Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I really liked this movie. Might be my favorite of the year (so far).

I did listen to their entire discography for this. I was familiar with some of their 80's stuff, like Angst In My Pants, and their 70's album Kimono My House, but there is just so much more to their style and ideas than the several albums I knew.

Even if you aren't a fan of their music, I think there's enough here to dig into. They've made music for decades, and you see how the music scene reacts to their ideas, and how their ideas react to the music industry.

I think the biggest throughline that connected with me was these two guys persevering for creativity, in all their eccentric, nerdy, clever, smart-rear end style. It was uplifting, and the fandom of the talking heads is pretty infectious, regardless. I saw it with two friends who only really knew them from a few songs I played, and they really enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU