Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Sure, I'd be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Also for the record I would like to be the first to request the Mandatory Trope in exchange for a bonus point.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Mine's in, who else has pulled the trigger?

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

JMBosch posted:

Same. A few moments of furious and passionate writing of what seems like a great idea.

Now to sit in the imposter syndrome and self-doubt.
Yeah, I feel you, but hey, it's round one. Doesn't have to be pretty or good, just has to be done.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

I think I'm gonna pick #3.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Not familiar with 2400, do tell.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Is the deadline tomorrow into midnight Sunday or the end of the 25th.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

I should work on this.

[doesn't]

The ideas are there but it's a matter of trepanning and putting fingers to keys.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

same, friend

same

oh good lord I'm done for
Thankfully I'd been noodling around with it for a few hours over a few days since the second round began so it turned out I had everything well in hand to just actually put it all together and trim some words down to fit. Just put on some music and gently caress around, you can get it done, I'd been stressing myself out and staring at the clock for nothing.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Should've named mine. Oh well.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Zurui posted:

I'll gladly change it if you come up with a name!
Nah, it's the new owner's problem now.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Are we allowed to pick something we've had a hand in to begin with?

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

I'll gently caress around and work on MAGICON.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

I was inspired more by William S. Burroughs and Phillip K. Dick than Extreme Meatpunks but also do whatever you think feels right.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

By hook or by crook I'll be done with this entry come Sunday. It's not gonna be pretty but it'll be done. Layout is a hell of a thing I have trouble getting a handle on or making look good because I just do everything in Word.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Done. First one of these I've ever done and happy I got it done a day earlier. This was a good experience of figuring out how to pace myself and chip away at something to make a complete game, but wow did it help that I kept getting other people's stuff or prompts to work off of instead of making it all from scratch.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Zurui posted:

Y'all have turned in some amazing stuff and it sounds like there's till more cooking!

pre:
DalaranJ	Sćhrímnir
JMBosch		Tempo City Dreams
Hostile V	MAGICON
LaSquida	Shadow of the Moon Wizard
Antivehicular	In the Court of the Invisible King
Lux Animus	Skeleton Justice Warriors - Wizards Must Die!
Let me know if I missed anyone.

In the interest of encouraging fun, creativity, and goodwill, I will be extending the contest for another week. You have until the end of next Sunday, 22 August, to get your final finished really-for-real-complete version of your game in. Formatting is not important but all other forms of content are! Also, as mentioned before, there is no word limit so if you need 2000 words to have playbooks or classes or random generation tables loving rock out.
(you might wanna take our emails out of that signup sheet)

Hostile V fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 16, 2021

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Zurui posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo wrong link

I've changed it so there's no access to that sheet. Will you please edit it out in your quote as well?
No worries.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

How's y'alls entries coming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Mine was Card-Based Resolution System, followed by Step-Die Resolution System, followed by MAGI-CON.