Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

LukasR23 posted:

The ant is decently strong, but mental shock is.. Certinaly a thing. He’s basically got ten shots of infinitely accurate paralyze, and if he’s blessed on top of that.. Oof.

But hey, it’s a mod game. All bets are off.

The ant prophet is actually a lot more badass then you think, because the starting commander prophetshapes into a Myrmec Prince.

You can, with a decent bless, solo expand with your ant prophet. And with your awake pretender. And have your 40 leadership scout lead your starting army. Swarmhive's expansion game is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

When something has two elements, like the Laser, what does the resistance check against?

It chooses randomly between an element each time it deals damage, like with different physical damage types on weapons.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

Because if JBBM adopted something like that, it might be possible to bring the popkills back into the normal rotation more often, without ruining anyone's fun.

JBBM does actually do this, at least on a smaller scale. If you have growth >= 1, neutral or positive dominion and you're not a popkill nation then 0 pop provinces will become 100 pop provinces, allowing you to at least put some PD in to resist scout captures.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

my dad posted:

Random trivia of the day: There is a number of players who absolutely cannot restrain themselves from attacking a province if their scout reports no PD in it, no matter how suicidally stupid that idea is in the overall political/strategic picture.

The same thing is true of unforted temples, at least when you're already at war. Plopping down a temple a few provinces ahead of the enemy advance is a great way to make sure they attack the province you want so you can intercept them properly.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

the Orb of Zot posted:

How can LA Ryleh be bad when it is Literally the only water nation in LA (with the sort of exception of Atlantis...

I will not stand for this erytheia erasure, the crazy inbred merpeople are a real nation that deserves respect.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Boots of quickness are good actually! They give like +12 map move, and doubled aging for one turn isn't a big deal. Still worse then the nature version, but quite serviceable nonetheless.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Unless they're mages, spies don't get the magic graphs, only provinces/army size/income. Income is pretty much a function of provinces, which are visible with just plain scouts, so this doesn't give them that much real information. It's often not really worth the turns to try and patrol out a spy imo, even if you will also probably catch a bunch of random scouts along the way.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

Generally I always end up parking my scouts, depending on number and how many I have, on thrones if nothing else pops up. It helps tell who's taken what throne, and where it is, and also occasionally lets you know about hilarious losses people have taken while getting owned by throne guardians.

It is also funny when they waste the mage turns of people trying to mind hunt clear thrones by getting their brains popped. Or better yet popping the brains of the would-be mind hunter, if they're starchildren or some other stealthy S mage.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

goatface posted:

Why would you ever sell those for anything less than stupid amounts? Especially to a nation without native H3s.

Probably if the person I was selling them to was known for going ai early, and had been crippled by a brutal early war.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Love to see some flying monkeys. Such precious little things.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Ardeem posted:

The answer is probably "No, it's just like that because Dominion spagetti code" but if the spell can only be cast in the World Government Cap, and the Cap can only generate on dry land... is there way to make the province count as under water during the magic phase?

There aren't any spells to water or underwater provinces, no. This is a map limitation more then anything else: the map image can't be dynamically changed to accommodate new terrain even with the default map generator, let alone with a custom map where all the water provinces are salad or piss or something.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Dominion also acts as a tie-breaker for the win if multiple people are tied for the number of ascension points required to win. There are also sites that only give dominion graphs, so you can use them as a ghetto proxy for income and fort graphs on nations with sacred mages.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Name a more dynamic duo then dominions five mod makers and not understanding how powerful AP weapons are.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Ramc posted:

the only moral AP weapon mod sacreds are my AP weapon mod sacreds (in guanghan)

Yeah the AP rabbits are pretty well balanced. They are still insanely murdery, but about on the same level as a vanhere, while being squishier.

PurpleXVI posted:

Personally if I was expecting to bring my god to battle against a nation with any recruitable astral, I'd want at least S6 or S7. At S4 it's still like a 30% chance that any given cheap S1 casting Magic Duel pops your god like a cheap balloon, because it's not a bell curved roll, just 1d6+base astral and highest roll wipes out the other one(I forget if a tie wipes out the lower-astral one or blows up both).

The Myrmec King is not meant as an SC past year 1, yeah. The point of the strat is to have really strong expansion and then have him hang out in the cap making sacred ant babies and using his big magic for rituals and forging. The propheted Myrmec Prince meanwhile you can be as reckless with as you like because if you get it killed stupidly then you can prophet a queen and unlock the H4 sacred summoning rituals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
You can get gnomes from sites, most notably the Throne of Earth, but they'll sometimes show up as troops from events and can be gift of reasoned into full mages. They're good little dudes but have a bad habit of muting themselves when they cast howl due to tiny hp.