Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

I know bringing this up is going to be a touchy subject and a lot of people would prefer to just sweep things under the rug, but I think it would be good to have an open and honest conversation about the current high score holder for Dance Dance Karnov.

Numerous tweets have now surfaced implying or outright stating incredibly problematic views. That in turn has led to people looking closer into his speed run records and allegations of cheating.

The Guinness Book of Records is still upholding his scores but perhaps they have a vested interest in this? I also personally know that there a number of DDK masters on this forum.

Do you guys think that he was actually using a 'skip' in the first level? I've heard a lot of valid arguments before and against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 1, 2010

what

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Sometimes, there are scandals around videogames. I can't explain why, there just are. And OP, haha, he is making a joke. Wouldn't it be funny if there was a videogame scandal centered on Dance Dance Karnov, an obscure SomethingAwful Flash game made by Lowtax?

I can't answer that question but that's what OP is asking.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Havin' a roni

I wish I could use a skip for this thread OP

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I wish I could use a skip for this thread OP

you can, it's retroactively by not clicking on it - guess past you brought this on yourself

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

I am confused and disoriented,
but now I have and this wonderful avatar

Posting in a TOP RAIL #1 thread.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 18, 2010

Oh, We understand.
A trip to collect a million votes, yes.
Oh, we know why.
We get the point of rolling up a million

Wedge Regret

There are no levels in dance games.

DarkSoulsTantrum
Apr 6, 2011

this kills the crab

Sure, they're visually impressive, but a lot of posters find large avatars physically uncomfortable. Furthermore, the owners of large avatars often rely on their size alone and don't bother to develop more refined posting techniques.

I heard that dance moves are tied to frame rate so if you turn off performance mode you can get twice as many moves but also your shoes wear out twice as fast.

low key sex master
May 27, 2004

The human face is, after all, nothing more nor less than a mask.

didn't rich (may Tir the Demon wrench his spine from his body) make a game about this or try to or something? I remember this was something that was supposed to happen like 15 years ago or some poo poo

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

Every idiot can count to one.

Process for making a new post:

1) Realize you want to post but have nothing to say.
2) Go to any other forum on the internet and copy/paste any text you find there into a new post on the something awful forums.
3) Congratulations you posted. That was easy!

low key sex master posted:

didn't rich (may Tir the Demon wrench his spine from his body) make a game about this or try to or something? I remember this was something that was supposed to happen like 15 years ago or some poo poo

You may be shocked at how much nobody knows what you are talking about or cares at all what you have to say.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Ddk still exists? I thought flash got shutdown

low key sex master
May 27, 2004

The human face is, after all, nothing more nor less than a mask.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Process for making a new post:

1) Realize you want to post but have nothing to say.
2) Go to any other forum on the internet and copy/paste any text you find there into a new post on the something awful forums.
3) Congratulations you posted. That was easy!

You may be shocked at how much nobody knows what you are talking about or cares at all what you have to say.

we registered on the same day yet I remain the superior poster

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

Every idiot can count to one.

I will grant that you do post but get your hands out of your pants, junior.

Also, we registered a day apart. Sloppy work, man.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

It's true, I mashed the keys on Yoda in a nest and progressed to the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Ulex Minor? More like Ulex Major! As in major rear end in a top hat and I'm not talking about the kind of major rear end in a top hat like the kind sported by a certain Kirk Johnson!