Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Smythe posted:

Names Salsa, Jared Salsa.

barnold posted:

been thinkin this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Signature Select definitely has the best jarred salsa. On the Border is solid if you are not at a Safeay/Albertsons.

I really love the fresh salsa in the deli section but I don't know if that is east of the Rockies and also it is in a plastic tub, not a jar. Also it goes bad in like a week so you really got to be bout it.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Rick posted:

Signature Select definitely has the best jarred salsa. On the Border is solid if you are not at a Safeay/Albertsons.

I really love the fresh salsa in the deli section but I don't know if that is east of the Rockies and also it is in a plastic tub, not a jar. Also it goes bad in like a week so you really got to be bout it.

I have seen decent versions of that stuff sold at Publix in Nashville in the produce section.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Jared Salsa is great. Jared Sandwich, not so much.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ventral EggSac posted:

Jared Salsa is great. Jared Sandwich, not so much.

tired: battle of the joshs
wired: battle of the jareds

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Take a jar of Tostitos medium chunk, add lime, as much cilantro as you can, fresh garlic, and a pinch of salt. Blend till the consistency of your favorite Mexican restaurant.

I’ve yet to meet a better salsa for less effort. Pour it back into the jar and eat till it goes bad (I have no idea how long this takes, mine lasts for like 3 days before it’s gone)

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
not even trolling but Stop-and-shop chunky hot salsa is top of the line

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I haven’t seen this in a long time, probably since Imus got fired and then died, but this was the best salsa that you could just go in the store and buy most places.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

BigFactory posted:

I haven’t seen this in a long time, probably since Imus got fired and then died, but this was the best salsa that you could just go in the store and buy most places.

Were there some salsas you could go into the store and not buy

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Oh Don Piano posted:

Were there some salsas you could go into the store and not buy

Behind the saloon doors. Adults only salsa

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

BigFactory posted:

Behind the saloon doors. Adults only salsa

Lol remember finding salsa out in the woods

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Oh Don Piano posted:

Lol remember finding salsa out in the woods

I was exploring an old abandoned house once and I found a bottle of lemon lime New York Seltzer at least 10 years after they stopped selling it. It looked like someone had taken one sip and then dropped it. I was tempted to open it up and see what 10 years of mouth bacteria buildup would do to a bottle of seltzer, but pretty quickly decided that was a really gross idea

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

BigFactory posted:

I was exploring an old abandoned house once and I found a bottle of lemon lime New York Seltzer at least 10 years after they stopped selling it. It looked like someone had taken one sip and then dropped it. I was tempted to open it up and see what 10 years of mouth bacteria buildup would do to a bottle of seltzer, but pretty quickly decided that was a really gross idea

Probably gross, but maybe you woulda tripped balls :shrug:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BigFactory posted:

Jared Salsa would have opened it

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Oh Don Piano posted:

Probably gross, but maybe you woulda tripped balls :shrug:

Lemon lime New York seltzer was my favorite drink in 1989, so I was a little bit tempted to get one last taste

I guess I can buy a 10oz bottle for $30 plus shipping. It’s probably flat.
I bought a case of Inca Cola from one of those websites once and it was all flat.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I found lemon lime new york seltzer stocked on the shelf of a random grocery store in AZ just last year. It was tasty

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BaconCopter posted:

I found lemon lime new york seltzer stocked on the shelf of a random grocery store in AZ just last year. It was tasty

I think that’s how one of those dean koontz books started

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BigFactory posted:

Lemon lime New York seltzer was my favorite drink in 1989, so I was a little bit tempted to get one last taste

I guess I can buy a 10oz bottle for $30 plus shipping. It’s probably flat.
I bought a case of Inca Cola from one of those websites once and it was all flat.

yeah, they're selling this again. i got some black cherry seltzer not too long ago.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
As a white boy growing up in Vermont in the 80s, salsa didn't come onto my radar until I started college in 1991. Then I almost exclusively ate Green Mountain Salsa (https://greenmountaingringo.com/products/) Hot or Roasted Garlic until I moved to Colorado. Thirty years later (and partially because I'm back in Vermont) it's still an occasional go to.

At my first post-college job, my co-workers brought me to a local Mexican restaurant named Dora's in Aurora, Colorado where I had non-chunky salsa and loved it! Ton of flavor. I could almost drink bowls of the stuff and since then I gravitate toward smooth salsa for chip dipping. But few other Mexican restaurants I've been to in the past 25 years (local or chains) seem to make in a similar way (one now long closed in Boulder came close). Most seem to severely lack in flavor of anything. It's like they seem to figure you'll enjoy the lack of taste from taste of artificially reddened tomatoes. Whenever I go to Moe's or Qdoba I always want to be surprised that they've changed the tasteless salsa bar recipes and I always leave disappointed.

The closest I've found to my favorite smooth is Mateo's (https://mateossalsa.com/) which I can get in huge jars from Costco.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
smooth salsas are nice for dippin your quesadilla in imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Smooth salsas are terrible for chips. And that's just about all I get at Mexican restaurants here.

I want super chunky salsa. Don't give me that thin soupy slop.

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mostly agree although smooth spicy salsa on fresh out of the oven still hot chips is really nice.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Jared Salsa

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Smythe posted:

Jared Salsa

Jaleel 'Did I dip that?" Salsa

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler
This may be dipping into poptart is a sandwich territory for all you salsa purists and if so then gently caress you, but shout out to herdez guacamole salsa. Imagine if you took a spoonful of salsa, a spoonful of guac, chewed it up real good and then spit it back up onto your plate. It's divine.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Beethovens Fist Symphony posted:

This may be dipping into poptart is a sandwich territory for all you salsa purists and if so then gently caress you, but shout out to herdez guacamole salsa. Imagine if you took a spoonful of salsa, a spoonful of guac, chewed it up real good and then spit it back up onto your plate. It's divine.

that's how they make it. bespoke masticated by a Michoacán peasant, straight from their mouth into the jar and then onto your plate.

----------------

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Ja "Salsa" Rule

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

that's how they make it. bespoke masticated by a Michoacán peasant, straight from their mouth into the jar and then onto your plate.

lol

Jarred Salsa M.D.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Twenty Four posted:

lol

Jarred Salsa M.D.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Cheesus posted:

As a white boy growing up in Vermont in the 80s, salsa didn't come onto my radar until I started college in 1991. Then I almost exclusively ate Green Mountain Salsa (https://greenmountaingringo.com/products/) Hot or Roasted Garlic until I moved to Colorado. Thirty years later (and partially because I'm back in Vermont) it's still an occasional go to.

At my first post-college job, my co-workers brought me to a local Mexican restaurant named Dora's in Aurora, Colorado where I had non-chunky salsa and loved it! Ton of flavor. I could almost drink bowls of the stuff and since then I gravitate toward smooth salsa for chip dipping. But few other Mexican restaurants I've been to in the past 25 years (local or chains) seem to make in a similar way (one now long closed in Boulder came close). Most seem to severely lack in flavor of anything. It's like they seem to figure you'll enjoy the lack of taste from taste of artificially reddened tomatoes. Whenever I go to Moe's or Qdoba I always want to be surprised that they've changed the tasteless salsa bar recipes and I always leave disappointed.

The closest I've found to my favorite smooth is Mateo's (https://mateossalsa.com/) which I can get in huge jars from Costco.

What am I missing? I just got the Green Mountain Medium last week and TBH it tastes like bland Tostinos mild salsa - no good flavor at all. Very disappointed.

----------------

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

everdave posted:

What am I missing? I just got the Green Mountain Medium last week and TBH it tastes like bland Tostinos mild salsa - no good flavor at all. Very disappointed.

It is the profligate deployment of apple cider vinegar, a key indicator of yankee molestation of your salsa, that is ruining everything for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

tetsuo posted:

Nice to see Mrs. Renfro's repped in the OP.

Very hot (for store bought salsa) and very good:

Very late to the party, but I bought a jar of the Ghost Pepper salsa recently and it did a number on my Covid numbed taste buds. First time felt like everything was on fire, then realizing I was an idiot, the second time I had some with chips I actually scooped up the veggies instead of the raw salsa. Great stuff, would recommend, and it does wonders for your sinuses especially if you have post-nasal drip.

I would also recommend Herdez, Safeway and Ralph's/Kroger's/Fry's/Fred Meyer's Jeweler's Private Label. Sadie's is also good if you're in the Southwest, and El Pato makes a decent taco starter tossed in with the ground meat.