Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I like licorice and ginger candies, the flavor of both is intense and unique and pairs well with the sweetness of pure sugar. I know a few people that like ginger candies as well, but nobody else who likes licorice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I had some of those last year. They aren't that different from the regular crispy M&Ms.

They aren't bad but they also aren't amazing. If you like the buttered popcorn Jelly Bellys a lot you would probably also like the popcorn M&Ms. They aren't super strongly flavored.

The real snack magic butter dust are all the different brands that have "buttered sweet corn" or "buttered (mexican) street corn" flavors. You can get that flavor dust on tortilla chips, corn puffs, popcorn, and god knows what else. It tastes very artificial but also is somehow still good?? It is overwhelming on the first bite because you cannot expect that specific flavor, it does not exist in nature. But it doesn't taste bad. It tastes really good.

It's a synthetic flavor marvel on par with the invention of instant ramen.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Rick posted:

Which giant bags of candy "for Trick or Treaters" did you buy this year? It was basically buy one get one free at Walgreens so I got the one with the Heath bars and the big bag with all the sweet/sour candy like Laffy Taffy and Lemonheads and such. I've been better in recent years of just getting a small bag of stuff and nothing more but the prices were so good this year on candy...

we are staying home and doing movie night with the kiddo (Men In Black, he's never seen it but is into the SCP spooky classified government horror stuff) and I got nerds gummy clusters (nerds rope but a dot instead of a line), spooky reeces cups that are 1/2 chocolate 1/2 green like frankenstein!!! and the FOMO halloween M&Ms. They are cookies and cream flavored with a crispy center. I don't think the M&Ms are going to survive til movie night. It's like someone shoved an oreo inside an M&M. All three of us keep taking a few from the bag after we opened it to test it.

Also making pizza from scratch on movie night, probably one cheese and one garlic. Using the artisan bread in 5 minutes a day pizza dough recipe. Fluffy Sicilian/grandma/focaccia style dough.

If you want real deals on haloween or christmas candy just hold out until the week after the holiday. A lot of places have it 50-75% off starting the day after.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Smythe posted:

dont buy bulk candy to eat alone. please. gently caress sakes.

You buy it super cheap so you can throw it (sometimes literally) at work acquaintances and those who visit your house. For Halloween specifically I put a basket near the apartment mailboxes in the hall so everyone can grab a piece when they get their mail. Most of them don't participate in trick or treat Halloween night stuff but they will absolutely grab a tiny Snickers when they open their mail. Happy holidays you mirthless cohabitors!

Eating a 5 lb bag of Halloween candy at breakneck speed so you are ready to do the same thing with Christmas candy sounds like the kind of thing you would be forced to do in some obscure corner of Buddhist Hell

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
My favorite sour fruit candy ATM is the Airheads rainbow gummies. They are "rainbow berry" flavored which is not a thing that exists, but I put them in the same league as Sour Patch watermelon candy. It doesn't taste like an actual fruit, but it absolutely does taste "fruity" and is sour and sweet and it is good and I like it.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Mike % Ike is ok, but it's the same kind of thing as spicy cinnamon candy that isn't actually cinnamon flavored.

I will eat a Mike and/or Ike any day of the week but I prefer actual licorice. It is a unique flavor and very pungent.

Brawnfire posted:

I like the cups with the mini Reese's pieces in them

try the outrageous bar. it's reeses peanut butter + reeses pieces + carmel inside a chocolate candy bar.

has anyone tried the reeses with potato chips inside? sounds bad, like I do not trust a potato chip inside a reeses cup to not be a soggy oily salt crumb

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

uber_stoat posted:

piss licorice

Oh man I haven't had salmiakki in years. I should order some online. The only place that sold it locally was a gimmicky imported foods shop that closed long ago.

That, and these motherfuckers

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Brawnfire posted:

I think green should always be a different green flavor

Like, green apple, kiwi, white grape

Kale, celery, sage, jalapeno

Grass, tennis ball, uranium glass

as someone who likes the buttered popcorn Jelly Belly beans

yes please

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

D34THROW posted:

I used to like those until I realized they smell and taste like piss

I would take vomit, even

hazelnut coffee creamer smells like rodent piss

This is a forbidden knowledge you can't unsmell

sticky paper rodent traps even smell like hazelnut rodent piss

i'm sorry

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Wrong Theory posted:

Have the Crunchy Cookie M&Ms been around for awhile because I just discovered them. They're pretty good, remind me of the crispy M&Ms. The package also implies that it is an M&M cookie that is inside the M&Ms thus creating inception levels of candy.

it is artificially flavored but I am excited to try them because the artificially flavored buttered popcorn crunchy m&ms and the artificially flavored cookies and cream crunchy m&ms from recent holidays were both good as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Brawnfire posted:

I used to use creamer but then I had a baby and started smelling all sorts of baby "notes" in the creamer and vice versa. Very off-putting.

adding baby formula and protein powder and butter to my coffee to become a golden manbaby keto god

is baby formula keto