Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

LukasR23 posted:

...I don’t get it. Okay, I kind of do. But I also don’t. This one is weird.

It was a meme years ago to call Pres. Obama Barack 'the Islamic Shock' Obama so this is a play on that for obvious reasons. I'll probably do a small writeup of my nation soon including the trials and tribulations of dom5 modding, hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I am also in this game as Swarmhive. Unfortunately there were some issues with this nation, I gave the game creator what I thought was the most up to date modpack of the Swarmhive nations but it turns out it wasn't. That pack was just the ants and hadn't been updated since dom4 while the super big pack with all the alexsa was up to date. By the time I realized, the mods had already been domingled and other bugfixes implemented so I offered to try and fix it myself since beardbeard was already doing a ton of fixes already. I'd never done any dominions modding before so naturally the nation is semi-hosed up but it was certainly a learning experience.

Anyway, the premise is that these are magic being ants with some humans or human forms mixed in. They're good earth, astral and nature with a smattering of air and water while also being able to go underwater with coastal forts. The ants are also all blind so they get very low precision but at least I don't suffer in darkness. Of course there are no death mages so I can't cast darkness anyway but maybe enemies will cast it if they don't bother looking at my nation.

Here are the deets, note the extra nature bless points which come in handy. They also spread sloth so it's a no-brainer to pick up sloth 3 especially when combined with the workhorse mage of the nation.

Swarm wizards are pretty cheap with a gross research score in sloth 3 and magic 3. They do have a decent upkeep but even as combat mages they're useful due to astral.

Homo godborn are the cap sacreds. I guess they're called homos because they have human like hands unlike other ants but I'll not find it amusing that one of the cap sites is called the homo breeding hive. Anyway, these dudes are pretty tough and damaging plus they have mental shock, making them very useful for paralyzing incoming enemies to spread them out. You might be wondering why the sprite has a shield and they don't and that's because I hosed up and didn't notice it was missing. That would've come in super handy against all the crazy modshit ranged units.

Godsworn are the anywhere sacreds. They're humans and not great but at least they have low upkeep. Most of the ant units have a lot of upkeep which makes it hard to sustain an economy when you go for an incarnate bless. As for why you want an awake pretender...

...it's because you want this guy. He's got great paths and you get the +2 nature bless points to boot plus super high protection, a retinue of ants, elemental resists and recuperation. One of the best expanders you could get, for sure.

Anyway, these are the good infantry. No shield but decent damage and protection, low encumbrance and mental shock. There's other units but I'm too lazy to take pictures for those. The lesser ant infantry have no arms so they can just bite and spit instead of mental shock and there's also cheap warworkers that give resources in their province to help you out for taking sloth 3. There's some expensive ant mages but they're all hampered by being low precision, most are just 5 while the average human precision is 10. Still, there's a lot of stuff that doesn't need precision so they do ok.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

Ants being sloth-aligned seems kinda misguided.

It does although the ants do get some nice events if you take production at least.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

goatface posted:

Skellies should be squishier than they are.

You're thinking of ghouls.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah, it was a really dumb fight. The hp would've been ok probably but I forgot to turn off attack closest from expansion. I also should've double scripted arrow fend, iirc it didn't go off which would've helped with all the blaster spam.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I would have paid even more since I was losing badly to Oceania at that point. Their sacreds were just running over me and they had hundreds of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah s4 is bad for SCs but I have to use whatever I can to fight back at this point. Also that armor my king has doesn't fit any of my other units because I hosed up the mod.