Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

If you’re old like me you’ll remember in the mid-90s we used to all try to do that middle part thing with our hair for some godawful reason. It really just lives on in loss and I guess bob evans lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

so glad i got to heckle him irl

I used to listen to his podcast but stopped about when he tried to make himself the main character of summer 2020 going so far as to state he was the reason people were trying to take down the justice center fence.

He put me on ignore on these very forums for going “uh dude it’s a bad look to defend spreading rumors that African mercenaries were raping Libyan women just because your friend said it” and then his cultists closed the thread for a few months. Who says posting isn’t praxis?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

guidoanselmi posted:

so what was his sa username? op link has broken images

he did an episode or two on the netanyahu fam to his credit

I don’t remember exactly what the user name was - something like gunlover420 or such. He posted (might still?) in the podcast subforum under a thread that at least used to be titled “daggers”

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Grevling posted:

This powerful debut novel from Robert Evans is based on
his investigative reporting from international conflict
zones and on increasingly polarized domestic struggles.

Lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

unfortunately he didn’t learn that much better

He learned the most important lesson of all-that Simplisafe will pay you money to read ads on your podcast where you casually explain to people that their neighbors are all secretly Nazis about to go on a lynching spree

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can tell nothing like that will ever happen because of how quickly that narrative got mainstreamed. There are dozens of shows, movies, and books about the very concept.

It’s a useful boogeyman imo. If everyone is afraid of the proud boys and militia morons then they aren’t paying attention to the ever expanding police state where the real threat is. Somehow not at all surprised IHeart and the CIA are paying him to spread the word

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

I agree that the pigs are a much bigger threat but do you believe 3%ers aren’t itching to get in on a pogrom? they definitely want to do mass lynchings. it’s just that that’s the cops’ job and they don’t appreciate competition at the moment

I’m not saying they’re not individually dangerous and I wouldn’t want to have them in my neighborhood. But also they lack any real ability to project power and are completely infiltrated anyway. They’re not a threat on a large scale and if they ever become one it’s because the police state has allowed them to become one

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i dont understand what the hell youre saying

theyre all the same thing and operate together

the proud boys are the police

I’m saying that they’re not an existential threat and wasting time and energy getting in street fights with them accomplishes nothing. I’m also saying fear mongering over militia whack jobs is also misdirecting from the real threat of fascism or whatever should it take over will use the formal structures of the state and federal law enforcement agencies and judiciary

bag em and tag em posted:

Robert regularly talks about how terrible police are, how they're historically and currently deeply rooted in white supremacy, and how they work hand in hand with militia whacko types. He's not doing a CIA smokescreen covering for cops you weirdos.

Lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

you sound like someone whos never been chased down the street by "non-existential threats"

as soon as your style of top down takeover happens who do you think gets the green light? people already have to deal with violence from police and violence from police adjacent "civilian" organizations, stop advocating for those people to stop defending their communities from a present threat

getting into street fights lol you understand they drive around in cara without plates assaulting people right?

I’m not going to start listing out my resume but I’ve been closer to it then most and you and I I’m pretty sure both live in Portland (I recognize you from other threads and have no beef with you or anything, generally consider you a worthy poster). But the reality is what’s coming isn’t a retread of Germany in the 20s/30s, which is what Evans wants to sell. As dangerous as they are on a local level, the proud boys and militia groups are at best a side show. A bit of flair. The real threat is all within the formal government apparatus and there’s just a difference between small fries like the PBs who can and do really hurt people really badly but have absolutely no path to actually wielding any power or making their agenda come to life

What’s coming is different. It’s not going to be fascist Germany. It’s going to be mass incarceration and militarized policing and a judicial system that sanitizes it

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Jul 31, 2022

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i dont disagree with any of this

i just dont think theyre worth completely ignoring because theyre cringe and bigger fish exist. i fully expect the big boot to land on their backs just as soon as theyre no longer useful poors.

I don’t think you should ignore them or anything. I just think it’s a waste of time and energy to work them up as the vanguard of the fascist takeover. They aren’t going to go door to door rounding up undesirables to murder in the street. They mostly want to mob around in chaotic groups doing violence and vandalism and getting in fights because like everyone else in this country there’s no real sense that anything can actually change and material conditions will just continue to decline

What the real fascism or whatever you want to call it (fascism isn’t really right but the word seems to mean general oppressive governance these days) will come from is the systems adapting to deteriorating conditions to enforce a separation between those who are doing well and everyone else and there are still an awful lot of people who are very comfortable. As the in group shrinks more force and violence-always with due process, mind, lol-will be necessary to continue to enforce general inequality. And it’s not going to be an even decline. It’s more going to be that the in group retains their general affluence but more and more people fall out. I expect we’re maybe a few years from incarcerating the homeless but maybe I’m wrong (hope so)

The number of armed security guards in Portland has just ballooned overnight. The buffalo shooting I think was the specific catalyst but it was coming regardless. Love to have armed guards in my overpriced grocery store!

The disservice that evans does is try to sell people that we are on the verge of going the way interwar Germany or Italy went, but the time and the place and the conditions are different, and what we’re in for is different, but poo poo, great way to sell home security systems and cosplay an anarchic revolutionary lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

for every proud boy there are thousands of white women who will call the cops on minorities for existing. its important not to lose perspective of the real threat.

Also yeah - in the aggregate who does more harm?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Uglycat posted:

idc what y'all say, I like him

You also like Mayor Pete so I think we can quickly discount your opinion as entirely worthless

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol, I see these guys at my kroger too. I thought they were originally loss prevention or something but they carry guns and batons.

Lol I went to Harbor Freight to buy a TV mount a few weeks ago and they have armed guards now too lmfao

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

fart simpson posted:

this thread certainly delivers on its promise

I suggest not picturing Robert evans sucking of Michael Tracey to completion

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Weka posted:

Dang you made me do it.

Was it hot?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

That workout in 45 minutes is probably beyond the ability of most elite athletes, let alone some hungover conflict tourist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

He would have to maintain a rate of approximately one push-up/squat/crunch every 2 seconds with zero break time

I’m not calling @IwriteOklahoma a liar except I am because he is