Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Looking forward to Bezos’ space rocket exploding and “pulling a Bezos” becoming the modern day “hoisted by my own petard”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

do you think bezos has teeny weeny lil nuts from all the steroids he uses to escape his nerdy past

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I just buy what Wirecutter says and they say there are no good Prime Day deals so I don't buy any Prime Day stuff :shrug:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I hope billionaires self funding their own space death is the modern guillotine.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I got 60 bucks off on a ps5 headset, they can piss in bottles forever if it hooks me up with a deal like that

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There are a lot of companies I don't shop at because they're terrible but I can't escape Amazon. Their service/product is just too good. :(

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

epic 2012 username posted:

so is there any non-garbage or

A lot of gaming monitors at pretty good prices, but good luck if you need a new graphics card to run them.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Caesar Saladin posted:

I got 60 bucks off on a ps5 headset, they can piss in bottles forever if it hooks me up with a deal like that

i hope ur mouth is the bottle

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Now that WalMart sells sex toys I have no further need for Amazon.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My Spirit Otter posted:

i hope ur mouth is the bottle

I don't have a PS5 but if I get this deal on a headset are you saying this is still in the cards?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I've heard that Amazon will sell you an entire drum of :airquote: personal lubricant :airquote: Crazy stuff! Can anyone confirm?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tom Gorman posted:

folks there are better options out there. walmart prime exists now and it's

$20/yr cheaper than amazon
much cheaper prices
delivers all groceries
same day delivery

support your local small businesses like walmart and say no to amazon

Fun fact, all you need to get the Student Amazon Prime is access to a .edu email address. Which you can buy on Ebay for $1. Also works for the student rate Amazon Music :smug:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Fun fact, all you need to get the Student Amazon Prime is access to a .edu email address. Which you can buy on Ebay for $1. Also works for the student rate Amazon Music :smug:

That seems immoral.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Always wanted to buy one of those oversized candies just for the hell of it. Maybe today is the day I will buy the giant toblerone.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
80% of the tools I've bought off Amazon break immediately.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oscar Wild posted:

That seems immoral.

Yea, I know I should feel bad for ripping off Jeff Bezos, I put a huge dent in the companies wallet.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Full Metal Jackass posted:

why don't you use the remaining 20% to fix them?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

why don't you use the remaining 20% to fix them?

I haven't used them and scared to break them.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Beffrey Jezos

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
I am a sucker for a good deal. I love buying things when there's a sale. That said, Prime Day gives me a loving headache. It's not worth it when I can use camelcamelcamel year round.

Also, I know this is not a new complaint but I despise searching for products on Amazon and finding nothing but trash with brand names that sound like CSPAM posters coming up with variations on "Trump" or racists making fun of "ethnic" names.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, I know I should feel bad for ripping off Jeff Bezos, I put a huge dent in the companies wallet.

they probably meant buying a hacked email account

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bezos in the big boss office, bare feet on desk, peeing in he own mouth.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
The rice cooker I want isn’t on sale. Well maybe next year.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Every drat time I go to Amazon during these or holiday sales it's just completely filled with the most useless and unwanted poo poo. lovely bluetooth earbuds, cheap jewelry and a gargantuan overflowing mountain of fire tablets and echo speakers.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Buy better brand name tools? :shrug:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Buy better brand name tools? :shrug:

no

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Are they Amazon Basics stuff because yeah much of it is garbage

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:hmmyes: Stick to your guns.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean poo poo even if you went to home depot or whatever your local hardware store is and you buy their bitch rear end house brand stuff it's all gonna suck, I mean christ just pick up like one open ended wrench and it feels like it's made from melted down soda cans that some one sand-casted as a high school shop project and then go pick up some decent name brand one of the same size. This isn't amazons fault that you're dumb.

Guys I'm lookin' at 2 different 65in tvs here, one costs about $399 and the other one is just over $1000 but the pricier one is a Sony and has tons of cool features and a warranty, but man this cheap one is made by 'Flurb' and says "Yes" in the product the description you think this is a great idea???

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 21, 2021

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
What day is Nudie Magazine day?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

I mean poo poo even if you went to home depot or whatever your local hardware store is and you buy their bitch rear end house brand stuff it's all gonna suck, I mean christ just pick up like one open ended wrench and it feels like it's made from melted down soda cans that some one sand-casted as a high school shop project and then go pick up some decent name brand one of the same size. This isn't amazons fault that you're dumb.

Guys I'm lookin' at 2 different 65in tvs here, one costs about $399 and the other one is just over $1000 but the pricier one is a Sony and has tons of cool features and a warranty, but man this cheap one is made by 'Flurb' and says "Yes" in the product the description you think this is a great idea???

Just gotta navigate all the fake reviews and Amazon self-promoted poo poo. Few things I've found that I've wanted, of real quality, actually go on a unique sale. Not going to buy something like a TV from Flurb, but I will roll the dice on a torque wrench with 4.5 star rating. Oh woops got duped by Amazon again.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just gotta navigate all the fake reviews and Amazon self-promoted poo poo. Few things I've found that I've wanted, of real quality, actually go on a unique sale. Not going to buy something like a TV from Flurb, but I will roll the dice on a torque wrench with 4.5 star rating. Oh woops got duped by Amazon again.

You will finally sigh, relent, and go 'alright alright', and buy a set of Craftsmen on Amazon now and when you open the box, with horror you will be greeted by gleaming new Flurbs. All marked handily in Cubit scale.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bonzo posted:

What day is Nudie Magazine day?

I suspect you know about a little thing called the internet. Well you see you can use this thing called the internet to look at all the nudes your mind could ever process in a life time.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Maybe I should pick up some binoculars or an LED flashlight. Hmm, do I want the "Oweenur" or the "Budong"? They look the same except for the silk screening. Or maybe this one where the reviews are all for some kind of dog biscuit?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

I suspect you know about a little thing called the internet. Well you see you can use this thing called the internet to look at all the nudes your mind could ever process in a life time.

Hello Rick from Nudeweb

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Honestly it's brilliant, flood Amazon's store with 1000 listings of the same crappy plastic product with randomly generated brand names and sell them out of a single factory. No one will be able to find alternative brands other than yours.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Its literally all trash. Arguably some bose headphones could be construed as a deal but thats it./

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Is there an iPhone charging cable that is actually reliable and doesn’t break with a Prime Day deal?

I can’t find any information/articles about the most reliable ones that I can depend on. There’s tons of articles, but they must be making stuff up, because when I search for that cable, and look at the ratings, there are a handful of recent one-star complaining about it breaking after a month of use, catching on fire, or something. I know it’s probably just reality that I’ll need to keep buying charging cables, but do quality ones actually exist?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Without looking it up or reverse searching what do you think this amazing Amazon prime deal is for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Colon warmer.