Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

now thats what i call osint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

when is putin gonna give this bitch havana syndrome

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Suspicious posted:

so many people got banned rightfully making fun of grover. why was he ever a mod? oh right he posted a lot about the military, therefore he must know what he's talking about

How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
Will Saddam be killed? Yes
Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years
Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Couldn't CNN/MSNBC/NYT do the same thing and reach a much wider audience? I could ask practically everyone I know and I strongly doubt any of them have heard of Bellingcat. You can't manufacture consent if no one's paying attention. Maybe I'm just not aware of their audience, but it seems to me to consist of extremely online skeptics, like us

belingcat is for people who might distrust establishment media. belingcat is citizen journalism! its open source! you can definitely trust it! nevermind the funding from the atlantic council and the brazilian federal police.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Hedenius posted:

And as soon as you check where these places get their funding it's clear why Bellingcat are always careful to note that they don't accept funding DIRECTLY from national governments.

:thunk: