Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Megabound posted:

I got a new patch. Haven't put it on my jacket yet as jacket weather is done for the year in Aus.

link plz

e: found it and nevermind that vendor is :ohno:

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ahhh! I will effort post pins and stores tonight and/or tomorrow, I promise!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I have a bunch of pins that used to be on a corkboard in my office but the ones on my bag do the important work of identifying myself as a gay weeb

The one of Faye is glow in the dark.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I like to put pins on my bag but they come off and get lost. Is there a way to prevent that or is it just sort of the cost of doing business? Important note: I am both visually impaired and clumsy so 'be more careful with your bag' ain't happening.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

HopperUK posted:

I like to put pins on my bag but they come off and get lost. Is there a way to prevent that or is it just sort of the cost of doing business? Important note: I am both visually impaired and clumsy so 'be more careful with your bag' ain't happening.

There are locking pin backs that you can use, or you could get an itabag, which is a bag that has a clear pouch and foam backing that you can stick pins in so if they fall off, it will fall off in the bag.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

This is going to have to come in pieces as my life's gotten pretty busy, BUT here you go, here's my current full collection:

The two best sources for getting pins that I've seen has been to haunt kickstarter (they ALWAYS have enamel pin KSes running) or etsy. Beyond that you want personal stores or patreons.

I'm personally a member of This is Hannako's patreon-only discord as the community is active - they offer group orders, trades, and they LOVE to show off the cool swag they've gotten. Just looking at the new pins channel shows me these:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cosmiclavenderdust/gamer-childhood-melodies-reproduction

https://www.ectogasm.net/collections/we-have-always-lived-in-the-mansion/products/bleeding-haunted-mansion-gothic-enamel-pin

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1087191732/kirby-boo-halloween-ghost-enamel-pin?ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1

All of these look great, but I have to be picky as there are infinite pins and my wallet ain't endless.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
It's been a while since I've bought any new pins, this is a pretty even mix of Kickstarter and local stores/artists, all crammed on a cheap memo board. I've got about 20 new bookmarks from this thread alone though so hopefully there will be more soon

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

When I first started collecting, I figured that if I just (mostly) bought horror pins, that would keep me from going overboard. But hey, it turns out that there are a gently caress of a lot of horror pins, so now I have too many of those.

I'm going out to see that new Halloween movie tonight, so here's my supernerd ita bag:

I might have just a couple more Halloween pins that don't fit.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

If you like one of my favorite pins, I'm happy to report that it looks to be in stock!

https://lucid-bazaar.myshopify.com/collections/homepage-collection/products/pin-wakinyan

There are some great variants in there too - when I was first picking it out I went for the blind bag and trusted I'd get a good lookin' variant, and I did!

Which leads me to say: I love how pins offer blind bags, especially for B-Grade pins and other rejects. I love it when sellers do this. I do NOT love it when some pin sellers go full gacha and you have to just pray that you get the one you want - or prepare to trade it, and c'mon! That's nonsense! I do not want to gamble for goddamn pins!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

HopperUK posted:

Most of the ones on my bag have two posts and better, it not necessarily locking, backings. Ones without that go on a corkboard in my office (when I actually work there again).

I also have a backpack designed for pins so it has covers over the pinable spots:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love those moth pins, especially the Luna moth (though it irks me a bit to see it in pink instead of green), where did you get them?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I need a bigger ita bag, because mine isn't really large enough to carry my wallet, phone, mask, and stuff. Do you all have any to recommend?

BTW, this one masquerades well as a grown-up purse

https://dualwieldstudio.com/products/moon-ita-bag

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I love those moth pins, especially the Luna moth (though it irks me a bit to see it in pink instead of green), where did you get them?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662293672/moth-obsession-collection

The kickstarter is over, but there are leftovers on their etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMourningStarbyAli

There are other moth pins there as well, and it's where I got the snake/jellyfish/spider/moth set too!

Sourcing the rest of my moth pins:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/779271473/familiar-feelings-enamel-pins

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1019702370/mothman-moth-enamel-pin

https://kaylaskritterz.storenvy.com/collections/1912666-enamel-pins

e: Also as you can probably tell I prefer more stylized pins to accurate ones. I want weird colors, extra eyes, and weird cool designs for my pins!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Everyone is doing it so I guess I should come clean. My big orange pin boards were posted earlier in the thread, but I also have these, that are just Pokemon pins:

The only thing that sucks about Pokemon pins is that Japan gets the cooler poo poo and I'm currently not digging the designs that the US Pokemon Center site has. Never was big on the box sprites.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Turbinosamente posted:

The only thing that sucks about Pokemon pins is that Japan gets the cooler poo poo and I'm currently not digging the designs that the US Pokemon Center site has. Never was big on the box sprites.

Instead of official pins try unofficial ones! I'm really fond of these: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WalkingMelonsAAA

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/braivety/water-pokemon-enamel-pins

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

HopperUK posted:

Definitely get locking pin backs, specifically the ones that look like little top hats. I haven't lost an enamel pin since I switched to them, and I have two messenger bags and two jackets covered in pins.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Dang that Chandelure line is better than the offical ones! I haven't really felt the need yet to go unoffical but I may if I find more that are as awesome as these. Previous ones I've stumbled upon have been lame or bogged down in stoner references; I'm so sick of the mountain of pins that are just pop franchise x weed/LSD/shrooms whatever. It's not my jam at all. Plus, the pokemon center site thinks I'm a bot again and is blocking me which is always lovely.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Hello thread. I don't have (m)any pins but I do have a number of dorky pop-culture patches which are awaiting a new set of shop overalls to be applied to:

(many more are also yet to find a home but are ever-so-slightly out of reach at the moment)

I don't recall exactly where I found these, but odds are heavily in favour of them being Etsy purchases.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

I love looking at everyone's cool stuff.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

There are some I can't find, but here are the ones I can.

All the bugs are Mary Capaldi, the Leebobawitz ones are about writing fic, the small shoe is the Greater Bay Area Costumers' Guild, the seam ripper reads "No Regrets", the Homestuck and goon ones speak for themselves.

Girl Genius

yes, it does open

Somewhere there's a gorgeous embroidered wreath of hops and barley and a couple of Farscape pins. And I'll probably be ordering this.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Arsenic Lupin posted:

yes, it does open

Well what’s inside? Better be thread

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Snowy posted:

Well what’s inside? Better be thread

Reload, I had to fiddle with the HTML a couple of times!

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I love that sewing kit pin, but the one I immediately had to hunt down was the Banned By The Comics Code Authority pin. I have a couple of Leebobawitz ones wishlisted for my fic-themed purse, so obviously you have excellent taste. :3:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Reload, I had to fiddle with the HTML a couple of times!

Beautiful :3:

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

i own one pin

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

thanks for the hints, friends!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

kreeningsons posted:

i own one pin

Great start!

Woo it's pokemon time again, dynamic poses are great!

MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009
I collected pins and buttons as a kid. It was something cheap my parents could buy me when we traveled. Not all enamel, but all mid-90s and earlier.

My full collection:

MayakovskyMarmite fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 17, 2021

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

FYI this is the Girl Scouts Cadet pin

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I love the leek! Visit to Wales?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

yes, it does open

Somewhere there's a gorgeous embroidered wreath of hops and barley and a couple of Farscape pins. And I'll probably be ordering this.

This one is amazing. I love pins that have movable parts.

I don't buy as many enamel pins as my heart desires because a lot of the artists I really like are from America and I can't justify the shipping costs. I had to make an exception for this pin based on an infamously terrible background ad from Silent Hill 4. It's so precious and captures the spirit of the ad so perfectly that I couldn't skip out on it. :kimchi:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

deety posted:

When I first started collecting, I figured that if I just (mostly) bought horror pins, that would keep me from going overboard. But hey, it turns out that there are a gently caress of a lot of horror pins, so now I have too many of those.

I'm going out to see that new Halloween movie tonight, so here's my supernerd ita bag:

I might have just a couple more Halloween pins that don't fit.

As someone working on an ita bag full of a specific character from a horror game I love this.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm personally a member of This is Hannako's patreon-only discord as the community is active - they offer group orders, trades, and they LOVE to show off the cool swag they've gotten.

Thanks for mentioning this, recently I’ve been wondering how to debulk my collection of 100+ of various pins over the years and I always liked Hannako’s work and her tweets about pin making/quality. Do people trade all sorts of pins there, how does that work out?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Thanks for mentioning this, recently I’ve been wondering how to debulk my collection of 100+ of various pins over the years and I always liked Hannako’s work and her tweets about pin making/quality. Do people trade all sorts of pins there, how does that work out?

Various by person it looks like! You go to the destash-and-trading channel and put your stuff up and see if anyone wants your stuff. One friendly person was offering fox figurines so we took it to DMs and worked out a nice dealio via paypal.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Trabant posted:

Hello thread. I don't have (m)any pins but I do have a number of dorky pop-culture patches which are awaiting a new set of shop overalls to be applied to:

(many more are also yet to find a home but are ever-so-slightly out of reach at the moment)

I don't recall exactly where I found these, but odds are heavily in favour of them being Etsy purchases.

I’ll always pop for the pyramid blaster.

I’m not specifically a pin collector but I have a few fun ones. My recent favorites I ordered from N5/N7 Badges, who focus on enamel pins for Arsenal FC.

Currently the one on the right lives on my desk, but the other has made its way on a bag.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

harperdc posted:

I’m not specifically a pin collector but I have a few fun ones. My recent favorites I ordered from N5/N7 Badges, who focus on enamel pins for Arsenal FC.

Currently the one on the right lives on my desk, but the other has made its way on a bag.

Arsenal FC train in the village where I live.:) I used to be friendly with their team doctor though covid put paid to a lot of in-person visits to my work. Those pins are gorgeous!

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
My partner's pin collection is intense and powerful. She sells pins on Etsy and, back in the before times, would table at nerd conventions. Apparently, vendors at those conventions would trade art and pins on the last day, so a lot of her collection is from that.

Details of my fav pins:

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Vulture pin sequel project! This time with Owls!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

harperdc posted:

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Am I the only person who imagines what all these pins will be doing 100 years from now? Will there be collectors who try to track down specific artists, especially when some of these pins are genuinely limited as part of a Kickstarter or just a small batch in general? What will future art and fashion historians draw from this period? There’s no way to know but gosh it’s neat.