Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Beerdeer posted:

Look what they did to my poor Legion army :(

:drac:

Excited to start playing with whatever army builder gets updated first with the new list building rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Beerdeer posted:

Any chance of someone rehosting the rules? My work blocks WHC.

:sever:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/fZD0X060Qn7ZO0EE.pdf

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I don't expect the actual DEMAND for the box anywhere near Indomitus'

Popular for sure, but Indomitus was the perfect storm of Superb Value + COVID boredom + Space Marines + FOMO + Stock issues

Inatant edit: still not as much stock issue as Cursed City though so maybe I'm crazy

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
All I REALLY want is that rulebook, so someone that's buying 2+ copies call me ;)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

The Baumann posted:

Is the vampire lord on the zombie dragon a good pick? I like the way that and the blood knights look

I really want to try pulling this on someone trying to charge a zombie dragon

It auto hits a target with 6+ models anyway! D6 damage on 2+ to wound, rend -3!

Edit: interesting, Prince Vhordrai's dragon doesn't have the missile weapon - it has its own special breath attack, but isn't listed as a missile weapon so

BaronVanAwesome fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 18, 2021

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

never use battlescribe for aos.

Everyone makes their lists in warscroll builder anyway.

Warscroll builder definitely great for list submission but having all the unit rules in one place is handy for reference though

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Captain Magic posted:

Total neophyte question: why not use battlescribe for AOS?

Agreed with Ugly John above, Battlescribe is totally fine but can be a little funky to teach for new players that haven't used it before, and because it's all community done, there have been errors in points/eligibility for things (being able to take units or upgrades or whatever you shouldn't be able to, or it won't warn you).

It's totally fine and correct 95% of the time, and I'll use it for in game reference.

(but Der Waffle Mous is right about most organized play using Warscroll Builder, and I'll often use it to "check" my list against to make sure it's good - it also outputs way, way cleaner if you need to share a list with someone)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Floppychop posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/25/designers-notes-how-points-changes-make-the-new-edition-more-balanced-than-ever/

So if they're is having points only being granular "by a factor of 5" why bother having 5 points be the smallest increment? Why not just divide everything by 5 and have one point be the smallest increment?

It always makes me laugh in games where they go the opposite way - "This monster has 8000 power vs. this one's 10000!"

(They never use those extra digits)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Winklebottom posted:

lots of new shinies

Wow, so much good kitbashing pieces out of all of of the new Stormcast stuff between the caster wizard persons face mask in Dominion, the wings on angel person, this guy's magnificent beard

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I bought a Lauka Vai/Vengorian dude to hang out with Nagash. I am part of the problem!

(I haven't played an actual game of AoS in like 3 years)

I'm looking forward most to see how I can magnetize the 2 sculpts - you'd think they'd just magnet at the hips, but they share a bunch of pieces - I'll take photos and post results I guess.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

JBP posted:

I'm banging through these. Great models. Glad I went with an easy scheme for once I'm having a great time.

How're you gettin' em so shiny

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I bought a Bonespliterz Wardokk and the sprue is softer and a much lighter shade of gray than anything else I have. Is this a finecast model, or resin?, and does GW plastic glue still work?

If it looks like this kinda sprue:

Then yes, it's resin (which is often called finecast by GW but they don't always use the term).

The GW plastic glue WON'T work - you'll want to use Superglue or an epoxy or something.

Also be careful if you're filing/sanding - wear a dust mask if you need to sand stuff down.

If you have any parts that are bent or warped, a common way to fix them is to get a cereal bowl and fill it with cool water. Run your sink tap hot, put the piece to bend under it for a couple seconds (doesn't take long), bend/hold it how you want it, and dunk your weird claw maneuver hand into your cool bowl.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yeah, this is it

Since its resin, do I need to wash the parts before painting?

I forgot to mention washing!!

For the most part, the GW/FW stuff hasn't been TOO mould-release-agent present, but as a general "safety step" I always wash resin (anyone's resin)

I use super cheap (dollar store) dish soap and warm water, dunk your stuff, watch a movie or something, and then toothbrush stuff quick - the chemical did most of the work already for you

Let 'em dry and go to town!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Winklebottom posted:

The last of the Rockguts

I can't have more than these six, otherwise I'll have to repeat arms (or get really good at kitbashing)

I'm super super jealous of how "smooth"/matte you get the stuff you post - the paint job is awesome of course, but wowzers I love the texture most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Winklebottom posted:

I'm hesitant to recommend it, because they're not a great company, but it's AK Ultra Matte varnish. A goon recommended me Vallejo Mecha Matt as an alternative. Supposedly a lot stronger as well.

I have the Vallejo Mecha and it owns but I'm afraid to airbrush it

We actually just tried the airbrush for the first time today, both some inks and some paints and the results weren't good? Like it was way too "wet". Then we were getting bubbles in pot. Then stuff was basically translucent.