Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So what's your excuse then for being a miserable judgmental shithead?

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

A Strange Aeon posted:

It's interesting to consider having a kid as a selfish act when it's voluntarily adding an extraordinary amount of responsibility into your life.

It's basically one of the most fundamental animal things you can do, but because we've largely decoupled it from sex, people don't associate the two acts together as much as they probably did in the past.

Personally, we thought we'd have more than one but found one so difficult and challenging that adding another seemed less and less of a good idea. Can relate to the poster talking about pressure for siblings, for sure, but you really need a huge network to care for kids which we don't have.

If we had a clan of family who we could depend on for regular childcare and help, it'd be a totally different story.

We worry about raising an only child but I think there's ways to make sure they come out well adjusted.

This is huge and I have been fortunate in this regard. We've had both sets of grandparents which we've leaned on that has helped tremendously. The struggle for families with no outside support is pretty tough. Just being able to work would require one parent having to be home all the time or paying a considerable amount for daycare. Also having the kids stay the night or two at the grandparents is amazingly refreshing and never getting that break would be really hard.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Not gonna lie though, making the babies is the best part