Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YeahTubaMike posted:

edit: Also, being a heterosexual woman in my mid-30s who doesn't want children but does want to date & get married is a loving nightmare, because having to weed out all the "childfree" guys is grueling and not wanting children is not the only standard that I have.

Oof, too close to home. Hetero male in his early-40s, and it’s insane just how a person in the dating game can turn sour over the mere mention of wanting/not wanting children. There’s so much more to me than my decision to not have kids :(

It’s like that old Disney Goofy cartoon, Mr. Walker and Mr. Wheeler, only Mr. Wheeler is a misogynist rear end in a top hat who most definitely calls children “crotch droppings” and couples with children “breeders” like OP, 3O.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Speaking of which... I don't think this is true for cis guys -- correct me if I'm wrong -- but cis girls are asked about motherhood super early in life, to the point that I literally don't remember the first time I said I didn't want to have children (according to my mom, I was 7). As a result, as a teenager, I developed a super bitter attitude toward the extremely pervasive idea that I & all little girls should look forward to being a mom.

We do get asked about fatherhood by extended relatives and family friends and such, but I couldn’t even imagine how much a woman is pressured into having kids from early on in life. It began after high school for me since I was now old enough to “get married, have kids, buy a house with a white picket fence, and live happily ever after.” No “find a soulmate and live a happy fulfilling life with them” or “live your single life to the fullest,” just a “get married, have kids…” Boomer mentality. Luckily, my parents never pressured me into having kids and supported my decision not to. I have two nephews from my sisters, we get along great, and that’s good enough for me :)

r u ready to WALK posted:

There are also "dogfree" and "catfree" communities.
They are even worse imo

Ahhh, so I probably met a “catfree” person when my cat passed away five years ago, and I returned to work the day after it happened. A coworker asked why I looked so down, and I told them my cat had passed away. Their response? “Oh, I haaate cats! Absolutely hate them! I’m a dog person :smug:

Like…what in the poo poo. Who thinks that’s a reasonable response to someone grieving over the loss of their beloved pet? A complete “catfree” rear end in a top hat, that’s who.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Revins posted:

I don't trust anyone that doesn't like cats, especially if they're super vocal about it

:hmmyes:

:hai: