Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Really enjoying this so far. I like how our protagonist Keichi is a fully realized character and not some insert for the audience. He really is a cheeky little bugger, though at least he doesn't delve into the sadistic (so far). Though from some of the chat between Keichi and Mion, it seems a bit weird that they only known each other for three weeks +2 days. It feels like they knew each other since they were kids. Guess they are competing for authority as the oldest kids in town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

TKMobile posted:

Keichi strikes me as a guy who's started off trying to be polite but nervously awkward about the weird social situation he's in, but quickly realized how to roll with it, treating most of the girls like he would any group of actual piers he'd be with were he in a high school with other guys his age. It's either that or go talk to a wall or a tree for social support, and hey, these girls all seem nice.

Yeah that does make sense. Each girl seems to by dynamic in their own way (except Rika, who is an adorable bundle of kawaii). Mion is cunning tomboy who shoots the poo poo with keichi, Sakoto is a sadistic little nugget who keichi can't let his guard down around lest he gets tacks in him. Rena seems to be pushed to be the love interest, or at least is teased about it repeatedly. Especially this last update. Though with her she is quite dynamic in her expressions of affection (beating up keichi and mion after teasing sakoto because of her older sister complex and the apple rabbits scene). Keichi has to be open and assert himself with this group he found himself in, lest he get left to the wayside and be alone for the rest of his time at school. I think it said he is the only older boy there and all the younger boys are scared of talking to him. So its them or the wall. Though, this group looks to be tight-knit despite all the teasing stuff that goes around (though Sakoto seems to be broaching it with the whole tacks thing).

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

That is... a weird reaction. Like an "I don't wanna talk about it" would be fine enough but a flat "I don't know". Like, I guess it makes some sense that she wouldn't know the ins and outs more than him, with her being there just a year. Prolly only knows stuff just from the news. And like, this kind of incident wouldn't be something the town would want to talk about, being a gorey murder and all. But the monotone delivery of "I don't know" puts me off. It's not like Rena.

Edit: What were the places that those photos were taken. Kind of surprised by the diligence of fans in finding these locations.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Mion is wickedly cunning. Fooling keichi that thoroughly. Dude doesn't stand a chance in any games. Hes gonna have black marker on his face for the rest of his time there.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

That tag scene was seriously funny. The gundam bit had me laughing my rear end off. Really lifted the levity up from the previous part.
The end of the tabloid bit gave me a good chuckle too.

So yeah, they are clearly lying about it. Rena's delivery of "I don't know" and Mion being a townie herself gave that away to me. The murder of a foreman of a federal dam project would be big news even if hinamizawa was in nowhere. This town of 1200 has 5 brutal murderers (or at least one mastermind brutal murderer and 4 accomplices). That no doubt had an effect on the town. I can see Keichi going "I know you know" with Rena and Mion, maybe get more info that the tabloids and news media didn't pick up.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Yeah that scene was quite wild. Keiichi turning into a teenage megalomaniac, inner monologues and all, and his inevitable comeuppance in the end was crazy but funny. How many punishment suggestions were in that bag? I admit, I thought he was gonna draw the no punishment card in the end, with how his luck with the cards was. So glad he didn't, that last scene with the principal was the funniest thing so far in this VN. I imagined the principal was doing this at the end to Keiichi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNclP-KwLyE

And yeah, you almost forget about the gruesome stuff already revealed, as well as hints of what to come from the first post. I expect things to unravel more and more in the coming days, with less and less zany antics happening.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

He's cruisin' for a bruisin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

I mean, I don't see anything so far that would point to shunning. Illegal dumping doesn't peg to me as a retributive thing. I think its just there to establish as Hinamizawa as being way way out there in the boonies. Like, the school and dumping points to that definitely. And like, with other people from other towns coming around to partake in a festival, doesn't seem like a shunning is going on. Like, its been 4 years since the murder. While it was brutal, four people were caught and stated to regret it and were just accomplices. And with how mion and rena don't talk about it, the shunning is more likely for the murderers than anything else. Don't think punishing the town would go for that long. Also, maybe other small villages and homes near hinamizawa but not in it would get hit by the dam too and the town did stop that so maybe they appreciate that. But that one is speculation.

And yeah, Tomitake clearly wants to pry. Maybe a paparazzi who is really keeping it low and just prodding. I think he does genuinely like the kids, specifically Keiichi seeing how similar they are with their outsider status. If he started coming here after the murder happened then its definitely suspect. Though, he only mentions murder stuff with keiichi, who knows as much as him or less. Maybe he thinks Keiichi is his key to information?