doesn't make any difference, and if I try to leave the city I get a 'Mission Failed' message and am dumped back at a city base. Is there any way to get back to aimlessly pissing about doing treasure hunts and liberating checkpoints? (The mission first appeared so relatively early in the game that I'm 100% certain Anton will escape, there will be a Major Plot Twist! and Dani will be betrayed, etc, which I can't be bothered with right now.)

I think there’s an abandon mission option somewhere in one of the menus. If not just knock the difficulty down to story mode.

Having that mission trigger so early was hosed up. Took me a good 7 or 8 tries to muddle through it. It was the only time I had trouble in the game because I had barely any good weapons available. There are so many enemies in the hotel lobby that I was convinced it was an infinite spawn situation and I was missing the true objective somehow.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Vaas DLC was alright. Ordinarily I prefer a stealthy play style which is impossible most of the time here but I had a decent time moving down enemies here. My third run blessed me with some decent gadgets including the health canister and the game kept giving me health/defense related perks to the point where I could pretty much just stand around tanking shots. I can't see myself bothering with trying the other difficulties though. Does anyone know if there's any additional story content for beating the highest difficulty?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Jimbot posted:

Are all the DLCs going to be you playing the villains or will there be story stuff too?

I know they’ve got a few free story missions planned like the Danny Trejo thing but the paid DLC will just be the villain stuff.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Jippa posted:

Is the DLC for fc5 any good?
They're a mixed bag but your enjoyment of each probably depends on what you like about Far Cry. I really only liked Hours of Darkness because I'm big on stealth and exploration. The zombie one was too much of a shooting gallery for my tastes. I don't remember much about Lost on Mars other than I didn't like it enough to bother finishing it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Played through the Pagan Min DLC today. Apart from the new map it's identical to the Vaas DLC. These are fun enough to waste a couple of hours on but definitely not worth the full price of the season pass.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I want to play the Stranger Things mission but I haven't fully caught up on the show. Does it have anything that could be considered a spoiler for season 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

New game+ update just dropped and the Lost Between Worlds expansion releases Dec 6 for 20 bucks.