Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

So... you all thought when Waffle-images disappeared you were safe....

You thought all the horrible things you did would be forgotten by the perpetual march of the internet...

But no, no the internet did not forget. Instead waffle images was revived and like the second coming of Christ you will repent or face damnation...

Behold, the goons of TFR in their natural state!

You can see more of this in the GBS thread:
RandomWaffle [NSFW]
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970384&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

or just visit the site itself:
https://randomwaffle.gbs.fm/
its not filtered so

I wanted to post all of this with zero context in the photo thread but didn't want to hijack or derail it with wacky nostalgic cringe. Felt it could have its own short lived thread.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

I keep my nostalgic cringe attached to the door of my safe with a magnet so that Iím always aware of just how dumb I can be.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

FYI if anyone spots a personal photo (e.g. one of your face, etc) that they donít want online, the sort of dumb poo poo that seemed like a good idea fifteen years ago in your early 20s and you wish wasnít out there now, PM Jeff and heíll get it removed.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

I keep my nostalgic cringe attached to the door of my safe with a magnet so that Iím always aware of just how dumb I can be.

I completely forgot about those patches. Im pretty sure mines in one of the many boxes in the basement.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Or PM me and Iíll pass it up the chain. Whatever youíre comfortable with. Just make sure to provide a link to the image when you do.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Gray Stormy posted:

I completely forgot about those patches. Im pretty sure mines in one of the many boxes in the basement.

I still have my "GüN - TFR" t-shirt with the same logo on it, albeit it's several sizes too big now.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I still have my "GüN - TFR" t-shirt with the same logo on it, albeit it's several sizes too big now.

Something Awful is probably the only place in the world where people on average got skinnier as they aged.

So many goon pounds, lost, like tears in the rain.

edit: except the malnourished conscript to M'Lady's Fedora Corps in the OP. I hope someone gave him a sandwich.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Bottle of Sailor Jerry and a PX4, and itís NOT me?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I didn't know that there were goons at the Bay of Pigs.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Ygolonac posted:

I didn't know that there were goons at the Bay of Pigs.

C'mon, its clearly an old pic of Micromancer

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Not even going to go looking down this time warp rabbit hole. I'm extremely self conscious about myself on film. Despite having been in more plays and performances than I can count, I typically cannot watch or listen to them afterwards. The only exception is a video I had a hand in editing.

Jesus, we were young.

I still think we might be the oldest forum for median age. I'd bet the average TFRer is thirty-five.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Ill be 38 in December.

I still remember the good ol days on the farm. Papa IR35 would bounce us on his knee and tell us Elmer Keith stories...

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Gray Stormy posted:

Ill be 38 in December.

I still remember the good ol days on the farm. Papa IR35 would bounce us on his knee and tell us Elmer Keith stories...

The best Elmer Keith stories don't start until you hit 44.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah maybe it's my age showing but I'd say the average poster here is closer to 40 than 35.

tarlibone posted:

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Gray Stormy posted:

tarlibone posted:

Perfect in every way.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

53 here.

I may grow old, but never up.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Tyro posted:

Yeah maybe it's my age showing but I'd say the average poster here is closer to 40 than 35.

I'll be thirty-seven this time next week.

These last four years, with the weirdness of my personal life + pandemic, have felt like they didn't happen. I feel like I went from thirty-three to thirty-seven in a year.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

One of the photos in the GBS thread is one I took myself back when WaffleImages first started up. I uploaded it but never posted the link to the forums, just shared it to a couple of people on a long dead IRC channel. It's blowing my mind that it got pulled up by someone in an actual 1 in 3,500,000 chance.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I plopped this piece of classic web comedy in the glock thread and figured this would be an appropriate place for it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OxFIZUUsOI

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Gray Stormy posted:

I plopped this piece of classic web comedy in the glock thread and figured this would be an appropriate place for it too.

Lost it at *slaps chest* I'M A BIG BOY

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gray Stormy posted:

I love people doing funny things on TFR.

What's the story behind the big check?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Does anyone know who made a short film titled A Fistful of Millers? I saved it from TFR ages ago. The file has a modification date from 2006, but it has to be even older than that.

If it helps anyone remember, there's a black and white segment set to Ave Maria where someone dies from hitting a stick on the ground while riding a tiny bicycle very slowly. And then LOTS of shooting.

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 18, 2021

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

That was Muldune and The Knob Goblin, shot at Miller's Campground in Ohio (where I believe there was at least one goon meetup).

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Thanks, I've been wondering forever. Every other time I've asked everyone was like "What?"

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I love people doing funny things on TFR.

What's the story behind the big check?

I had the pleasure of getting to experience a full-length aortic dissection back in 2011. While I was in the hospital, TFR put together a PayPal(as things like gofundme etc didnt exist yet) fund to help my family get by while I was recuperating. After I was home, four(five?) TFR members(who havent been around for some time) came by my house to visit, drop off the giant check, and then gave us the info for the PayPal fund.

It was a great weekend of hanging out that I really needed after going through all that almost-dying stuff.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gray Stormy posted:

I had the pleasure of getting to experience a full-length aortic dissection back in 2011. While I was in the hospital, TFR put together a PayPal(as things like gofundme etc didnt exist yet) fund to help my family get by while I was recuperating. After I was home, four(five?) TFR members(who havent been around for some time) came by my house to visit, drop off the giant check, and then gave us the info for the PayPal fund.

It was a great weekend of hanging out that I really needed after going through all that almost-dying stuff.

Aww, that's a drat cool story. Must have been a minute, I don't remember it happening.

Also, surviving an aortic dissection? Jesus Christ, you must be the terminator.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Captain Log posted:

Aww, that's a drat cool story. Must have been a minute, I don't remember it happening.

Well, *now* he is.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

ITT we learn that all the "Grey Stormy is a cyborg" jokes have been going over Log's head for years.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

ITT we learn that all the "Grey Stormy is a cyborg" jokes have been going over Log's head for years.

I think I started lurking here in the early 2000's, reg'd in 2006, and posting here around 08ish.

But there are some long periods that are blanks due to...: checks notes : ...severe drunk-itude.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Don't forget the product-improved Gtab, with titanium central support column upgrades.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

I feel like Stormy was gone for most of the time that Log was here since it happened. Stormy disappeared back in like maybe '13-'14 or something and didn't come back until last year, right?

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Oh poo poo thatís a deep cut.

I still store my mosins bolt open.

Gotta go through and old HD and see what Iíve got on hand.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Genuine honest RIP to Stiletto Null. Also I love how Gtab has absolutely gorgeous handwriting

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Found one at random, although I'll be damned if I know who this is:

I also went through my archives of ancient crap, but the only picture I could find of an actual goon was (according to the filename) LingcodKilla.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

That got a sad smile from me.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Nobody tracked down the epic photos of Scumbag yet?

If I remember, Neckbolt turned out to be A Not Great Person and died. But those pictures were peak early TFR.

OH! Tyler C, too. His picture of him and his purple haired lady, naked on a bed, covered in money with guns and a giant bong was truly magnificent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I've got the Rev. Scumbag & Neckbolt pix... somewhere, but IIRC it was the entire NWS archive of 'em.