Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
If your timeline extends out to 2035, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

There’s rumors about the new 40k Avatar of Khaine being usable for AoS but that’s about it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GreenMarine posted:

While reading the Witch Elf codex last night, I notice they talk about Morathi changing all the statues of Khaine to be female in form. There's a concept sketch of this in the book and also very few images of the boob-out medusa. I assume this means a new kit for the cauldron/khaine/medusa is in the works for some point in the future?

I think it's stated the changes are subtle, and new ones are being made in her image, but it has not all happened at once or anything.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Mors Rattus posted:

There’s rumors about the new 40k Avatar of Khaine being usable for AoS but that’s about it.

realizing both versions are on 40mm bases making me reconsider my assumption that they were going to make the new one a big centerpiece model.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Some spooky ghosts and a gladiatrix from LVO

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 28, 2022

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I'm not sure about hunchback crossbowghosts, but that scribe is rad

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Covermeinsunshine posted:

I'm not sure about hunchback crossbowghosts, but that scribe is rad

I like the one pointing and laughing

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

oh hey a ranged death unit

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
The crossbow ghosts are uninspired at best but I don't dislike em

I like the 3 armed death note dude though

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The addition of a ranged unit to Nighthaunt opens up a ton of tactical options even if they’re not great. They’re still flying, incorporeal and have innate ward and can now do dumbass flanking tricks with the main forces.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I was tempted to start collecting a Nighthanut force once I was done wiht my SOulblight Gravelords, but I thought they'd play too similarly. But if they get ranged options....

Also, either way, buying that scribe to paint up.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Love the guy pointing.

I was expecting to see some new battletomes, hopefully we'll see some in the next few weeks.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
is there a list out of there what the square base sizes for models taken from Warhammer Fantasy were? I'm thinking that if I buy any AOS models that were also used in fantasy I'd just base them on their original square base sizes to prepare for when the old world comes out and get some converters to use them in AOS.

Plus I also know some people who want to play some old versions of fantasy so I'm not just preparing for a game we probably won't see until 2024.

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 29, 2022

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Lucinice posted:

is there a list out of there what the square base sizes for models taken from Warhammer Fantasy were? I'm thinking that if I buy any AOS models that were also used in fantasy I'd just base them on their original square base sizes to prepare for when the old world comes out and get some converters to use them in AOS.

Plus I also know some people who want to play some old versions of fantasy so I'm not just preparing for a game we probably won't see until 2024.

there's one here

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Talas posted:

Love the guy pointing.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

This is the Top 8 for the 2022 LVO:
  1. James O’Brien (Stormcast Eternals – Dragons with Gardus)
  2. Jeremy LeFebvre (Cities of Sigmar - Phoenicium with Assassins)
  3. Gavin Grigar (Cities of Sigmar – Living City with Dragons and Fulminators)
  4. Jiwan Noah Singh (Ironjawz - 2 Mawkrushas)
  5. Mrigank Jha (Stormcast Eternals - Annihilators with Raptors)
  6. Russ Tanner (Ogor Mawtribes - Bloodgullet with Yetis)
  7. Nate Tretanelli (Nighthaunt - Emerald Host with Nagash)
  8. Levan Sichinava (Soulblight Gravelords - Vampires with Zombies)
Source (with some extra things from Discord): https://www.goonhammer.com/lvo-day-2-the-field-narrows/

Some crazy lists there and well, so much for the people crying that Dragons were going to be all in the top.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Phoenecium?

my interest is piqued.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Phoenecium?

my interest is piqued.
Goonhammer covers the list.

It's built to specifically kill dragons.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Seems like Dragons aren't just rolling everything, but join Gargants as a gatekeeper army that can pretty much just sleepwalk to 3-2 finishes because some armies flat-out can't deal with them. They probably still need to be toned down a little, but that top 8 is a pretty diverse spread. Pretty wild to see Nighthaunt there considering they're usually ranked just a step above Gloomspite and BoC in the poo poo tier. Be curious to see how much of that diversity carries over when you get out of the top 8 - 40k had a similar spread in the Top 8 but then you add in the top 20 and only one additional faction got represented.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm kind of surprised someone didn't cook up a kruleboys list to make the top ten.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Nice to see non-dragon Stormcast make the list - I love my armor boys but I have zero interest in getting the dragons.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

JBP posted:

I'm kind of surprised someone didn't cook up a kruleboys list to make the top ten.

I can't find it now but iirc there was a Kruleboyz list in the top 20. Weird as hell one too, it was the usually Boltboyz spam with Gobsprakk but had some Hobgrots as a screen and Kragnos for some reason, which seems like an insane use of points in an army that is almost 100% shooting. Really curious to hear how he used it, since it obviously worked out decently well.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I can't find it now but iirc there was a Kruleboyz list in the top 20. Weird as hell one too, it was the usually Boltboyz spam with Gobsprakk but had some Hobgrots as a screen and Kragnos for some reason, which seems like an insane use of points in an army that is almost 100% shooting. Really curious to hear how he used it, since it obviously worked out decently well.

Having Kragnos run up to tear poo poo up in the midfield could be a really effective screen for all that shooting.

Also, Kragnos may be a meta pick against Giants, since they have none of the tricks that usually trip Kragnos up and Kragnos can just delete a giant per turn. Usually what trips up Kragnos is screening, but with Giants Kragnos is perfectly happy to be in melee with any of the models in the list.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
My Nurgle army creeps past 500 points with some plaguebearers

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/31/age-of-sigmar-roadmap-chart-out-the-next-four-battletomes-or-is-it-six/

Fireslayers and Deepkin battletomes announced. With Nighthaunt and Daughters of Khaine coming in spring.
And then a Chaos and Order tome in the summer.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/31/age-of-sigmar-roadmap-chart-out-the-next-four-battletomes-or-is-it-six/

Fireslayers and Deepkin battletomes announced. With Nighthaunt and Daughters of Khaine coming in spring.
And then a Chaos and Order tome in the summer.

A little bit upset at DoK getting a new battletome this soon but not enough to go on a massive internet tantrum about it. Still if anybody deserved that kind of turnaround it was surely Slaanesh whose battletome is just fundamentally designed wrong.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

AnEdgelord posted:

A little bit upset at DoK getting a new battletome this soon but not enough to go on a massive internet tantrum about it. Still if anybody deserved that kind of turnaround it was surely Slaanesh whose battletome is just fundamentally designed wrong.
Surprised by the DoK one, yeah, but all the other three are very old and need the refresh. Especially Idoneth.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I would've liked Ossiarch's to get a book sooner rather than later, but that's just because between them and GSC I have a tendency to choose armies whose key abilities get broken everything there's a new edition.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Yeah ossiarch and gitz really need new books.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

For the Chaos/Order pair in summer, I’m hoping Skaven, who also really need a rework.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

I don't even think the current book is even a year old yet.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

For the Chaos/Order pair in summer, I’m hoping Skaven, who also really need a rework.
Yeah, I only want new Eshin models to finally start a Skaven army.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Gitz vs. Skaven box, for maximum horrid little creatures

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Was really hoping Gitz got a book sooner rather than later. Yeah Idoneth is an old book, but it still performs pretty well and gets top 4 finishes pretty regularly in smaller tournaments. DoK getting a new one is silly, but Nighthaunt desperately needed it too so that's good news at least.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Winklebottom posted:

Gitz vs. Skaven box, for maximum horrid little creatures

I would pre-order this in an instant.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I'm kinda annoyed by another DoK book. Sylvaneth book came around gitz one and like that one its bottom tier. Good for deepkin, nighthaunt and slayers tho

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mors Rattus posted:

Surprised by the DoK one, yeah, but all the other three are very old and need the refresh. Especially Idoneth.

Oh I dont mind those, its just the DoK getting a fast turn around. Slaanesh is the only one who needs a new tome that soon because the army is actually designed wrong.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Wasn't Slaanesh the same release day, even?

also summer chaos book is almost certainly khorne.

edit: huh, rumors are actually pointing towards Skaven and Sylvaneth.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 31, 2022

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Skaven getting a refresh would be bad news for my wallet, their newer kits all look amazing but like 50% of the range looking like total poo poo has put me off of them so far.

Almost finished with my small Gitz army - was hoping they'd have a new book by the time I finished but welp. I'm considering putting together some Beastclaw Raiders just because the models are great, I like painting big monsters, and you can get something playable for really cheap. There are so many armies I'd love to paint and play if I had unlimited money and free time lol.

Really wish there was something like Kill Team for AoS - Underworlds is cool but drat near as expensive as regular AoS if you want a decent collection of cards, and Warcry looks interesting but seems to be basically a dead game from what I can tell. Or at least there are a total of zero people playing it in any of the store in my pretty big city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I loved Skaven back in the WHFB days, but they seem to have lost a lot of character in AoS. I can't exactly define how or why, though.

So yeah, a good update would also be bad for my wallet.