Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

barfdog posted:

mine is a dog barfing posts

do you then eat your possts after?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie

rear end-penny posted:

When you say your username do you enunciate the second e? Or is doke pronounced more like toke?

Toke, like J. R. R. Tokin :350:

Vei
i simply have yet to disagree with the system default, despite being reminded of it for like a decade

IGgy IGsen

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

nut posted:

mine just goes

Hey! I like your avatar a lot.

Jinh

IGgy IGsen posted:

Omg I love your av

nut

IGgy IGsen posted:

ty IGIG, much like byob superstar Jinh,

Jinh posted:

I love your av

I also love Jinh's av but don't tell them (i'm shy)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
jinh i know someone who has a crush on your av but i cant say who

Jinh

My av was also made collectively by a few different byob posters back in... 2012 or so? When I post it feels like I'm crowd surfing

Lor

Mine is just a lil' picture of Hopkin Green Frog from an old meme, but I like it very much. :frogbon:

I need to see if I can make it bigger though. Did they increase the size avatars could be at some point or did I just mess up when I bought it? :buddy:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Nut made this one and I love it because it is the spooky scary version of my original av, which was a gif of an alpaca with spinning vortexes of galaxies overlaid.

Nut makes the best death cult alpaca avs.

Eta: the original av exists still and the story with that is I am a fiber toucher and also raise a lot of animals but have papers that say I'm good at particle and astrophysics and I cannot prove that workout doxxing myself pretty hard but I also quit that industry a long time ago

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Lor posted:

Mine is just a lil' picture of Hopkin Green Frog from an old meme, but I like it very much. :frogbon:

I need to see if I can make it bigger though. Did they increase the size avatars could be at some point or did I just mess up when I bought it? :buddy:

i'm sure theres someone who can make it much better

Heather Papps

hello friend

enjoying all these stories very much

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cruft

Luvcow posted:

I was about to clean this up, but it's got a certain charm with the paper lines behind it...

Lor

Luvcow posted:

That's awesome! Transparency and everything! Thanks dude!

Patware

i had something else

i forgot what it was

then someone bought a bunch of people boring avatars of anime girl lum for no apparent reason and i went 'well not this. what else'

'well, i am hungry'

Escape From Noise

Mine's just a gif from a weird absurdist parody anime I got really into during the early stages of the pandemic when I was stuck at home watching shot on Netflix.

I have run into images several people's avatars and it's always funny to me.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 19, 2021

Farecoal

There he go

Escape From Noise posted:

Money's just a gif from a weird absurdist parody anime I got really into during the early stages of the pandemic when I was stuck at home watching shot on Netflix.

I have run into images several people's avatars and it's always funny to me.

Where's the text from?

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

Where's the text from?

It's from this song by the weird experimental music group Negativland from their album Dispepsi. My username is from the name of their first album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY0ASHW3604

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

It's from this song by the weird experimental music group Negativland from their album Dispepsi. My username is from the name of their first album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY0ASHW3604

gently caress that just makes it even better. Negativland owns. I should be more familiar with their catalog.

FluffieDuckie

I paid a goon in sa mart $10 to draw the original waddling duckie av and I had it for years (with changes for the holidays etc) but then someone posted this character in the newbie avvie thread and I liked it almost enough to change my brand. We compromised by putting waddling duckie on the sweater and I’ve never looked back.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Uria aalge

Chi-la-la-la-lax
Someone in BYOB very kindly made mine many years ago, but I can’t remember who :iiam:

very bad, I really should search the forums and find out!

before that one I used to have a bad photo of the bird Uria aalge (the murre).

Thank you for the winter sig, Heather Papps!

Thanks for the summer sig, ChubbyChecker!

"Nobody owns life, but everyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death" - Kurt Cobain

Dukes Mayo Clinic
I am not sure that I’ve ever had an av (even the stupid newbie?) and I’m not so attached to Goosey Lee as my posting persona as to invest. Neither do I have another username in mind so here I sit, posting aimlessly. Honk.

take the moon

by sebmojo

Goosey Lee posted:

I am not sure that I’ve ever had an av (even the stupid newbie?) and I’m not so attached to Goosey Lee as my posting persona as to invest. Neither do I have another username in mind so here I sit, posting aimlessly. Honk.

its a good minimalist approach. Honk

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FluffieDuckie

I bumped the newbie avvie thread for those of you with no av or those who want a refresh.

We gotta keep an eye on that thing or some jerk’s going to archive it.

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

for many many years, possibly a decade, my AV was a CGA tombstone as I was an angry moo cow back then and was getting “owned” a lot by the friendly folk of yospos. my av was subsequently made into a smilie I assume by the friendly folk of yospos :rip:

then I shared my story about a lovely duck and owlhawk drew a lovely picture and I thought what a lovely pic and well, the rest is history

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

FluffieDuckie

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

for many many years, possibly a decade, my AV was a CGA tombstone as I was an angry moo cow back then and was getting “owned” a lot by the friendly folk of yospos. my av was subsequently made into a smilie I assume by the friendly folk of yospos :rip:

then I shared my story about a lovely duck and owlhawk drew a lovely picture and I thought what a lovely pic and well, the rest is history

Such a good thread :love:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Kids nowadays don't even know what cga is. Sad

Armitage

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Mine is Mr. Glitch from the 80s educational PBS program Square One Television!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Armitage posted:

oh yeah I remember that guy. cool av

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

FluffieDuckie posted:

Such a good thread :love:

the family disappointed cow often thinks of pengu and marmalade and where they may be flying to on any given day

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

gently caress that just makes it even better. Negativland owns. I should be more familiar with their catalog.

TBF their catalog is HUGE

Escape From Noise

Armitage posted:

aaaaaAAAAAAA! SQUARE ONE! *sax solo*

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

my brother had this AV from ages ago. He doesn't post here anymore.

Weirdly, I found FYAD posters using it about 5 or so years ago.

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

FluffieDuckie

my brother had this AV from ages ago. He doesn't post here anymore.

Weirdly, I found FYAD posters using it about 5 or so years ago.

Yeah I’ve seen that one in fyad.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I was with him when he made it. precious family memories. of “hurhur….weed”.

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

How Wonderful! posted:

A goon named The Splash PM'd me and offered to make me an av because IIRC they liked my posts in the Comic Strip Megathread over in BSS. I asked for Little My from the Moomin comics because at the time I thought those were the cutest comics in that thread and I wanted a little trans flag motif incorporated because I thought visibility was sort of neat and important. I really like it and even though I occasionally changed it back when I had the mod power to have new free avs whenever I think this is the av for me deep down in my heart.

Which worked out well because I like all of my sigs with Little My in them and I was very touched to get a Little My mug in my BYOB secret santa package (ty again Fluffie Duckie).

Is Little My supposed to be a little girl or an old woman? Because it could go either way for me.

PostsYouCanDanceTo

My av is Junpei Iori from SMT: Persona 3 - specifically lifted (with minor edits) from a caramelldansen video back when those were a thing. Shin Megami Tensei games are my favorite games in the world, I really enjoyed him as a character, and it fit my name.

As a side note, my name PostsYouCanDanceTo comes from the 1998 comedy album of lesbian-feminist-humorist Kate Clinton, "Comedy You Can Dance To", which I still think is the best name for anything ever.

Stoner Sloth

i love all your avs!

mine was kindly made and bought for me by yobbers when i first came here as a tiny baby poster (seems a long time ago even though it was really only a couple of years back lol)

i'd got some money for doing a focus group about anti-drug ads for the australian government and used some of that ill gotten loot to buy an account - my username came from that too cause Stoner Sloth was a bunch of the worst/best anti-weed ads ever made here.

anyways between that and rabbiting on about toxins, jobs looking after snakes and George the blue ring octopus and interests in smonking weed and reading books and stuff we got this chill little hybrid that i ended up with

oh and i was high as balls when i did that focus group thing that brought me here

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Prof. Crocodile

so many byob origin stories itt. it warms the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

also my av was the first result that came up when I typed “random image” into DuckDuckGo.

I guess it makes sense, since I am kind of all over the place as a poster. maybe it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. :shrug: