Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I want female Fyreslayers with big full beards :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Unfortunately, Warhammer female dwarfs are not like Tolkien female dwarfs.

This image is from Soulbound, the official Age of Sigmar TTRPG.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Yeah soulbound also has buff kharadron gal - still no beard

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Could just be that those particular examples happened to shave their faces. The realms are big enough for all fashion statements.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Honestly, if I was living somewhere with a lot of fire, I would probably skip long beard even if that is unthinkable to average dorfs. I remember tho Chronopia had beardless dwarfs and those were disturbing to look at

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Honestly, if I was living somewhere with a lot of fire, I would probably skip long beard even if that is unthinkable to average dorfs. I remember tho Chronopia had beardless dwarfs and those were disturbing to look at

Yeah Chronopia had both beardless and bearded dwarves. Bulky boyz.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I'm playing the pen & paper AOS thing and we're starting in the realm of fire. My DM and I got into an argument because I keep saying the fire realm is stupid because everything is probably on fire all of the time and he keeps telling me there's a huge ecosystem and it's very diverse

Anyways we're 3 sessions in and our settings have been "a forest that's always on fire" and "a cave under the forest that's always on fire"

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm playing the pen & paper AOS thing and we're starting in the realm of fire. My DM and I got into an argument because I keep saying the fire realm is stupid because everything is probably on fire all of the time and he keeps telling me there's a huge ecosystem and it's very diverse

Anyways we're 3 sessions in and our settings have been "a forest that's always on fire" and "a cave under the forest that's always on fire"

Well he is right and you are wrong since the very map of Great Parch shows whole penisula covered in snow. He probably should have decided against sending your team to particualry fiery places tho

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Parch has a pretty wide array of environments, heavily featuring steppe and warm plains and with at least one frozen area, yeah.

But…yes there’s also the forest that is always on fire and the goblin caves under it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
You can only buy Flaming Moe's in Aqshy.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean, everything can be on fire and still be a diverse ecosystem.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

The Deleter posted:

You can only buy Flaming Moe's in Aqshy.

And break your toe?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
AoS realms aren't a 1:1 comparison to DnD's elemental planes. Aqshy isn't the primal source of all fire, it's a place where fire magic is inherently easier to cast and where weird magical fire phenomenon are more common.

Think Eberron's manifest zones.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 14, 2022

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

And break your toe?

Stubbed my toe on the couch and took a Mortal Wound.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
Cross-posting from the mini thread:

Anti-Tachyon posted:

After 8 months and a crippling back injury, I've finally finished a bunch of lizards and a fox thing:

I'm pretty happy with the former but the latter was just really difficult and didn't turn out well imo. I don't like the way the white turned out, and the model is just so big and fiddly with weird hard-to-reach bits that it's impossible to hold and paint comfortably, even with sub assemblies, so I kinda phoned in a lot of the details. Still not very good at mini photography either but I think I'm improving at least.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Lol, exhibit A of 'why no one wants to DM'

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

He obviously should have set it in the metal realm because everything is probably metal all the time. :black101: :rock:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

smug jeebus posted:

Lol, exhibit A of 'why no one wants to DM'

:hmmyes:

Yeah, the players should not be aggressively lovely like in this story. If you don't like the premise, don't play the game?

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
You are not the cool guy in the thread when you start your story with "I kept telling my GM the setting sucks and he didn't kick me out so I won"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

sasha_d3ath posted:

You are not the cool guy in the thread when you start your story with "I kept telling my GM the setting sucks and he didn't kick me out so I won"

I've seen so many tiktok showing this

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

"Hey guys, I'm starting a new campaign in Ulgu, but I told my GM that everything is dark and I can't see poo poo, what gives?"

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
To be fair it sounds like the DM is running the free introductory adventure, which involves an Aqshy airship convoy en route to a major city getting shot down by Chaos over a patch of land that's famously uninhabitable due to always being on fire. It's not exactly a perfect introduction to the setting.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Froghammer posted:

To be fair it sounds like the DM is running the free introductory adventure, which involves an Aqshy airship convoy en route to a major city getting shot down by Chaos over a patch of land that's famously uninhabitable due to always being on fire. It's not exactly a perfect introduction to the setting.

You are not wrong. I used the stuff from the starter set, and my players enjoyed Brightspear a lot. Aspiria as a whole is pretty dope place

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Some changes for Deepkin. Sharks have more wounds and Thralls now have a 2" range:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

A fun fact about the Kindling Forest. It’s not naturally on fire all the time. Like many things in fantasy settings it’s the fault of Wizards. Who summoned Fire Elementals into the forest to set it on fire, then never fixed it, so now it’s basically beyond any ones ability to put out the fire.

Anyway besides the argument are you enjoying the game?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Anybody up for splitting the upcoming battlebox? I want the deepkin half, but it's hard to sell people on the naked fire dwarves :U

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

The Deleter posted:

Anybody up for splitting the upcoming battlebox? I want the deepkin half, but it's hard to sell people on the naked fire dwarves :U

You might have a hard time. People are already entering "ruined forever" mode with theme

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Someone local offered to split the box with me just today, so we're all good now.

The changes to the Thralls are huge. It's easy to buff them and now they can put all their attacks in, which is going to make for some silly numbers. Curious to see if there's any changes to the eels now.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

You might have a hard time. People are already entering "ruined forever" mode with theme

What, why? Points costs? Their changes were mostly buffs.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Mors Rattus posted:

What, why? Points costs? Their changes were mostly buffs.

I think they are talking about how heartguard must be wholly within 9 of character, but that is just consistent with other rules. I mean, this is what I get for reading facebook comments. I've even sat down with the app and compared leaked changes, and from what I see it's fine.

I reckon it's because changes to fyreslayers are mostly sidegrades compared to straighten up buff to thralls and sharks, people have these reactions.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

MonsterEnvy posted:

A fun fact about the Kindling Forest. It’s not naturally on fire all the time. Like many things in fantasy settings it’s the fault of Wizards. Who summoned Fire Elementals into the forest to set it on fire, then never fixed it, so now it’s basically beyond any ones ability to put out the fire.

Anyway besides the argument are you enjoying the game?

Mechanically, I really like the d6 system they came up with. We've got a guy in our group who's literally brand new to RPG's and it's a good way to ease him into playing the game. The low barrier of entry is probably my favorite part of the game

The way you also start out as an rear end-kicker instead of starting off as a soiled fool is also p cool and has made for some p good moments so far.

That being said, I prefer low fantasy stuff, so I'm enjoying the game in spite of the setting

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
What happened to the Daemons of Nurgle and Maggotkin of Nurgle Start Collecting boxes? Have they been phased out in favor of the Vanguard box?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tardigrade posted:

What happened to the Daemons of Nurgle and Maggotkin of Nurgle Start Collecting boxes? Have they been phased out in favor of the Vanguard box?

Probably

Mechanically, I really like the d6 system they came up with. We've got a guy in our group who's literally brand new to RPG's and it's a good way to ease him into playing the game. The low barrier of entry is probably my favorite part of the game

The way you also start out as an rear end-kicker instead of starting off as a soiled fool is also p cool and has made for some p good moments so far.

That being said, I prefer low fantasy stuff, so I'm enjoying the game in spite of the setting

Well glad you are having fun, so I do hope you get more into the setting as the game goes on.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 16, 2022

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think they are talking about how heartguard must be wholly within 9 of character, but that is just consistent with other rules. I mean, this is what I get for reading facebook comments. I've even sat down with the app and compared leaked changes, and from what I see it's fine.

I reckon it's because changes to fyreslayers are mostly sidegrades compared to straighten up buff to thralls and sharks, people have these reactions.

While the loss of the 6+ ward generally is sad, and i guess some folks are mad at rules consistency, it's also irrelevant - the Fyreslayers are so hero-focused that it should really never come up.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Bonereapers getting an update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ossiarchbonereapers/comments/s4v6uw/new_rules_from_latest_white_dwarf/

https://www.goonhammer.com/white-dwarf-472-the-tome-celestial-ossiarch-bonereapers/

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 17, 2022

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Took the last 3 months off. Trying to get back in shape for adepticon did a local event and went 4-1 with thunder lizards.

In other news the battle box seems like a solid deal for order players since you get both factions, if your into that kind of thing.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Finished a Drakespawn I grabbed a while back over the weekend. Sadly no rider for it so I'll have to do something about that at some point.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

Finished a Drakespawn I grabbed a while back over the weekend. Sadly no rider for it so I'll have to do something about that at some point.

Great highlighting on the scales.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Great highlighting on the scales.

Just a case of building up successive drybrushes with lighter colours. I was pleasantly surprised at the end results as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

So I'm almost done with Covens of Blood and boy Namarti have it easy compared to dudes in DoK covens. Also, the level of cultural posturing among these gals is off the charts. I need to get my hands on End of Enlightenment to compare with lumineth.

Overall, the book is decently written(despite having 3 authors they manage to keep the tone somewhat consistent) and surprisingly brutal. However, I find it hard to root for protagonists (with one exception maybe) even compared to most other warhammer books. I recently read Stormvault and while characters have quite a few negative traits, they're still doing trying to do their best and fighting for unambiguously good goals. Here I'm in the mood of "can this people gently caress off and die?".