Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

Welp. I guess I'm doing this.

Hello everyone, my name is Lukas and I'm bringing to you an utter abomination of a mod game that may or may not still be running when you read this.

This is my god. He sucks.

Dominions 5 is normally a game about gods fighting over magical chairs they can use to rewrite reality. This is not that Dominions 5. This is a game about modded nations fighting their own awful code on one of the worst maps to grace the modding community, and the winner is whoever survives through burnout and bullshit to sit their rear end on a majority of the chairs.

That's.. probably not going to be me.

I'm playing the Regular Army, a gimmick/joke nation made and themed around the protagonists of the metal slug games. Everyone else is playing bees, cats, dwarves, or some sort of cthullu-minotaur underwater abominations. And we're all going to be locked in a phone booth on one of the most infamous maps the random generator spat out.

Joy.

We've had many, many LPs of various dominions games on the forum at this point, so I won't be going to deep into the details. This is only my fourth actual multiplayer game of Dominions 5, and is currently ongoing. I started writing from the beginning, and this thread was posted while turn 28 was in progress.

Updates will be Monday/Wednesday/Friday, with bonus posts intermittently if I have something good for them.

Now buckle up, this is going to be wild and ever-so-slightly bizarre.

Gonadic IO posted:

You may have heard that one of the strengths of Dominions 5 is how easy it is for anybody to make a mod and this is a showcase of 10 of them. The downside of dominions modding is how easy it is for anybody to make a mod. Balance? Tone? Theme? All entirely gone.

But hey, it could be worse. At least there aren't any rocks here.

Old LPs

Pelagia, by Ramc (also starring in this game!)
Clowns, by Gonadic IO

Dominions 5 Games Thread on SA

TURNS

Turn 1
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4
Turn 5
Turn 6
Turn 7
Turn 8
Turn 9
Turn 10
Turn 11
Turn 12
Turn 13
Turn 14
Turn 15
Turn 16
Turn 17
Turn 18
Turn 19
Turn 20
Turn 21
Turn 22
Turn 23
Turn 24
Turn 25
Turn 26
Turn 27
Turn 28
Turn 29
Turn 30
Turn 31
Turn 32
Turn 33
Turn 34
Turn 35
Turn 36
Turn 37
Turn 38
Turn 39
Turn 40

Bonus
My God and shenanigans
Vespika Overview, by Purple
Early Prophet opinions
Swarmhive overview, by Tagichatn
Popkill overview, by Purple
Nation summaries
Mod PD Analysis
Dedarag Overview
Turn 30.5 diplomacy
Threats and Diplomacy and Graphs

Q&A
Q:What's the spoiler policy?

A:No. Don't. Please. If you want to talk about what's going on as of the last turn posted elsewhere feel free, but tag anything that's going too far ahead or that I haven't discussed. Please don't jump ahead, Even in tags. If you want to discuss events that I'm not aware of at this point in time in the LP, feel free to tag but be aware I'll probably read them.

Q:What mods were used?

A: I'm honestly not too sure. GonadicIO's Domingler tool let us combine them all, but I'll try to credit mod creators when their mod comes up.

My mod was made by BaronOhShi, and is part of a modpack featuring four metal slug nations.

Q: Who else is in this game?

A: A whole lot of people. I'll mention them as they become relevant to me but if they want to poke their heads in that's totally fine.

Q: Twee?

A: That's the map. It was first popularised after being spat out in the Dominions 4 era, and updated to Dom5 after popular demand. It's atrocious in many ways, but from what I've heard was technically improved in the jump to Dom5. But that image doesn't really do the sheer awful justice.

Q: What Nations are in the game?

In order: Melodiana, Cassia (EA), Cassia (MA), Lemnos, Swarmhive, Oceania (LA), Shambhala, Ryugo-Jo, Vespika, Regular Army, New Republic, and Dedarag. More context as we meet each one.

LukasR23 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Cool stuff people have inflicted upon me

FrankenFreak just wants to believe.

BaronOhShi doesn't like wizards.

A rogue typo turned the jedi order into bees, and we're all sad it's not canon. Credit to Araganzar.

LukasR23 fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Aug 3, 2021

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Twee is a good map OP.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Starting off with a double turn, because I lost my turn 1 due to unfortunate circumstances like 'I didn't plan this far ahead'. Every future turn has been backed up though, so I can go back and grab things if it turns out I missed something important.

I will not be removing early me's stupid opinions, though I will be correcting anything that's outright wrong.

Turn 1
No screenshots of the turn itself here, but turn 1 always gives a unique event.This might be a bit of a mess, as I only decided to actually write this up on turn two. All you're missing is the 'GOD IS MISSING' messages that literally every other LP shows off. I do get one unique event, though!

As the Regular army doesn't have any 'conventional' recruits or commanders and you're not allowed to have a custom-built god, you're instead given two unique commanders on turn 2. I like this, as it also discourages me from doing something dumb like running my unique units into sixty barbarians.

This occupies your first turn of research from your god, but considering the HQ has a grand total of six RP, I don’t really care. I’ve gone with ‘accept’ for this game, because I like Fio and Eri’s starting equipment sets slightly more. And speaking of defaults, it’s time to showcase the starting army!

One massive truck with 20-odd professional soldiers in it. The FCV loses 20% of its maximum HP every turn it’s not in my capital, but auto-sets the PD in whatever province it visits to 3. It’ll occasionally generate another one of these soldiers too, whcih is nice because they’re pretty hardcore.

Future note: It increases the PD by 3, up to a max of 19. That's what I get for not reading the full tooltip. It also summons multiple.

Oh, and it’s technically tagged as female. More on that later.

That rifle has three 13 damage Armor Piercing attacks, and gets 10 shots before he runs dry. Sadly I don’t have flaming arrows access (yet) or they’d be completely absurd, but as it is these guys are a fantastic defensive force that can melt almost any normal unit in a few rounds of fire. With one problem.

Nothing I can recruit except the FCV has leadership.

This is incredibly important, and applies to a lot of things with the Regular army. Outside of early expansion, you’re pretty much 100% reliant on thugs (and metal slugs later, but that’s for much later). Defensively I can have real armies, but they’re not going anywhere except maybe a province or two around a fort. Which is a shame, because their attacks ignore 60% of enemy protection and they'll rip through even ulmish troops without much problem.

The generic scout has a few nice perks, with an innate stealth of 75 and spying to boot. I think they can wear all the same gear as my later units, but frankly I see no reason to ever equip one except maybe as a delivery service. Which is also rendered irrelevant by another unique recruit.

Turn 1 recruitment is fairly boring, because my scales are hosed and I get a grand total of 10 resources to play with. One single chaff soldier, and beginning the recruitment of my first unique commander!

She’s DEFINITELY not a combat unit. 50 research is a nice starting point, and each construction level has a unique forge to up her research even further. I get two of these, and they’re my first pick so I can actually do things with my unique units and forges. Also she's immune to drain, having a 'set' research value of 50 no matter what my scales are.

I also picked up one of these recruitables. Defense force recruits aren’t as good as the Soldiers, but they still get a single 16AP shot and have a patrol bonus. Nice to have around but only good if massed. I won’t be building many of these in my capital, but having a couple around early on will make things a bit nicer and maybe dissuade anyone who rushes my capital.

Now I just need to decide what to name my prophet. I can do it to the scout to have a useful dominion spreader and smite supporter, or the FCV for some early combat assistance. For now I prefer the FCV, but that still leaves the name...

Perfect.

Bonus: Capital site

I've referenced this a few times but never posted it. My scales are actually Turmoil 3/Sloth 3/Cold 3/Death 3/Mis 3/Drain 3, but most of those get reset by this. It just takes a while to equialise.

if someone else takes it, most of this stops working for obvious reasons.

LukasR23 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 2, 2021

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Turn 2 - S.P.A.R.R.O.W.S

Prophets! Lots and lots of prophets - I'll be writing up a bonus post for all of those. Plus one entirely expected event, featuring my first two real units. But first, the map!

Welcome to twee. I hate it. Also say hello to our closest neighbour, A strong lesbian energy played by JonJoe. I’ll break them down at some point, but any and all impressions are liable to be very wrong. Suffice to say, the fact he's in this game means somebody is getting rushed and if he wasn't in the water having him near me would be slightly terrifying.

(Also he showed up here before I'd even finished posting these. drat you, Jonjoe!)

Back to events!

We now have actual units who can travel into the world without dying of homesickness. Fio and Eri have joined the party, and short of a soul slay nothing is going to stop them until the end of the game. Hopefully.

Both of them come with a whole mess of keywords, one unique item (Fio is getting the outpost kit for now to make up for her lack of real ranged weapon) and a free Heroic Ability. Fio has Magic Resistance, Eri has Protection. Otherwise, they’re… mostly identical? Eri can promote to get a temporary secondshape, but she’ll lose it upon ‘death’ and have to get it back again through killing things. 5 points of resistance to fire/cold/shock, Invulnerable 10 to non-magic weapons, 3 month immortality - which in practice is a respawn timer, recuperation, and 50% reform - which is just a flat out respawn chance after being killed. Although if either of them reform their gear is lost, so.. Eh. My bless is entirely useless for the time being due to my forced god, but the rest all adds up to a pretty tasty unit chassis that’s just waiting to be decked out in ridiculous gear.

Speaking of gear. Construction 2 to actually make this, but it’s decent enough for an early weapon. Got to be careful with it, because chaining does not care about what side the unit it’s chaining to is on. She’ll throw out a few shots with this, then run into melee and start chewing through whatever isn’t already routed.

The Medal of Service is a great early-game protective item, as cavalry among others do more than enough damage to just flat out kill an unarmoured infantry. I’ll probably be making a lot of these as the main four repeatedly die in the line of duty.

My income is currently pretty hellish, but that’ll clear up quickly. Both my prophet-RV and Fio/Eri are going to ruin the day of these druids, assuming everything goes to plan. This isn’t the ‘easiest’ province to target, but it’’s the one I’m most confident I can wipe out with minimal attrition. The horse tribe to the east are liable to screw me with lances, and the tiny province to the south is technically over a river - I’d be more confident if I used either a geared-out hero or one of the generics (more on those later once I start recruiting them) to clear it solo, but for now everyone is staying grouped until I get a better feel for who can do what.

Recruitment is once again fairly simple:

Couple of recruits, queuing up the second AI, and generally just getting things online before I can get the ball rolling properly. Nothing too special in the scripting yet, just putting the generic crew out in front so they can get shot instead of somehow hitting Fio and Eri in the back. Not a huge concern yet, but something to keep in mind whenever I bring soldiers alongside my more combat-focused commanders. Friendly fire isn't friendly at all, but it is a depressingly regular occurence with ranged units in Dominions.

Next time: Actual combat! Technically.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016
Dominions LPs are awesome. You are a good gamer for doing one.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

*inserts coin*

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
An ominous buzzing is audible from everywhere at once

Hi there, it's me, PurpleXVI, well-known player of extreme virtue, playing extremely friendly nation Vespika for this game! Now, what's Vespika, you might ask? Why only a super cool nation that you'll love to be friends with!

You know blood magic, and you know Caelum, now imagine if Caelum was a blood magic nation where almost every single unit was an angry berserker with four arms! Cool, right?

Their downside is that they're very hungry and starve easily in low-supply provinces and can't recruit indies. You're stuck with the paths you start with, making your god's paths even more important.

The most attention-grabbing thing about them is probably their Ichor-Blessed, cap-only berserkers with four hefty attacks per round, mild regeneration and who explode into an angry blood elemental on death. Just imagine it, anything that buffs their attacks, whether it be a weapon bless or a strength bless, gets quadruple returns. Their only downside is that they need undead leadership to be ordered around but, ha ha, guess who has a lot of blood mages for just such an eventuality!

Charnel Berserkers are their "gently caress this one guy in particular"-anywhere sacreds, just in case you really wanted to make sure you got a decent return on your bless.

Clipwing Guards are their only non-flying unit and thus I'll probably never produce a single one, because why compromise the mobility of the hungering swarm? Ha ha, just a little joke there, the only thing Vespika hungers for is friendship.

Hive Warriors and Hive Butchers are Vespika's frontline infantry, cheap and hard-hitting with multiple attacks and, as always, berserk, lots of berserk. Because they get so angry when someone won't be their friend.

Ichor Queens and Iron Queens are Vespika's two thuggy four-rec commanders, with the Ichor Queens being H3, something that makes them very mobile in case they should decide to do something like a throne rush. One thing that's worth nothing on the Iron Queen and, in fact, all of Vespika's Earth mages, is that they have a hefty helping of castle defender. A fort held by a research swarm of their lesser Earth mages can be very hard to crack open.

Your alternatives to oodles of fort defense is Gale Watchers, which are probably better as actual combat mages than Ferromancers, and Hive Cultists which are just generally useful, though probably going to be in short supply since they provide a notably worse return on investment in terms of research than the other two.

Iron-Blessed are an odd duck, clearly designed for thuggery and with the slots to bear it out. With four hand slots, a decent selection of brands could make them very scary for mobs, and you'd still have a slot left over to terrify hostile thugs. Their main weakness is that, as with all Vespikans, they have no torso slot and their protection isn't super high. They're also dumb as a box of rocks with a concussion and really only good for fighting.

Lastly, Vespika has Drone Cenobites which serve little purpose when you can recruit Hive Cultists instead.

Then, of course, there's the issue of picking a PG. Vespika has almost zero access to vanilla PG's except for the blood fountain, bleeding statue and the lady with the two snake heads instead of one human head. Instead, they have three unique PG options.

Between her Recuperation and good basic stats, the Heart-Eater Queen is very tempting as an awake PG to go out and, well, eat hearts. Pretty uncomplicated as she goes.

The Warden of the Distant Prison, meanwhile, comes with a fat load of fear, dominion immortality and two paths that Vespika doesn't have natively(fire and astral), making her also a quite solid choice. She also has a torso slot, so one turn spent forging some cheap suit of armor and she's almost a solid thug on her own.

Still, I decided, from previous experience, that Vespika really wants decent scales so they can produce as many troops as possible to visit as many friends as possible with friendly greetings, thus I picked instead...

The Spirit of Hunger, Vespika's dom 1 option, told her to take a nap and then cranked up the scales and hammered together a non-awake bless. Production stays neutral because Ferromancers also have a production bonus that'll help ameliorate it and, in any case, Vespika's troops aren't super expensive in terms of Rec and Resources, only the Ichor-Blessed are notably expensive. Mind you, another reason to have a good bless on Vespika is their national spells. They have no national items, but a few national spells for fun times.

Bloodflies are a combat summon, kind of like Imps but weaker yet more numerous. Great for annoying someone by breaking their scripting on turn 1.

Mandiratoxes are troop summons that are like someone glued two Ichor-Blessed together and made them angrier, plus they have magic weapons which is useful against ethereal modnation bullshit that I absolutely should have predicted I'd end up dealing with. They're of course also sacred.

Asilidars are an interesting summon I probably won't create many of, their only trick is that they count as Blood 4 for the purpose of blood hunting, but being only Blood 1 and not really thuggable, they're not very useful militarily, so I think I'd frankly rather produce Hive Cultists and Sanguine Dowsing Rods to bump them up to effective Blood 3, so my blood slaves can be used for purposes more related to spreading friendship across the face of the world. They're also sacred.

The apex national spell is calling forth an Omniphagus, as per the name, one of their fun tricks is shovelling an entire square of enemies into their mouth per turn, aside from which they're just a fun surprise to drop into the enemy back lines, perhaps after they cast Damage Reversal and after passing them a ring of regeneration to make them even harder to deal with.

I look forward to meeting the certainly super neighbourly Regular Army in-game. :)

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Thanks, purple! I wasn't expecting a full overview, and I definitely wasn't expecting your god. But I appreciate it all the same, and probably won't use this knowledge against you at some unforseen future time!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The queens have mason too, don't forget about that. I think Vespika are one of the more obvious nations that are just simply way better than vanilla power level.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

gonadic io posted:

The queens have mason too, don't forget about that. I think Vespika are one of the more obvious nations that are just simply way better than vanilla power level.

I'd disagree a bit about characterizing them as "simply better than vanilla." They lack a couple of important paths, Fire and Astral, and due to their foreignrec limits they have no way to break into them outside of expensive empowers or a PG that can summon more casters of the same time. Their huge supply requirements per-unit also start hurting them a lot as things move towards the midgame and armies start getting larger.

And while not as fragile as Caelians, they don't exactly have Ulmish armor, meaning that large numbers of low-damage enemies are actually reasonably scary for them.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

PurpleXVI posted:

I'd disagree a bit about characterizing them as "simply better than vanilla." They lack a couple of important paths, Fire and Astral, and due to their foreignrec limits they have no way to break into them outside of expensive empowers or a PG that can summon more casters of the same time. Their huge supply requirements per-unit also start hurting them a lot as things move towards the midgame and armies start getting larger.

And while not as fragile as Caelians, they don't exactly have Ulmish armor, meaning that large numbers of low-damage enemies are actually reasonably scary for them.

Or thrones. Throne recruitment ignores foreignrec limits.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
For those following along who don't play dominions: the battlefield is made of squares. A total size of 6 can fit into a square. The largest giants are size 6, the average human is size 2 and usually has one attack, so with most normal units you'll get 3 attacks per square. Those sacred bees are size 3 and have 4 attacks, giving them 8(!) attacks per square. They will absolutely shred most things they come into contact with to begin with, plus they are sacred so can be blessed. I think simply way better than vanilla power level is a pretty accurate description.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I mean it's worth saying that most other nations in this game are at least reasonably on similar power levels, I'm not calling the wasps OP in the context of this game. Just look at Clowns for example as a nation better than almost all vanilla nations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The metal slug nation looks pretty interesting too I've seen the sprites but have never seen it in action, I don't really play mod nation games.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
There's four metal slug nations in the pack, I just didn't really gel with the 'normal' ones due to personal balance decisions by the creator regarding wizards. The Invader Aliens from the same pack are currently rampaging through another modded game on the discord, so that's a hoot and a half.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Okay, but for the virtue of people who've been out of it for a little while (or half decade), and the entertainment value of performative outrage...

What's so bad about Twee?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Ceebees posted:

Okay, but for the virtue of people who've been out of it for a little while (or half decade), and the entertainment value of performative outrage...

What's so bad about Twee?

Do YOU like being locked in a phone booth with eleven other expansionist nations? Then we've got the map for you! Introducing: Twee! For when you really need to get shivved in the kidneys on turn five!

I think it's more or less just as squeezed as a map can be without every cap circle abutting another cap circle, it tends to get very feisty very fast and is absolutely not made for turtling.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
The starting locations are hilariously bad, but that's barely scratching the surface. As far as I can tell some of the jank was lost between dominions 4 and 5, but the cap locations are still in there. I am literally sharing a cap circle with another player, and there's more to come.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
It also has a ton of mountains and forests making movement tedious and income lower than usual. There's really only one area with farms. The player who starts there has an income advantage but also a huge target on their back.

LukasR23 posted:

The starting locations are hilariously bad, but that's barely scratching the surface. As far as I can tell some of the jank was lost between dominions 4 and 5, but the cap locations are still in there. I am literally sharing a cap circle with another player, and there's more to come.

Could be worse!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

It also has a ton of mountains and forests making movement tedious and income lower than usual. There's really only one area with farms. The player who starts there has an income advantage but also a huge target on their back.

Could be worse!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
As all fish nations deserve :bahgawd:

BaronOhShi
Jun 30, 2019

LukasR23 posted:

There's four metal slug nations in the pack, I just didn't really gel with the 'normal' ones due to personal balance decisions by the creator regarding wizards. The Invader Aliens from the same pack are currently rampaging through another modded game on the discord, so that's a hoot and a half.

Wizard are cowards! Real warriors throw hands.

I made the metal slug mod and I'm only kind of sorry, the regular army in particular was only ever meant to be 99% gimmick and the fact that Lukas is playing them awes me. I do apologize for these nations being under-tested, I couldn't trick politely persuade many others to give me feedback and I'm my own worst tester. Already we have in fact encountered one bug, those fancy soldiers being generated by the wagon are supposed to be recruits...

I'm sorry.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Good thing there are absolutely not other insect nations in this game.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

BaronOhShi posted:

Wizard are cowards! Real warriors throw hands.

I made the metal slug mod and I'm only kind of sorry, the regular army in particular was only ever meant to be 99% gimmick and the fact that Lukas is playing them awes me. I do apologize for these nations being under-tested, I couldn't trick politely persuade many others to give me feedback and I'm my own worst tester. Already we have in fact encountered one bug, those fancy soldiers being generated by the wagon are supposed to be recruits...

I'm sorry.

And the starting army!

But yes, I only discovered this quite a few turns in. And frankly it's in my favour, so I see no issue with it. :smug:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

There is one other noteworthy weakness that wasps have that can be summed up in a screenshot that Real Dominions Heads will instantly understand:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
It's a real Burden for them

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

drat. And the Queens?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

SIGSEGV posted:

drat. And the Queens?

The big cap only queens have a pretty respectable 300~ year lifespan, and I think there is one other wizard that lives around 100 years, but if a Burden of Time is up 95% of your troops and mages will turn into aging, dying geriatrics within like 2 to 3 months.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

So only utterly devastating instead of straight up game over.

I've never actually tried the no foreign rec modding tag, does it make site mages unavailable as well?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

God I was craving another domlp I'm so happy now.

lol

lol

lol

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Looking forward to seeing how this compares to the invader aliens.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Bonus Post - Prohpets

I promised a prophet overview, and you're getting it. This is every prophet from the turn 2 announcements, with their unit type and some uneducated commentary from me. Most of them are just starting commanders, but it's still interesting to look at and gives people excuses to talk about stuff.

Reposting this so we have a full order of everyone’s prophets. This is only ten of twelve nations, though. Ryugo-Jo and Shambhala both apparently didn’t want to. So, taking it from the top!

The name made me giggle a bit. He’s the starting commander of course, a fairly generic unit that’s pretty much vanilla. I like Melodiana's theming a fair bit though, so he gets a pass.

As I said. Pretty much vanilla. Neat cape!

Points for song lyrics!

This guy is.. Okay, I wouldn’t want to fight that. I don’t even know what the second form is, but three weapons is always solid and as this is being written… fairly late I’m aware of what his bless is. He’s one of the stronger prophets should we lock them all in a cage match, but some of that comes down to 'is the bless good'.

Decent theme, but Ramc did it better. Sorry, Baudin!

...hmm. Yes, these are different images. I guess it all comes down to the bless. Stupid mod nations.

Cat.

Well, okay. BIG cat. Three attacks, but the pounce is technically a lance. I like his chances against most things, but he does have one problem.

...I don’t get it. Okay, I kind of do. But I also don’t. This one is weird.

The ant is decently strong, but mental shock is.. Certinaly a thing. He’s basically got ten shots of infinitely accurate paralyze, and if he’s blessed on top of that.. Oof.

But hey, it’s a mod game. All bets are off.

I like this one, but 90% of the Oceania jokes are about something that hasn’t really been gone into yet. So I’m just going to leave it unsaid for a few turns until the joke is explained by somebody else.

This guy is just a starting scout. That’s it. Bah. He’s still useful in a way, but here I figured JonJoe would be blessing his commander and rushing forward.

Okay, I shouldn’t find this as funny as I do. Hopefully purple can keep up this quality of unit name in the future.

Purple has already explained the hive commander, but I really like that art so I posted it again. It’s so cool!

Skipping over my own prophet, because she’s literally a truck.

I’ll be honest, I hate this. In a way I cannot quite describe.

The unit itself is decent, but he lacks the grenades that make the actual new republic soldiers so dangerous. More on that if we ever end up getting close to them.

And last - for this turn - and very definitely least:

Booooooo!
Admittedly part of this is just Dedarag being bugged and lacking their nametype. But still. Booo!

The unit itself is pretty good. Formation fighter, PD 1, a magic weapon, ~20 protection… and 13 magic resistance for some reason. In a mod game I’m not so sure how strong he is, but he could definitely take the Cassian prophets and I kinda fancy him against the tiger lord and the ant?

Bonus:
This is from turn 3. It looks like he waited so he could get something other than a crab, which is kind of a shame because I like crabs.

I’ll be honest, I thought that name was default at first. It still might be, but it also sounds vaguely punny so you get a pass.

I don’t know what the dragon form looks like, but if it works well then this guy could be powerful. He’s definitely got a lot of morale and MR, and that spear looks tasty. But he’s also aquatic-only. So he’s never leaving that lake. Whoops, that's the full amphibious tag. He's perfectly fine no matter the terrain. Hopefully beardbeard can pop up with an image of the transformed form or something.

That's all for now. Tune in tomorrow, when we'll actually be shooting things!

LukasR23 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 24, 2021

Ramc
May 4, 2008

LukasR23 posted:

I don’t know what the dragon form looks like, but if it works well then this guy could be powerful. He’s definitely got a lot of morale and MR, and that spear looks tasty. But he’s also aquatic-only. So he’s never leaving that lake. Hopefully beardbeard can pop up with an image or something.

That's all for now. Tune in tomorrow, when we'll actually be shooting things!

That's the amphibious symbol, not the water-only one. He can go on land.

And as for Cassia, in 99% of the cases where someone's true form is revealed when they are struck down, that true form? A mere 1hp tiny bee.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Whoops. Thanks, Ramc. Fixed in the post proper.

And don't diss those 1HP bees, I'm sure they'll achieve something at some point against all odds or reason.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

LukasR23 posted:

The ant is decently strong, but mental shock is.. Certinaly a thing. He’s basically got ten shots of infinitely accurate paralyze, and if he’s blessed on top of that.. Oof.

But hey, it’s a mod game. All bets are off.

The ant prophet is actually a lot more badass then you think, because the starting commander prophetshapes into a Myrmec Prince.

You can, with a decent bless, solo expand with your ant prophet. And with your awake pretender. And have your 40 leadership scout lead your starting army. Swarmhive's expansion game is insane.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

LukasR23 posted:

...I don’t get it. Okay, I kind of do. But I also don’t. This one is weird.

It was a meme years ago to call Pres. Obama Barack 'the Islamic Shock' Obama so this is a play on that for obvious reasons. I'll probably do a small writeup of my nation soon including the trials and tribulations of dom5 modding, hooray!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Arcvasti posted:

The ant prophet is actually a lot more badass then you think, because the starting commander prophetshapes into a Myrmec Prince.

You can, with a decent bless, solo expand with your ant prophet. And with your awake pretender. And have your 40 leadership scout lead your starting army. Swarmhive's expansion game is insane.

From another game (where i was MA Cassia and there were a lot of alexa mods), these things are absolutely beastly and very difficult to deal with.

...but there are ways

Ramc
May 4, 2008

LukasR23 posted:

And don't diss those 1HP bees, I'm sure they'll achieve something at some point against all odds or reason.

i would never diss a bee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
I never expected this to actually become an LP, and I super did not expect the LPer to actually screenshot that terrible name. I've been undone! My extreme sloth in creating my pretender revealed for anyone who dares read this LP!
Spoiler: I'm currently not dead in this game