Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

What's weird is The Big Sandy Shoot, an event where machine gun collectors just shoot their machine guns for days on end, strictly prohibits anyone from carrying personal guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

PinheadSlim posted:

What's weird is The Big Sandy Shoot, an event where machine gun collectors just shoot their machine guns for days on end, strictly prohibits anyone from carrying personal guns.

I just don’t get guns. If I could fire an RPG that would rule, but I don’t see that happening in this country, let alone in my area code. Shooting bullets is either super boring or everybody but me knows why it’s fun.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

They bring everything from little submachine pistols to actual tanks with firing cannons. They fly drones across the range occasionally for people to try to shoot down and at night they fire off thousands of tracer rounds and explosives to create as big a light show as they can muster. It's nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EUmQ719wy0

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

They bring everything from little submachine pistols to actual tanks with firing cannons. They fly drones across the range occasionally for people to try to shoot down and at night they fire off thousands of tracer rounds and explosives to create as big a light show as they can muster. It's nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EUmQ719wy0

So you’re saying I might be able to fire an RPG at an old tank? What about a helicopter?

Edit: holy poo poo that video is an instant migraine

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sell “VIP” tickets that allow you to bring a cooler or something

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What are they gonna do next? Make people buy drinks at the stadium? Put a giant talking adolf Hitler head in the middle of the speedway that spouts out the wine list on loop at 105dB during the whole race? And the wine isn’t even chilled, it’s actually a little warm by the time it gets to you? They are slowly phasing this poo poo in and people are COMPLACENT by lack of VIOLENT PROTEST! :catstare:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What are they gonna do next? Make people buy drinks at the stadium? Put a giant talking adolf Hitler head in the middle of the speedway that spouts out the wine list on loop at 105dB during the whole race? And the wine isn’t even chilled, it’s actually a little warm by the time it gets to you? They are slowly phasing this poo poo in and people are COMPLACENT by lack of VIOLENT PROTEST! :catstare:

Please answer my question. I don’t think it was in this thread so please just tell me who that is in your avatar, I assed about it in another thread. Well I hope you answer cause I’m like unable to stay awake, have a great morning, bedtime for nigma.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Please answer my question. I don’t think it was in this thread so please just tell me who that is in your avatar, I assed about it in another thread. Well I hope you answer cause I’m like unable to stay awake, have a great morning, bedtime for nigma.

Thats Dodney Rangerfield.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No, you have to drink coffee and at least watch back to school to the scene where he’s holding books up in front of the dudes face in the shower and pouring coffee down his throat while he’s cramming for exams.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
I think the funniest loving poo poo i ever saw was god drat nascar drivers embracing sim racing as an alternative to being on the track during the pandemic. I mean at that point *gently caress it* Put them in the stupid Fanatec setups again, and turn off the rules. Let em get as aggressive as possible, and lets have a real fun time, give everyone what they want, and no one gets hurt or has to sit their rear end in the texas heat to listen to the most aggravating example of the doppler effect in the world.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I can’t think of any other event off the top of my head from baseball games to county fairs that allows coolers. Sounds like these big tough Texans need to shut their baby bottle suckin mouths if you ask me.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
What if I put electricity in the cooler? Will Texas be mad at me then? Or will they carry me in their shoulders like some sort of Ted Nugent?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I can’t think of any other event off the top of my head from baseball games to county fairs that allows coolers. Sounds like these big tough Texans need to shut their baby bottle suckin mouths if you ask me.

Boat races and such, though admittedly the venue for most of those is basically waterside public parks.

Same with fireworks displays.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

motorsports is boring without at least a moderate chance to die in a fiery wreck

there i said it :colbert:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
is there some kind of new 'thing' that Texas is the place to be for bitcoin mining or something? i've seen it brought up a few times but I just figured it was people making fun of our idiot governor's posts about HEB and bitcoins, opposed to anything real.

other states have lower electrical rates so i have no idea why on earth you would want to mine bitcoins in Texas. of course everything involving bitcoin is stupid as gently caress so i guess that shouldn't matter

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Captain Beans posted:

is there some kind of new 'thing' that Texas is the place to be for bitcoin mining or something? i've seen it brought up a few times but I just figured it was people making fun of our idiot governor's posts about HEB and bitcoins, opposed to anything real.

other states have lower electrical rates so i have no idea why on earth you would want to mine bitcoins in Texas. of course everything involving bitcoin is stupid as gently caress so i guess that shouldn't matter

You must be explaining it wrong. It cannot be that stupid.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

EorayMel posted:

You must be explaining it wrong. It cannot be that stupid.

after 2020 i don't think i can ever again say "it cannot be that stupid". it can always be more stupid, 100000x

edit: looks like the average kw/hr cost in Texas is 11.36¢ / kWh for last month, average of 11.49¢ per kWh for all of 2020. maybe if you commit to the huge use plans you could knock it down 1-2 cents, so lets say its about 9/kWh. all the bitcoin mining forums and blogs i can find use assumptions of for power cost at like 6 cents or less to breakeven (depends on bitcoin value as well).

how the gently caress does anyone make money on mining unless you steal electricity?

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 22, 2021

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Captain Beans posted:

Texas is attempting to set itself up as a new California but for more conservative types. Tons of people have pulled up roots from California and moved to Texas especially since Covid. No idea if it confers any actual advantages though aside from feeling 'more free' then California.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Tarkus posted:

Texas is attempting to set itself up as a new California but for more conservative types. Tons of people have pulled up roots from California and moved to Texas especially since Covid. No idea if it confers any actual advantages though aside from feeling 'more free' then California.

No estate tax in texas etc etc. I found this out when a bunch of youtubers / internet people i followed mass exodus'd to Texas a few years ago for tax reasons. Its basically a big tax haven with internet infrastructure. Cause deregulation.

With the huge uptick on our grid, our grid being isolated from the national grid/under supported with any sort of real mandate to update it enough to handle the influx of people, and climate change, Blam, im expecting the entire thing to completely fold this summer and texas to turn into the movie Dawn of the Dead except its just texans, living texans, eating texans.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Because it is

Eh, I can't say I've been enthralled by the same guy easily winning 90% of all the races for the past seven years. But the lack of branding comparative to NASCAR is definitely welcome.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Back in 2001 and I was in high school I was playing Quake 3 all afternoon at my friend's house, and we kept dominating this guy named Dale Earnhardt. Like, it really stood out. Just complete domination.

The next morning I'm getting driven home and find out that Dale Earnhardt died from a crash around the same time this was all going down. We did this. We killed #3. Turn left Dale....NOOOOOOOOOooooo!!!!

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 22, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also OP didn't link to this kickass nascar goldmine thread. gently caress you op bitch :redass:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3606300

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Tarkus posted:

the actual advantages seem to be basically gone now, we have no state income tax but property taxes are high as hell. land/houses used to be cheap as gently caress but now its in full on mania. in DFW houses sell for 20% over list price, one day sales with 30 offers, sight unseen, no inspection, everything waived ect. 500k for a 2k sqft house built in 1985.

all the companies who thought they could relocate all their workforce to Texas for cheap are hosed unless they are already here
edit: well the companies are not hosed, but their employees are gonna be hosed if they are forced to move here

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 22, 2021

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Captain Beans posted:

the actual advantages seem to be basically gone now, we have no state income tax but property taxes are high as hell. land/houses used to be cheap as gently caress but now its in full on mania. in DFW houses sell for 20% over list price, one day sales with 30 offers, sight unseen, no inspection, everything waived ect. 500k for a 2k sqft house built in 1985.

all the companies who thought they could relocate all their workforce to Texas for cheap are hosed unless they are already here

yeah itd be nice if these fuckers didnt suddenly boom town where i live. Id like to still afford to live here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EorayMel posted:

Also OP didn't link to this kickass nascar goldmine thread. gently caress you op bitch :redass:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3606300

I aint here to support FUCKIN NASCAR

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
Everybody keeps saying the texas grid will poo poo the bed this summer but doesn't an air conditioner use like a fifth the electricity of an electric heater since it's a heat pump?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Novo posted:

Everybody keeps saying the texas grid will poo poo the bed this summer but doesn't an air conditioner use like a fifth the electricity of an electric heater since it's a heat pump?

Everything is bigger in Texas.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Novo posted:

ya know how you typically turn off your a/c at night because the temp drops to a more livable standard?

in texas, the summer nights are 80-90f and humid

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Simple solution: coolers are allowed, but can only be filled with guns and ammunition. Everyone at the race is required to bring a gun for entry.

When the green flag drops, everyone has to fire their gun at other spectators. Last person standing gets to pick the winner of the race which is never actually run.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh hey guys it’s free ascot day at the motor speedway, we should all show up early before they run out! :gay: :sparkles:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oh hey guys it’s free ascot day at the motor speedway, we should all show up early before they run out! :gay: :sparkles:

Yay my speed racer body pillow will look so handsome

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Texans are the dumbest people I've met in my entire life. By far. From anywhere. And not just a one off thing. At least 20+ of them just absolute painfully dumb. I still am sort of in disbelief. How could so many people be so stupid but all come from the same geographical region? But I saw it with my own eyes.

Coolers isn't their problem. Grade school education is.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Texans are the dumbest people I've met in my entire life. By far. From anywhere. And not just a one off thing. At least 20+ of them just absolute painfully dumb. I still am sort of in disbelief. How could so many people be so stupid but all come from the same geographical region? But I saw it with my own eyes.

So, Texans are deer?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

EorayMel posted:

So, Texans are deer?

I don’t think deer are the way they are due to a lack of education.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

The dumbest person I've ever known is a Texan and it was literally traumatic for me to realize slowly over a period of years how deep the dumb goes. I am still processing it to this day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You can eat deer. They have a use.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You can eat deer. They have a use.

And depending who you ask, you can also eat Texans :smugbird:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EorayMel posted:

And depending who you ask, you can also eat Texans :smugbird:

Too much cholesterol.

Also, the fattest people, on average, that I've ever seen was in San Antonio. Holy poo poo. Everyone was fat. Not like, eh they could lose a few pounds. But like, they're pre-diabetic. The average ones. Even the children. All grotesquely obese.

And I'm from Wisconsin.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Too much cholesterol.

Also, the fattest people, on average, that I've ever seen was in San Antonio. Holy poo poo. Everyone was fat. Not like, eh they could lose a few pounds. But like, they're pre-diabetic. The average ones. Even the children. All grotesquely obese.

And I'm from Wisconsin.

Lol we fats call Milwaukee the promised land, so San Antonio must be pretty fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Sounds like Obese Animal is from San Antonio

Only registered members can see post attachments!