Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Will Smith is complete garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Dodgers/Padres is some real fun baseball as a neutral observer

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Well I will take the win but that's hardly satisfying

"hey dude now that we took your tack away you think you can throw this wet ball?"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

OH poo poo RILEY

No double play on review. Alonso got back in.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

I can't imagine they finish this game, that's a ton of rain

e: lol the rain mostly stops the second I hit submit

I guess I'm behind you because what in the gently caress it's like someone turned off a faucet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs are such a loving rollercoaster this year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ok I want the no hitter as much as anyone but call this game, it's 7-0 in the 8th and it's the Orioles

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Padres bat around in the 1st

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the Astros fan who looks like Ron Swanson wearing his mask on his head to shield himself from the rain

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

lol the Astros fan who looks like Ron Swanson wearing his mask on his head to shield himself from the rain

its the honey butter chicken biscuit whataburger shirt that puts it over the top

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Whataburger jersey is just the icing on the cake

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Oh I didn't realize MLB TV observed blackout rules, so much for getting to watch it legally for free

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The hell was all of that?

Anyway Acuña singlehandedly won two games in two days (never mind the Braves lost two others)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This is ridiculous, call the game

e: and the tarp comes out

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's too bad we couldn't get the baseball version of that one punt but yes this is ridiculous

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Intruder posted:

Ok I want the no hitter as much as anyone but call this game, it's 7-0 in the 8th and it's the Orioles

I wouldn't be at all mad if the O's bunted a guy on in the last two innings.

The pitchers can't hold on to the ball, batters are drying their bats off between their legs between pitches, the left side of the infield is a puddle.

They just pulled the tarp and whoever was on the hill for the Orioles was giving an umpire a whole mouthful and rightfully so.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Chief McHeath posted:

I wouldn't be at all mad if the O's bunted a guy on in the last two innings.
I wouldn't either as long as it was legitimately attempting to win.

I wouldn't be at all mad if they called the game either the infield was looking like it'd become a swamp any second.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If they had kept the game going to try to preserve the nono I wouldn't have been mad at the O's for bunting either, just get them to call the game so no one gets hurt

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

R.D. Mangles posted:

the cubs are such a loving rollercoaster this year

:yeah:

gotta love them getting the leadoff hitter on five innings in a row and not scoring at all

also Ross pulling one of their only offensive weapons in a one-run game to "prove a point"

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

No Safe Word posted:

I wouldn't either as long as it was legitimately attempting to win.

I wouldn't be at all mad if they called the game either the infield was looking like it'd become a swamp any second.

Getting a runner on base increases your chance of scoring runs :smuggo:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yu Darvish is pretty good

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yu Darvish is pretty good

Lots of K’s so far

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

7 straight strikeouts. golly.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

how is the tarp off the field looks like poo poo

e: lol they're going to finish this game

hopefully no one gets hurt

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 22, 2021

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

All things considered it's better than I would have guessed, frankly but yeah it ain't great

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

That's gotta be super weird to go up to the plate, see one pitch and take a walk off of it

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Good grief, Turner is 0 for 10 with 8 Ks against Darvish

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

uncle mike killed that

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

hot take: Michael Brantley is good at hitting

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

damnit cubs score a run I got a joke to make

We may never hear this joke

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

oof, thank god for modern helmets

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Intruder posted:

e: lol they're going to finish this game

hopefully no one gets hurt

In college I worked a bit in event management at a DI school, and had to moonlight as a tarp guy or dirt spreader occasionally. The stuff they pour all over a really wet field like that is a kind of baked clay. From what I saw, when that stuff gets raked into the wet dirt, it'll dry out the top so you can play on it, but if it's soaked enough, just under the surface it's like raw dough. Then by the next morning there's been enough desiccation that the whole thing is loving hard, and the grounds crew has to dig up and rake out the whole thing while watering it.

I'm sure field turf technology has advanced since then, but getting that infield right for tomorrow's game won't be easy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was waiting for the next pitch after angel hernandez blew the strike 3 call to be the hit that broke it up

e: ok two pitches later lol, same batter

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

welp Bielak did get robbed earlier but he served that one up

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
well i can go to sleep now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

welp Bielak did get robbed earlier but he served that one up

well you see

bielak isn't good

dusty showed he didn't care much about getting the no hitter when he put him in

e: honestly dusty's bullpen management has been abysmal. he's using guys who are terrible based on how they did in tiny sample sizes last season

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 22, 2021

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I am very glad to see that Tatis tweaking his shoulder on Saturday hasn't stopped him from being El Niño

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Johnny Bravo posted:

Dodgers/Padres is some real fun baseball as a neutral observer

I'm glad that this is true because the Padres were in a terrible slump. It was hard to watch.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Arizona has the lead going into the 8th :o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

well you see

bielak isn't good

dusty showed he didn't care much about getting the no hitter when he put him in

e: honestly dusty's bullpen management has been abysmal. he's using guys who are terrible based on how they did in tiny sample sizes last season

idk putting in our worst guy when we're up double digits against one of the worst teams in the majors seems like pretty good bullpen management frankly