Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JULIA VS PENELOPE 3 3.26%
HANDICAP MATCH 16 17.39%
CEZAR VS PRETTY ORANGE 43 46.74%
ELITE VS ELITE HUNTER, SKELETON AND KING 25 27.17%
CODY AND BROCK VS FACTORY 2 2.17%
CAGE FIGHT 3 3.26%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MMA match was incredibly good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please someone gif Wardlow Superman punching of the cage for everyone who didn't like the MMA match. I just need to know they saw that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

Brock needs to gently caress off promptly and learn how to work. That was the worst debut I’ve seen, outside of the WWE system, off the top of my head. Like Gary the Barn Owl debut in chikara bad.

He was incredibly lost in the first sequence and then got better fast. He has a weird in ring energy that I think he'll eventually turn into a cool swagger. He will just need a lot of dark reps.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He also looked like a natural heel in the ring with the way he moved. If he does end up working heel he can hide his current lack of skills by throwing guys like they're his kids who just woke him up after he came home from the 3rd shift. Easy simple stuff.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Like, Brock looks green but I wouldn't be worried or upset about him because the company knows how to protect green wrestlers. I mean, look at Jade.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm that bitch?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also they're saving her for the new show which is obviously the Cody show because of the fighting EVPs. Rewatch that trailer

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jade
Brock Anderson
Max Caster but the only wrestling move he knows now is the word cuck.

Who you signing for your promotion?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He signed with a farm, sorry

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Brock Lesnar was only a "natural wrestling talent" because he was a college wrestler, which is much easier to transition to fake wrestling than college basketball player, hence she's not going to go in there and be Kurt or Brock bearing a miracle. AR Fox, Mark Henry, and QT Marshall/Cody have guided her and their track records for noticing talent and molding it are pretty good.

The Lesnar comparison is this, some of the best athletes in the history of the world couldn't look like Lesnar no matter their workouts or diet, same goes with Jade, you don't just get to work to look like that it's a god given blessing.

drat so she was born on 3rd base

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think he's doing Cesar Romero's Joker.

Penta says a joke a day keeps the gloom away.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I miss Shao Kahn Mil Muertes. I wonder if AEW has given him a look. He shows up in MLW sometimes.

Just hire Jeff Cobb and Ricky Banderas and have them murder each other. Or make them a beefman tag team, either one is fine.

Ricky Bandaras would be fun but is also do deeply in the territory of things that don't need. But it would give us some funny matches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A card of only NJPW big main event style matches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Did a lot of people just assume that because Kenny and the Bucks were involved that AEW would just be "New Japan but in English" even though that was never really what was promised? I still see people on the internet who are Big Offended that "AEW LIED to us about sports-based presentation" and at this point it seems like they're literally never going to get over it.

Pretty much. Like, I was one of those people. I heard Kenny and the Bucks talk about AEW being sports-based presentation without much explanation and assumed they meant it was going to be similar to NJPW's presentation style. Then about 3 weeks in I realized the guys who grew up with WCW are doing WCW but good and moved on with my life.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Not a hater, just holy poo poo this forum promotes her as a 15 when the scale only goes to 10. She's had like 20 minutes of cumulative screen time over 3 months. Let her happen organically or it's really going to suck if she doesn't live up to everyone's hype.

lmao it's just emf being emf.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I don't care how good she looks, Jade can barely cut a promo by herself yet, let alone carry a blockbuster movie in a major role. It's like when people were clamoring for Glenn Danzig to play Wolverine.

He's the right height!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's the point of the first Black Mirror episode? Man, I don't know about that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The dude has his own thread but someone else also thinks Joey is serious and I'm pretty sure that's Joey's audience here. It's a bad and poorly thought out troll but lmao at the heat it's getting.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Remember when Joey Janela did an entire like saga of "getting a social media manager who died" like it was an ARG.

That was real and I'll be honest I think you should prob yourself for just dismissing that dead social media manager's legacy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

only the most online people know it was Joey. Otherwise it was some rando redneck.

Unless the news snitches out Joey. Which would be pretty funny.

I got bad news about Joey's boss.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The flavor of the gimmick sucked but I'd be into seeing the Bums back as literally anything else.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't know, he seemed really muted before that match even starts. It's either a work or just he's just mad in a "I've got to work with these guys" sort of way.

Or something horrible happened backstage and we need the scoops.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He dates a Flair

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just going to pretend they're reforming team Pazuzu and will get mad when it doesn't happen. I'm excited for everyone to engage with how mad I'll be.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 25, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Like it was less for me that I didn't get the LAX trivia (I didn't watch during the period Santana and Ortiz were in TNA, so LAX will forever be Homicide and Hernandez and Konnan), there was just a weirdly presumptive tone to the entire post where you seem to think things are moving towards something that doesn't even really fit.

Konnan has been associated the Inner Circle his entire time in AEW, and he has the history with Santana and Ortiz. There is nothing there to indicate that this is disengaging the Inner Circle from the story.

Has Pinkie Sanchez done anything particularly wrong, or is it valid to ask "Where's Pinkie Sanchez been?"

No idea what he's doing in ring wise but I think he's the guy who called out the Christian "charity" secretly running a show with Joey Ryan

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oil! posted:

Konnan is also the booker for AAA and no AAA talent has appeared in AEW (Penta, Fenix, and Laredo Kid are all independent wrestlers in Mexico). Being on his good side is a great way to open other forbidden doors and bring in people like Big Mami or Hijo del Vikingo.

DAVE THE CLOWN DAVE THE CLOWN DAVE THE CLOWN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's also often used for heel heat in AEW because it's making you have to win a 20 minute TV match to fight a championship match. Has a challenge won this stipulation in AEW yet?