Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Looks like an exciting take on these!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
From my Big Chair on the bridge of the Ashes, I heartily endorse the idea of the shakedown cruise, let's play it slow and easy until we know we've been made.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I will vote for Fly Casual and trust the General Naval Staff to put together a proper ops plan. (Playing host this week, looking forward to being more active.)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Steady as she goes, lads, so far so good.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Bedfellows! Will find a bottle of something to share with our new space brother.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Guper posted:

This Pyotr from the ship Miltiades is giving me serious Miltiades from Age of Decadence vibes. Seems eminently trustworthy.

Goddamnit, I knew the name was familiar for some reason.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Well done, one and all. An excellent first step out into the system, now to digest our spoils.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Crazycryodude posted:

1. Bribe
2. Inspire
3. Dominate

That's the ticket. Appeal to their baser instincts, then their nobler ones, then just clonk em over the head.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
EYES ONLY EYES ONLY EYES ONLY
TO: ASTROMETRICS DIVISION

Orders from the CNO, inquiring as to the feasibility of launching his personal "Refreshments Station" into stable Martian Orbit in the same general timeframe as it will take us to be prepared to construct a fleet capable of occupying the planet and getting it there.

Just...go with it, will you? He's in a superlative mood after our first outing and no sense upsetting the potato cart.

KERATH

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
UNCLASSIFIED - FOR PUBLIC DISEMINATION
TO: BUREAU OF RECORDS
CC: ALL

It is my intention that the rather sterile designation of "First Fleet" be supplemented by a proper name and insignia worthy of the fighting men and women who comprise it.

To that effect, please submit for my review:

1. A suggestion for a suitable appellation
2. An insignia for inscription on ships, uniforms, etc

You are authorized to make use of any members of the general public who may be of assistance in this effort.

Kerath

---------------------------------------

Thought it might be fun to see if the thread had any cool ideas for this! I'll see if I can come up some ideas myself.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The Tuna Slate seems a reasonable ticket, but I'm open to thoughts about order. Definitely seems wise to increase our economic capabilities and our eyes and ears.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
CONFIDENTIAL
TO: CENTRAL COMMITTEE

Upon review and reflection vis-a-vis our next steps, my thoughts:

Projects
1. Space Trucking
2. Scrapper
3. Eyes

We need to bootstrap, and the faster we do so the faster we can begin truly projecting power. Dedicating some of those resources to seeing what's coming our way is just good sense.

Strategy
No
No
No

While we could likely get away with covert support for discontented elements within the League, the remote chance that we may be discovered while still in a relatively precarious state tilts me against the proposal.

Upgrade
As much as I've love a new room for my Big Chair, Main Engineering.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 1, 2021

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

wedgekree posted:

If we wanna do a war crimes delivery vehicle, then we rig up a communications beacon that continuously plays the 'Cats' film on all frequencies that can't be blocked or jammed.

Look I'm all for taking the fight to the enemy but we've got to draw the line somewhere. :ohdear:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Crazycryodude posted:

Is the salvage barge really only useful if we get in a fight? The entire solar system is one giant pile of dead colonies, shipwrecks, and all the other detritus of a civilization ending war. Sure a lot has been picked over by now but a lot more probably hasn't been, especially if we show up with a salvage barge meant to mulch up hull plates for raw TNE's rather than previous waves of scavengers who just looked for portable stuff.

Yeah, this was my assumption was well - another solid income stream.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

DrinkingBird posted:

It's important to keep in mind with the trade and diplomacy method that it's not just about what we can offer them individually but also what our prospective allies could offer to each other if the only had an effective middleman (us). So this leads me to think that Teucer and Agamemnon could potentially solve each other out.

Teucer is rich with sorium wealth and we're just not going to be able to match what Achilles can offer them until we've already become top dog of the Trojans but any attempts we make to woo them away will likely necessitate offering them an equal or superior market. Where could we possibly find this market? Agamemnon. It doesn't matter how isolationist they are, they're the gate to the sunward polities. While we don't know where they get their fuel from they're still likely to want Teucer's sorium either as a cheaper, locally available alternative or as a surplus resource for trade.

Likewise we can convince Teucer that they could tap into this rich market but the only thing holding them back is the threat of Achilles. We take them out, and they're good to divert the newly freed full-price sorium to Agamemnon in exchange for all the fancy stuff the sunnier rocks have to offer. Plus once they don't have to worry about their nasty neighbors they'll likely be able to divert fleet resources to guarding their lucrative shipments.

Just wanted to say this is some analysis I appreciate.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Fix, Bribe, Move on.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The fleet stands ready for a Joint Strike!

And Trade, I suppose.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I agree, leave the militia.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Officers, thoughts?

I don't think there's any possible way to track down Li Ji's location from that broadcast, what do we think the odds are that the poor peon here actually knows it?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

sebmojo posted:

We need to investigate whether the station was boobytrapped, these pirates sound a little cray so it's not beyond the bounds

Agreed. I could easily see Li Ji not enjoying the thought of other people playing with her toys.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
TO: Wedgekree, CNO
RE: Recommendation for Order of Hektor

Sir,

It is my distinct honor and privilege to put forth the Ashes for the Order of Hektor. The quick thinking and engineering acumen demonstrated by her officers and crew have allowed a great victory without the need for a single shot being fired. I look forward to your favorable reply.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Just nodding vigorously and admiralishly as the boys down in Astrometrics come up with more stellar math talk.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
For those not on discord, we've come up dry thus far. New ideas welcome.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Works for me!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Fray posted:

Hey everyone. I decided I should drop in. Over the summer my family started dealing with some serious medical issues. That and my own anxiety problems are the reason I haven't been running this. Although the LP is on hiatus, I don't want to consider it dead - this is a story I want to see the end of. Don't know when I might resume. My wife will soon have a surgery which, if successful, might get us back to normal late this year. We'll just have to see. I hope to see you all again whenever this starts again.

Sending best wishes for all involved - we'll be here whenever you're ready to pick back up again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Jesenjin posted:

Well it is good to hear that your wife is better.
Such a terrible disease with such innocent name...

Take your time, don't rush.

Agreed, very glad to hear!